HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 28, 2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
You cannot walk on both sides of the street - either St Annes gets grade separated and establishes the 2 KM between access point rule which would apply to Sage Creek and many others or we go with a 4 KM rule and close off access to St Annes.

The challenge is it is a select one rule position that we, as tax payers, are in right now that has long term implications. You either want more limited access or more frequent access, period. It isn't about letting the one "as the crow flies" road you will personally use have access.
I have to disagree, road building isn't like law where a precedent has to be followed, or rules other than safety standards have to be followed. Access points will be placed where it is logical to ensure proper free flowing traffic as well as adequate access. If that is 1, 2, or 4 km then so be it.

As previously mentioned, Henderson and Main are very close to one another (650m from merge lane to merge lane) and anyone driving through can probably say that the merging, acceleration, and weaving is not ideal but the interchanges were built in a time with less traffic and likely lower building standards. If you were to raze the whole area down and rebuild the area, Henderson would be shifted east to give more room.

No one is out there saying a precedent was set and access should be placed every 650 meters on perimeter because of Henderson and Main. It would be ridiculous and unnecessary.

Likewise, if precedents dictated road building, then anyone could have their dirt road driveway connect to major highways since dirt roads previously connected to Perimeter/59/75/1 (and still do) but the province is finally moving on closing these unsafe crossings.

St Anne's will get an interchange. Gunn and Pipeline will too. Looking at Edmonton and Calgary's ring roads, accesses seem to be every 2-3 km or so.

A lot of people on this forum are complaining about Sage Creek needing an interchange. Those residents currently access Lagimodiere. The neighbourhood doesn't even have access to Plessis to reach Perimeter and there does not appear to be any plans to allow access from Plessis either.

Looking at the designs for that South Perimeter Study, Symington road will have a diamond. If you pull up Google Maps at Symington and zoom out, Sage Creek represents only about 1/3 of the space between Perimeter, Lag, and Navin Road (the area that would realistically access Symington rather than Fermor to get to Perimeter), so this future interchange will not be exclusive for Sage Creek.

Old Posted May 29, 2019, 5:58 PM

http://clkapps.winnipeg.ca/DMIS/perm...90528(RM)PW-14

In this report, it notes CPT is likely not required until beyond 2031.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2020, 3:28 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Anyone noticed a new set of traffic lights, most of the new ones facing west, that was recently put up at Main and CPT? Not sure why they would put them up now, considering we haven't heard a peep about this project in quite some time.

Anyone have the low-down on this?

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2020, 3:42 AM

maybe it's signals for cyclists to cross from that new active transportation trail?

Old Posted Jul 22, 2020, 3:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
Anyone noticed a new set of traffic lights, most of the new ones facing west, that was recently put up at Main and CPT? Not sure why they would put them up now, considering we haven't heard a peep about this project in quite some time.

Anyone have the low-down on this?
They put up lights with specific signals for the bike path. Could it be this?

Old Posted Jul 22, 2020, 1:25 PM

Access for the watsewater plant project will the CPT corridor to the west. Off what is now Highland Ave.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2020, 9:20 PM

So the city is finally doing something about the entry to the Northend Sewer Plant?

There have been concers for years about the septic trucks and the leachate tankers from the various city garbage dumps potentially getting hit entering and coming out of the existing plant roads.

Not the type of hazmat load you want dumped all over the place.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2020, 2:20 PM

Sorry. Just temporary construction access for the project. That land is reserved for the CPT extension.

I'm not sure if there are any other permanent improvements.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2020, 11:55 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
They put up lights with specific signals for the bike path. Could it be this?
I thought it was, but upon closer inspection, it isn't. I guess they want to put it up while they can before they forget or something.

There hasn't been a single peep or any activity other than contractor and city vehicles up Highland for what I'm assuming work being done at the sewage treatment plant.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2020, 2:26 PM

They're still in the bid phase for that project. Submissions due this fall (I think) with award next year. I don't think funding has been 100% approved yet.

I have no inside knowledge of what or why the signals were put up. But I know they are using the corridor for access to the project. So that would make sense. Maybe they're just super ahead of schedule on that haha

Old Posted Jul 25, 2020, 12:53 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

I guess they want to get ahead of the ball while they can.

For now, it's just signals covered up.

Now, I'm not so sure.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan