HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

View Poll Results: Do you think its a good idea?
YES 17 53.13%
NO 15 46.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 5, 2007, 8:34 AM

Another Kudos for TXlifeguard, very well written and thought out. I also have to disagree on some minor points. I think it's the small faction of people living in Stone Oak that believe that the toll road is a bad thing. Living inside 410, and having to go out that way maybe 3 or 4 times a year to me a toll road makes since. I don't mind paying for the convenience , just like the convenience that the Dallas North Tollway provides here in Dallas. It's easier to jump on and get between Downtown Dallas and the Northern Suburbs.
Second, the first light rail line was not comprehensive and fair for all sides of town. It was being sold a a total and complete package, yet their was not a NE side rail line. There was a NW and NC, but nothing to serve the booming NE side suburbs and relieve I-35. If it had been offered as a starter system like Houston's or a full light rail system you probably would have seen it pass.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio