HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Nov 23, 2018, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
No. It's too small, and CVS owns it. They make a lot of money just having it as a parking lot. During the opening ceremony of the San Pedro Ceek Culture Park, this place was charging $25 just to park. I did not pay and just used the spot where I work not fair down the street. Nevertheless, people were parking there.
Too small for what?

Old Posted Nov 24, 2018, 3:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
That isn’t parking for residential. That’s a parking low for the Christus medical facility.
Thanks for the correction. It really changed the point of my post.

That said, that area could be a retail bonanza except for that ugly, parking lot.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2018, 6:25 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless One View Post
Thanks for the correction. It really changed the point of my post.

That said, that area could be a retail bonanza except for that ugly, parking lot.
I wasn’t trying to change the point of your post. I was just correcting it.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2018, 3:43 AM

There is a building (never seen before) at 315 E. 1st. in Austin (behind the Four Seasons) that has a beautiful parking garage. I had to really look to make sure it was a parking stucture. I couldn't tell at first. The only reason I like looked further wa the very fact that it's a building in downtown Austin. It's a great example of a great parking stucture. Anyone know the name of building?

Old Posted Dec 8, 2018, 6:23 AM
Meh

I'm putting a spoiler link here so we don't disrupt the Frost Bank HQ thread, but you can click it and read what I added to my post.

Last edited by KevinFromTexas; Dec 8, 2018 at 7:37 PM.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2018, 8:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Do you mean this building? That's the Four Seasons Residences, a condo tower, though, I've never thought of its garage as beautiful.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/31...!4d-97.7415377

When a parking garage doesn't look like a parking garage, I call it beautiful.

I had no idea the four seasons was a whole complex. I thought it was just one building where it was hotel and residence.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2018, 10:34 AM

So, I drove by the frost tonight. Really cool - it's lit like a Christmas tree right now and the colors keep changing, it's not just a bunch of different colors at one time through the the night, it's a bunch of colors schemes throughout the night.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2018, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
So, I drove by the frost tonight. Really cool - it's lit like a Christmas tree right now and the colors keep changing, it's not just a bunch of different colors at one time through the the night, it's a bunch of colors schemes throughout the night.
Snapped a pic of the colors last night from my bedroom. Pic doesn't do much justice to how cool it looked in person.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2018, 2:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txex06 View Post
Snapped a pic of the colors last night from my bedroom. Pic doesn't do much justice to how cool it looked in person.
Nice pic!!
So, I went to the top of the rooftop terrace of my building tonight to see the lit Frost Tower, and it looks AWESOME!!
With the Bank of America building lights and the Frost Tower lights nearby, the night skyline is looking FANTASTIC! Great addition!
Too cold to be up there for a long time tonight though!

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 6:13 PM

Yep, Saturday night it had a nice changing color scheme. Looked like a few of the vertical lights aren’t still fully operational, though, a couple sections of the lines seemed to be missing.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micahinsa View Post
Yep, Saturday night it had a nice changing color scheme. Looked like a few of the vertical lights aren’t still fully operational, though, a couple sections of the lines seemed to be missing.
I think they are still installing/ configuring - every night it seems another "spike" has lighting.
Last night, in fact, it seemed that while the lights were really uncoordinated in the color-changing function early (6:30ish), by 10:30 all but one of the spikes were changing in unison.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montirob View Post
I think they are still installing/ configuring - every night it seems another "spike" has lighting.
Last night, in fact, it seemed that while the lights were really uncoordinated in the color-changing function early (6:30ish), by 10:30 all but one of the spikes were changing in unison.
It always seemed that way but the lights were installed with the windows. They were built into the glass.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montirob View Post
It's gradually becoming sentient!

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 4:24 PM
constructor extrodinaire!

If you go back and look at the webcam and go back to the overnight hours, you can see the LED's lit up. Pretty cool!

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 4:47 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Saw it lit up from a distance for the first time a few days ago. Sexy as hell!

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 10:13 PM

It seems to me that we need to change this from U/C to Complete!!! So very nice

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 10:54 PM

The Frost tower is definitely the best thing going anywhere! The only problem I have with that is that it's all by its self! The only modern, glass tower here. We absolutely need more of these types of buildings here! It'll be hard to top the Frost, but hopeful, someday, someone will come close!

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 11:52 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraDanPrime View Post
The Frost tower is definitely the best thing going anywhere! The only problem I have with that is that it's all by its self! The only modern, glass tower here. We absolutely need more of these types of buildings here! It'll be hard to top the Frost, but hopeful, someday, someone will come close!
I respect your opinion and your right to have it.

On a related note, I too like Frost. I don't like its garage. My opinion isn't formed on the lighting as I generally don't like what is in my opinion garish displays of "look at me" lighting. Hopefully it's more subtle in person that it appears in photos.

My favorite in SA is still Tower Life by a long shot, then it's either Frost Tower or BofA. I'll know better when I see it in person next week. Tower of the Americas is in a whole different category, but is one of my favorites in the skyline.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2018, 5:54 PM

Here are some up close and personal shots of the Frost tower that I took on 12/14/18. They now have 2 out of the 4 Frost logos lit up at night.

As you can tell, the tower is on a "color changing mode" so I took a picture of most of the colors that it changes to. It also changes to yellow, purple, and white (I might of saw orange too?) for a split second. I recorded a video of the colors changing that i'll probably post on YouTube and place on here. I wish I can get a photo of the skyline at night because it looks amazing from a distance. Anyone know where there's a good, safe place to stop and take a photo of the SA skyline?

Old Posted Dec 15, 2018, 6:23 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDG91 View Post
Anyone know where there's a good, safe place to stop and take a photo of the SA skyline?
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=229901

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio