HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 8:41 PM

Glad to see the BeltLine purchased 1150 Murphy Ave, that they’ll undergo a separate RFP for redevelopment of the site different than the other Murphy Crossing RFP, and they intend to build out the southern spur towards Oakland city station.
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...t-atlanta.html

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 3:53 PM

Feds pass over Beltline proposal seeking $18M grant for Southside Trail
Paywalled, but Beltline did not get Federal funding to help build the Southside trail. However, other areas on the Eastside and Westside trails are under construction right now.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 3:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Feds pass over Beltline proposal seeking $18M grant for Southside Trail
Paywalled, but Beltline did not get Federal funding to help build the Southside trail. However, other areas on the Eastside and Westside trails are under construction right now.
Fucking sucks, but kind of expected this. Trump’s administration grants have been geared towards highway infrastructure and we’ve been losing out on them the past couple years.

Under Obama we secured a few.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 3:15 PM

^Yes, DOTs metrics for rating proposals has shifted and now favors projects that are in rural areas or can move the most cars. Previously, points were awarded for equity (e.g. providing mobility options, whether it be by car/foot/transit/etc, for low income communities).

Old Posted Oct 10, 2020, 7:50 PM

Surveying for BeltLine Light Rail Moving Forward

https://whatnowatlanta.com/atlanta-b...oving-forward/
Quote:
Atlanta BeltLine, INC. (ABI) is moving forward with plans to add light rail transit to the 22-mile looped trail. The Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) on Monday, October 12, will start surveying the BeltLine “to begin engineering and to ultimately construct rail transit,” according to an announcement this week from ABI. MARTA will be collecting land survey information starting with the BeltLine Eastside Corridor (next to the Eastside Trail).

“You will see survey crews along the Eastside Trail, between Irwin Street and Ponce de Leon Avenue, for several weeks,” the announcement states. “While there will be minimal impact to trail users, please remember to be courteous and always maintain awareness of others (and remain a safe COVID distance) because the surveyors will occasionally be standing in the middle of the trail to collect their survey data.”

Old Posted Oct 11, 2020, 1:08 AM

Old Posted Oct 23, 2020, 10:42 PM

Atlanta BeltLine Elevator under construction

Old Posted Oct 24, 2020, 5:36 PM

They added framing to the elevator structure today.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2020, 11:45 PM

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 5:48 PM

Westside trail presentation from earlier this week:
https://beltlineorg-wpengine.netdna-...t.-9.27.20.pdf

Old Posted Nov 13, 2020, 10:22 PM

O4W Park Bridge

Old Posted Nov 13, 2020, 11:38 PM

DRC agenda is up and it includes the PCM lot B recently unveiled. Also includes a housing project for the Goat Farm.

Other items include the chikfila on Ponce (bit thumbs down from me) and painting more surface parking spots.
https://beltlineorg-wpengine.netdna-...er-18-2020.pdf

Old Posted Nov 16, 2020, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
DRC agenda is up and it includes the PCM lot B recently unveiled. Also includes a housing project for the Goat Farm.

Other items include the chikfila on Ponce (bit thumbs down from me) and painting more surface parking spots.
https://beltlineorg-wpengine.netdna-...er-18-2020.pdf
I know people are really supportive of Tim Keane and aware of the time that it takes to change zoning, but this is just unfathomable to me. A new drive through fast food place, in an area zoned MRC and in the Beltline overlay, on Ponce which is a key density corridor connecting downtown and O4W? I'm continually disappointed in this city.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2020, 2:07 PM

Quote:
I know people are really supportive of Tim Keane and aware of the time that it takes to change zoning, but this is just unfathomable to me. A new drive through fast food place, in an area zoned MRC and in the Beltline overlay, on Ponce which is a key density corridor connecting downtown and O4W? I'm continually disappointed in this city.
Seriously outside of changing some designs on a few buildings in Midtown, what has he done since he's gotten here?

Old Posted Nov 16, 2020, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Seriously outside of changing some designs on a few buildings in Midtown, what has he done since he's gotten here?
I wonder if Truett Cathy's push for capping the connector and perhaps leading some fundraising on that makes some look the other way with regard to the drive through? I know a new Dunkin Doughnuts with drive through was just built about 5 years ago on Boulevard and Ponce. Seems like Chick Fl A would do well with a store right on the Beltline, similar to what Shake Shack did.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2020, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Chick-fil-A isnt a regular fast food place. The customer service makes it feel fancier.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2020, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Like, WTF is he even getting paid for. Atl is continuously proving itself to be the city of missed opportunities. It's going to end up more of a hodge podge than it already is. Meanwhile, you have cities like Seattle, Portland and Denver actively implementing superior design and planning in their cores. It's a damn shame....

Old Posted Nov 16, 2020, 8:58 PM

Quote:
Don’t forget the drive thru chikfila is literally two blocks, 0.2 miles from the proposed 21 story hotel... on the same DRC agenda!

Oh there’s also a starbucks proposed just south of the Chikfila. Same block of Boulevard, but on North Ave.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2020, 10:16 PM

I should add, they’re proposing apartments on Parkway where they demolished the section 8 housing. So east of Midtown in a manner of 6 blocks it’s basically going to go:

Midtown
-> Grady outpatient center
-> Fast food joints
-> $600,000+ townhomes/demolished section 8/new apartments
-> fast food drive thrus & section 8 housing
-> SFH
-> condos
-> 21 story hotel
-> PCM

Old Posted Nov 17, 2020, 1:28 PM

Houston style development in that area. Le sigh.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta