HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 6:40 PM
New Yorker for life

Smile NEW YORK | 441 9th Ave |491 FT | 25 FLOORS

441 9th Ave
Hudson Commons

http://covepg.com/

Quote:
441 Ninth Avenue was originally an 8-story building built as a warehouse in 1962 and later redeveloped as an office building in 1983. The property was acquired fee simple by Cove and its Joint Venture Partner in a marketed transaction in 2016 from Emblem Health, which owned and occupied the property prior to sale.

The existing building possesses a side core configuration with generous 50,000 RSF plates, 14’4″ slab-to-slab heights and natural light on four sides and an onsite parking garage.

The property is located between 34th and 35th Streets along the entire block front on 9th Avenue, at the heart of the Hudson Yards and Penn Station development. It benefits from superior transportation access, being equidistant between Penn Station and the new 7 train extension servicing Hudson Yards, as well as the Port Authority and the Lincoln Tunnel.

Cove’s business plan is to fully reposition the existing 8 story building and add an incremental 17 stories of rentable office floors above. The fully redeveloped Class A office property, named “Hudson Commons”, will total approximately 700,000 RSF across 25 stories, with floor plates ranging from 16,000 RSF to 50,000 RSF. The contemplated design will incorporate 14’-28’ ceiling heights, 8’3” vision glass in the podium, floor-to-ceiling vision glass in the tower and 14 terraces & balconies. The property is targeting LEED Gold and Wired Platinum certification and aims to offer a full package of amenities including tenant lounges, bike room, ample outdoor space and meeting room & conferencing facilities. The varied and flexible floor layouts are suited to a range of different sized tenants and industries including TAMI (Technology, Advertising, Media and Information), fashion, financial services and legal tenants.

https://www.cpexecutive.com/post/man...ion-financing/

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 8:19 PM

For all the prewars that get demo'd in this city, it kills me that this ugly full block building right on 34th Street is one preserved for an addition. There's no reason this shouldn't be a new 1.5m sf tower.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 9:36 PM
New Yorker for life

I agree. They're already working on this, I assumed it was a simple renovation. There's so much going on, I don't pay attention to everything. But yeah, this was a prime site for a major upgrade beyond this "Spiral" lite.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 1:50 AM
New Yorker for life

https://therealdeal.com/2018/01/16/s...-in-on-new-hq/

Scripps, Discovery zero in on new HQ
Companies shortlist 441 Ninth Avenue and 1250 Broadway ahead of $15B merger

By Rich Bockmann
January 16, 2018

Quote:
Scripps Networks Interactive has shortlisted a pair of buildings for a new Manhattan headquarters that could be as large as 400,000 square feet, sources told The Real Deal. The negotiations come as Scripps gets ready to consolidate its footprint amid a proposed $15 billion merger with Discovery Communications.

Cove Property Group’s 441 Ninth Avenue on the Far West Side and Global Holdings’ 1250 Broadway at the edge of Koreatown are on the shortlist, sources told TRD.

Scripps, which owns television brands such as Food Network and HGTV, is headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, and Discovery has its corporate offices in Silver Spring, Maryland. But the two have several locations spread throughout Manhattan, and are looking to consolidate as they prepare to finalize the $14.6 billion merger announced in July.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 2:22 AM
BANNED

The addition looks good, but the heinous bottom needs a new facade.

This addition is like putting beautiful fake boobs on Roseanne Barr. One part looks great, but the rest is gross.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 2:59 PM

I always enjoy TheRealDeal's photoshopping prowess (shark attack on Guy Fieri).

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 2:06 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
I always enjoy TheRealDeal's photoshopping prowess (shark attack on Guy Fieri).

It's for the ratings, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
This addition is like putting beautiful fake boobs on Roseanne Barr. One part looks great, but the rest is gross.
That's mean. I'm sure somebody enjoys it.

http://collections.vam.ac.uk/item/O1...r-vanity-fair/

Yeah, it's baffling to me that they couldn't do better with this building. But getting it occupied is all that matters.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 2:45 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
It's for the ratings, lol.

That's mean. I'm sure somebody enjoys it.

http://collections.vam.ac.uk/item/O1...r-vanity-fair/

Yeah, it's baffling to me that they couldn't do better with this building. But getting it occupied is all that matters.
At first, I thought that was a photo of Bruce Jenner post-op. Gross in any event.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2018, 3:26 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Feb 23, 2018, 12:59 PM

I can't wait to see that parking lot in the foreground bite the dust. That's a massive lot.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2018, 5:21 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
I can't wait to see that parking lot in the foreground bite the dust. That's a massive lot.
Hopefully something that blocks the view of this one.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
Unfortunately the zoning in that spot is a lot more smaller scale than the nearby Hudson Yards. The lot may be large but the allowable FAR is smaller so it will probably result in a squat 10-15 story building just like the others next to it.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2018, 5:30 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Unless there is a special permit involved, meaning anything larger would need to go through the approvals process.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 4:47 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Apr 27, 2018, 2:03 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: Tectonic

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 12:40 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 2:17 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

In the foreground, right in front of 1 Manhattan West.

The entrance coming out of the Lincoln Tunnel has turned into quite a dramatic cityscape, with towers greeting the loads of traffic.

Credit: Patrick Farrell

Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 2:26 PM
Show me the blueprints

How about a mod removes those disgusting Rosanne Barr photos on this thread. Every time I open this page I almost barf.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jun 30, 2018, 4:45 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 1:18 AM
New Yorker for life

This really should have been one of the Hudson Yards giants...

Michael Lee

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive