HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

View Poll Results: who do you want to win?
NDP -- Lorne Calvert 11 24.44%
Sask Party -- Brad Wall 19 42.22%
Liberals -- David Karwaki 6 13.33%
I don't care 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 12:35 AM
Gone

Who do you want to win the Saskatchewan Provincial election?

With the election only a few weeks away, who do you think should win?

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 12:47 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormo View Post
With the election only a few weeks away, who do you think should win?
Definately Brad Wall. The old and tired NDP has got to go. There constant whining over equalization is beyond embarrasing. Now that we are in an economic boom and all our current govt is doing is whining about a handout is sad beyond belief. Like a friend of mine said earlier today....its kinda like driving to the Welfare office in a Lexus to pick up your cheque

Go Brad Go!!!!

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 1:00 AM
I am a typical

Canada is not short on elections this year.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 1:02 AM

Sask Party. For many reasons, but their promise to limit tax-payer funded government boosterism ads was enough to sell me

I'm sick of the NDP's pathetic attempts to buy votes with tax-funded "oooo look how great Saskatchewan is now" ads.. Quit talking about how great Saskatchewan is, and actually do something to make it better

Also, I like the idea of fixed election dates. None of this guessing crap

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 1:11 AM
I am a typical

"Also, I like the idea of fixed election dates."

We just got off of four years with the Liberal Party of Ontario, who are like the NDP of Saskatchewan, but stupider. You will not like the idea of fixed election dates. The last year, the government suffers from "sitting-duck" syndrome and does fuck all for anything. It's much better when they're kept on their feet.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 1:27 AM
Gone

I am personally hoping the liberals win. I like the idea of the sask party winning, but my first pick is the liberals

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 2:08 AM
Canadian Urbanite

Liberals are just hoping that their leader can win his seat.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 2:14 AM
Gone

the libs should hope anyone will win their seat. but i still want them to win

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 2:18 AM
Gone

actually now i think of it, i would want libs and sask party to win similar amounts of seats, but the sask party would have a couple more and win. NDP would get zero of course!

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 2:20 AM
Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaGuy View Post
Sask Party. For many reasons, but their promise to limit tax-payer funded government boosterism ads was enough to sell me

I'm sick of the NDP's pathetic attempts to buy votes with tax-funded "oooo look how great Saskatchewan is now" ads.. Quit talking about how great Saskatchewan is, and actually do something to make it better

While I agree with your views .. I do have to say that the Saskatchewan Ads posted within Calgary have been fairly successful. There is one at the C-train station I use everyday .. and I notice people looking at it and considering its message.. they convey the messege that Saskatchewan offers a quite place to raise a family, with very short commutes and cheap housing. While this is a very simple messege, it has worked in attracting ex-pats to return .. and has even peaked a few non-Saskatchewan people to consider there options.

With that said Saskatchwan has long been big on big boosterism campaigns .. for a couple deacdes at least. I remember the Saskatchewan TV ads plastered over all the local networks in the early 90's... (sung in a lame jingle) "Saskatchewan .. above and beyond". It has been near propaganda levels in the past... but I think it makes people think the NDP are doing alot to improve the economy .. if there are ads telling them so 10 times a night.

Anyways .. go Sask Party!!

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 2:53 AM

Not a fan of the NDP... Seems that they have been doing the whole "Privatization" bullshit again... Also Karwacki... met him once... not impressed Anyways... go Sask Party!

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 2:54 AM
Portage & Main 50 below

You should just be happy that Doer isn't your premier..

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 3:09 AM
Tiger

Too much time in power for the NDP and a younger leader will probably propel the Sask party to government. Time is right for a change.

Now, if only the people of Alberta will smarten up and do what other provinces do in turfing regimes that have worn out their welcome.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 3:28 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Definately Brad Wall. The old and tired NDP has got to go. There constant whining over equalization is beyond embarrasing. Now that we are in an economic boom and all our current govt is doing is whining about a handout is sad beyond belief. Like a friend of mine said earlier today....its kinda like driving to the Welfare office in a Lexus to pick up your cheque

Go Brad Go!!!!
Not at all like Mayor Fiacco, who doesn't whine for more money during a booming economy and record levels of grants.
I think, I smell a hypocrite.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 3:32 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaGuy View Post

See above, you two support one politician doing the same but not the other. Your either scrapping the bottom of the barrel for a reason to vote for Big Bad Brad or you have no clue on how one thinks in a logical manner. I vote for the latter.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 4:13 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Quimby View Post
Not at all like Mayor Fiacco, who doesn't whine for more money during a booming economy and record levels of grants.
I think, I smell a hypocrite.
How did I know you'd bring Fiacco into this thread??? Your about as predictable as cold weather in January. I honestly think you should seek some professional help for your obsession......just check your posts in the 'Regina' thread......95% of them are about Fiacco and how much he's ruined your life. Now how about we get back to the topic of this thread mkay?

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 4:47 AM

Need another poll option

I may be in the minority this time around but I am currently undecided and will be until I hear a little more from the respective parties... Not that I will really believe anything anyone says

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 7:05 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
How did I know you'd bring Fiacco into this thread??? Your about as predictable as cold weather in January. I honestly think you should seek some professional help for your obsession......just check your posts in the 'Regina' thread......95% of them are about Fiacco and how much he's ruined your life. Now how about we get back to the topic of this thread mkay?
Because your hypocrisy is mind boggling and resembles ignorance. Fiacco isn't ruining my life, he is ruining Regina and it will all come out in the wash soon enough.

And if you look hard enough, you shall notice that Wall is using Pat's first campaign, time for a change, low taxes, etc., etc.

But...

How do you reconcile your support of Fiacco booster campaigns and whining for dollars with your criticsm of Calvert's very same actions?

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 8:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Quimby View Post
Because your hypocrisy is mind boggling and resembles ignorance. Fiacco isn't ruining my life, he is ruining Regina and it will all come out in the wash soon enough.

And if you look hard enough, you shall notice that Wall is using Pat's first campaign, time for a change, low taxes, etc., etc.

But...

How do you reconcile your support of Fiacco booster campaigns and whining for dollars with your criticsm of Calvert's very same actions?

When did I ever say I supported booster campaigns on the municipal level? I don't. I hate that big button in front of City Hall just as much as everyone else. Why do you have to mention Fiacco in every god damn post you make?

and newflyer, I actually don't mind the province spending a small amount of money on advertising outside of the province.. anything that will attract workers is okay in my books. My hate is directed towards the ads displayed in Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 8:15 AM
Canadian Urbanite

I just don't get why we are in such a hurry to oust the party that has brought us this "boom." Things are finally rolling here and we want to get rid of the guys who have made life good? Why, exactly?

What has the Sask Party said or done that makes them the smart choice. As far as I know the only thing they've done is kept their mouths shut as an attempt to not say anything stupid. They know if they mention anything about the Crown Corps it'll be Hermanson all over again. I follow politics very closely and the only thing that comes to mind is their promise to bring 800 nurses. As if that plan is feasible. Where are they getting 800 nurses from?

Interesting that on a forum that's about urbanism that people are favouring the Sask Party, a party that has strong rural ties. Whereas the NDP, the more urban party, is getting no respect.

I'm not saying change is bad, but I just don't see what the Sask Party has done to warrant all this respect.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan