HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jun 19, 2008, 5:36 AM
Everywhere all at once

A nice tower, no doubt about it. Glad to see the presence of Steven Holl, as well as some more exciting plans in that area, what with the ups and downs of the Hudson Yards.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2008, 1:24 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalziand
I think this tower is fine. This tower isn't feminine, though. It may have a waistline, but it also has strong shoulders.
Compare to what we saw earlier...

_

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2008, 2:44 PM

it still looks very much the same to me.

the first render is crappy with little detail, taken at a slighter straighter angle, and at night.
to me it still looks like the setbacks and curves are the same. but whatever

Old Posted Jun 19, 2008, 3:10 PM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

Yeah, I don't think that the design of the tower changed, but, we just got better renders.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 4:07 AM
New Yorker for life

It only changed slightly, if you look at the "creases". A few are eliminated. This tower looks more office than residential, similar to the way the Orion does.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2008, 3:59 AM

Nice tower, any news about it?

Old Posted Jul 27, 2008, 7:22 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliendroid View Post
Nice tower, any news about it?
Haven't heard or seen any. I won't be back for another couple of weeks, so I'm a little behind on the developments.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2008, 5:35 AM
(Middle-Island)

I've been seeing this tower in the UC diagram here for a couple of weeks now......Move?

Old Posted Aug 25, 2009, 1:54 AM
DENNAB

was this building put on hold? It says it's under construction on the diagrams but I guess that's a mistake.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2009, 2:10 PM
New Yorker for life

This one looks officially done for...
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Bank+f...e.-a0211362341

Real Estate Weekly

Quote:
Bank foreclosing on Extell site.

Daniel Geiger
October 28, 2009

Barclays has begun foreclosure proceedings on a development parcel owned by Extell Development Company on the far West Side.

The London-based bank filed suit against Extell over the weekend, claiming that the real estate firm has defaulted on a $28.8 million mortgage Barclays loaned the company in 2005.

The lawsuit names Extell's chief executive, Gary Barnett, as a personal guarantor on the debt, meaning he is responsible for paying portions of the mortgage if proceeds from a foreclosure saleforeclosure sale aren't sufficient to recoup the loan amount.

The guarantee could put Barnett on the hook for millions, especially since it would appear difficult to sell the land for the amount he paid. Real estate prices have dropped dramatically during the economic downturn, but perhaps no property type has fallen in the city more precipitously than land, whose value is typically tied to the economic prospects of the real estate that can be built on it.

According to according to the suit, Barnett borrowed the money to consolidate under a single, senior mortgage the debt from a collection of smaller parcels he had amassed to create the development site.

According to written reports, Barnett had planned to raise a soaring mixed-use skyscraper on the site, which is located at 350-366 Tenth Avenue between 30th and 31st Streets, during a period when the area appeared to be an important new frontier New Frontier

Barnett's parcel sits across the street from the West Side rail yards, a site envisioned as a westward expansion of midtown with millions of square feet of new commercial and residential space planned.

Perhaps sensing the opportunity to develop an adjacent property and be at the forefront of an emerging area, Barnett paid handsomely to amass a parcel on the relatively small block-front large enough to raise what he planned would be a soaring 600,000 s/f tower. Included in the project were even plans to construct a costly sky bridge over Tenth Avenue linking the property to the High Line.

Barnett was reported to have spent $23 million to buy up a property known as the Stuart Dean building in 2005, a low-rise structure he later demolished to clear the bulk of the site. Barnett later paid the Port Authority over $17 million for a 7,300 s/f section of land to expand the parcel in 2007.

Barclay's complaint, which was filed in State Supreme Court last Friday, states that Barnett failed to make an $84,021.38 interest payment for the loan that was due on June 9 and that there was no longer enough funds in an interest reserve to cover the missed amount.

Barclays says that it is owed close to $30 million after factoring in interest on the loan, which is now accruing at a higher rate because the mortgage is in default. In July alone, the bank said that $205,527.84 in interest at this default rate had been added to the mortgage balance, along with $14,477.46 in late fees

The bank notes that: "Barnett is liable for the full payment of all accrued and unpaid interest, including payment of any deficiency between the amount finally adjudged to be due and owing due and owing on the consolidated mortgage consolidated mortgage

Barnett did not responds to request for comment.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2010, 5:28 AM

dead not dead whats going on here?

Old Posted Jul 24, 2010, 11:31 PM
World Machine

^^^You really had to bump this thread...when news surfaces it will be posted.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2010, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
^^^You really had to bump this thread...when news surfaces it will be posted.
i was asking because in the previous post the bank foreclosed so i was wondering if it killed the project.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2010, 1:27 AM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
i was asking because in the previous post the bank foreclosed so i was wondering if it killed the project.
I really want to know too.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive