HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Mar 13, 2014, 5:22 PM

I did think of the whole economic generator for the east side approach. I was more curious about city owned property; possible sites.

You are right about the speculation. That is all it is at this time since option 1 was "we don't move". So there's not even a proposal (maybe in 12months).

I thought there was some property that Zachry was hot to develop at one time on the near east side?

That's just speculation

Old Posted Mar 13, 2014, 8:09 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornbread View Post
I did think of the whole economic generator for the east side approach. I was more curious about city owned property; possible sites.

You are right about the speculation. That is all it is at this time since option 1 was "we don't move". So there's not even a proposal (maybe in 12months).

I thought there was some property that Zachry was hot to develop at one time on the near east side?

That's just speculation
Staying put isn't option 1, it's one of the four options. Whatever order they're placed in in an article is irrelevant. I can firmly tell you their preference is to remain downtown in a new HQ building they would lease.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2014, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
Staying put isn't option 1, it's one of the four options. Whatever order they're placed in in an article is irrelevant. I can firmly tell you their preference is to remain downtown in a new HQ building they would lease.
Sure, as I stated earlier "It feels like they are looking for the last option".

By "Option 1" I meant the first he listed, not their first choice. It's obvious they want new digs.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2014, 2:11 PM

Quote:
This week CPS will put out a “request for information” from developers interested in doing a headquarters deal. That'll be followed in mid-September by a “request for qualifications” to ensure that the potential bidders are for real. Finally, the utility will put a “request for proposals” in November.

If all goes as planned, staffers will cut the list of contenders to three or four, and Beneby would recommend a finalist to the board of trustees early next year.

This is according to John Benedict, CPS' chief administrative officer.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 7:29 PM
Weapon of Mass Creation

CPS Energy secures Cassidy Turley to help identify new HQ site

W. Scott Bailey
Reporter/Project Coordinator- San Antonio Business Journal
Jul 1, 2014, 2:43pm CDT Updated: Jul 2, 2014, 9:16am CDT

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantoni...-identify.html

Last edited by sirkingwilliam; Jul 3, 2014 at 9:18 AM. Reason: mod error. nothing was changed.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2014, 11:03 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireoutofclay View Post
W. Scott Bailey
Reporter/Project Coordinator- San Antonio Business Journal
Jul 1, 2014, 2:43pm CDT Updated: Jul 2, 2014, 9:16am CDT

That's very encouraging for the prospect of a new building downtown.

On a related noted, the photo they show has the Tower Life Building in it. It's still one of my favorites of all time.

Having trouble making it link, but here it is.
media.bizj.us/view/img/1667571/6-cps-energy-building-12-20sahubsnfp122013*600xx1500-1000-0-250.jpg

Old Posted Jul 3, 2014, 9:19 AM

cps energy secures cassidy turley to help identify new hq site

Quote:
CPS Energy is taking another step toward identifying a site for its new headquarters.

The San Antonio utility company has contracted with Washington, D.C.-based commercial real estate services firm Cassidy Turley to evaluate its current real estate assets in and to develop and implement a long-term plan for its headquarters facility.

Cassidy Turley will help CPS craft a strategy for acquiring space for its new headquarters and for disposition of its current San Antonio property downtown.

CPS Energy is the nation’s largest municipally owned energy utility. It has more than $10 billion in assets and more than $2.4 billion in annual revenues. The utility currently serves more than 741,000 electric customers and some 331,000 natural gas customers in the region.

Cassidy Turley will release a request for information (RFI) as part of an effort to identify all potential real estate opportunities in the market which can accommodate a corporate headquarters.

This RFI will be released during the first week of july to an initial list of targeted properties within a defined area encompassing downtown San Antonio. The RFI will also be released to an initial list of targeted investor-developers.

Cassidy Turley is inviting property owners and investor-developers to submit proposals for a new CPS Energy headquarters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireoutofclay View Post
w. Scott bailey
reporter/project coordinator- san antonio business journal
jul 1, 2014, 2:43pm cdt updated: Jul 2, 2014, 9:16am cdt

Old Posted Aug 9, 2014, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Though it’s still in an exploratory phase, CPS Energy has received interest from 20 groups for its potential new downtown headquarters — groups either offering an existing building, offering land for a new building, or offering to construct a new building.

Earlier this year, CPS Energy formed a seven-member advisory committee to explore the possibility of the public utility moving from its current riverfront headquarters at 145 Navarro St. The objective is to find a new home, but also remain in the central business district.

Most of the submissions CPS Energy received in its initial request for interest are Texas-based firms offering either real estate for a new building or offering to construct one, according to Cassidy Turley, the Washington, D.C.-based firm handling the search.

“What we’re looking at right now is a cross spectrum of Texas-based firms,” said Frank McCafferty, an executive managing director at Cassidy Turley.

CPS Energy has declined to release the list of parties who responded to the city-owned utility’s informal request for information. The utility did say that the submissions will be shared with the advisory committee later this month. A more formal request for qualifications will be issued Oct. 8, and a request for proposals on Nov. 26, CPS Energy spokeswoman Lisa Lewis said.

“Really what (an RFI) is is you’re asking someone to respond back to you,” CPS Energy spokeswoman Lisa Lewis said. “What the opportunity is, what they own, who the team would be. Are there any encumbrances? It’s an information gathering stage. So you can determine if that is a viable option to move to the request for qualifications phase.”

The short list of firms and groups will be compiled before the request for proposals is issued, and at that time the utility will release names, Lewis said.

Lewis said the utility is going to follow the process through, but that doesn’t necessarily mean CPS Energy will abandon its current digs.

“Even with proposals, we will evaluate the cost-benefit against staying put,” Lewis said.

In a meeting in spring, CPS Energy CEO Doyle Beneby told the San Antonio Express-News Editorial Board that he was adamant about keeping the new headquarters in the center city.

“Typically in major cities, (utility) headquarters are typically in the urban core,” Beneby told the Express-News in March. “So, I don’t think we should be any different. But that’s our preference, obviously. But certainly, I think, suburbia is off thetable.

“If we can ultimately make the best economic decision, in terms of our modeling, and at the same time … help the urban core, I kind of feel we should do that if we can.”

IF CPS Energy moved, it would free up prime real estate along the River Walk for potential redevelopment. Its current headquarters — two buildings consisting of roughly 200,000 square feet — houses 800 employees. It’s been there since 1954.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2014, 3:24 PM

CPS new headquarters

Quote:
Anyone have any new info on this proposed project?

Old Posted Dec 20, 2014, 3:44 PM

What's the latest? Anyone?

Old Posted Dec 20, 2014, 4:23 PM
Paradise

Well I guess, according to one of those links up there, they will select finalists sometime in early next year. Other than that, have not heard any recent news.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2014, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice93 View Post
Well I guess, according to one of those links up there, they will select finalists sometime in early next year. Other than that, have not heard any recent news.
Thanks

Old Posted Dec 21, 2014, 6:05 AM
Paradise

Looking at this bid posted on their website:

Quote:
Architectural and Engineering Services for CPS Energy Corporate Headquarters.
Request for Qualifications No: 7000128730
Qualification Submittals are due Friday, November 7, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. CST, or they will not be considered and will be returned unopened. No exceptions.

A non-mandatory meeting will be held on Friday, October 24, 2014, at 9:00 a.m. CST at the Green Mountain Facility, located at 17281 N Green Mountain, San Antonio, Texas 78247.

If you’re interested in participating in this solicitation, e-mail or fax your interest to the buyer for this Request for Qualifications (listed below) no later than 11/6/14 before 3:00 p.m. CST.

If you would like to request a solicitation packet or obtain general information, contact the buyer for this Request for Qualifications or stop by CPS Energy Supply Chain, 134 Navarro Street, 9th floor. Our office hours are Monday through Friday (except recognized holidays), from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Deadline for questions is Monday, 10/27/14 no later than 5:00 p.m. CST. Questions will not be answered over the telephone.

Respondents may be requested to give an on-site presentation of their qualifications and provide further information of previous projects, if needed, to assist CPS Energy in the evaluation process of the Respondent’s Qualification Submittals which will be held on Monday, November 24, 2014 and Tuesday, November 25, 2014, in San Antonio, Texas 78223. CPS Energy anticipates selection and award of contract in January 2015.
http://www.cpsenergy.com/About_CPS_E...rvcs103114.asp

Looks like we'll find out in January to be more specific. (Assuming they held a Request for Proposals already.)

Old Posted Dec 21, 2014, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice93 View Post
Looking at this bid posted on their website:

http://www.cpsenergy.com/About_CPS_E...rvcs103114.asp

Looks like we'll find out in January to be more specific. (Assuming they held a Request for Proposals already.)
Let's hope so....I'm anxious to see if they are building a tower.And if they are, I hope it'll be taller than the one Frost is building.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2015, 3:56 PM

Any new updates on the CPS headquarters?

Old Posted Jan 17, 2015, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman2800 View Post
Any new updates on the CPS headquarters?
Final proposals will be selected this month.

P.s.

If there were any updates, they'd get posted.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2015, 3:29 PM

Quote:
Final proposals will be selected this month.

P.s.

If there were any updates, they'd get posted.
My bad......but thanks

Old Posted Mar 23, 2015, 5:47 PM

Any rumors on this?

Old Posted Mar 23, 2015, 8:57 PM

I heard a rumor that CPS was giving up entirely on terrestrial property and relocating their new headquarters in orbit, but I wouldn't give that very much credence.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2015, 8:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
I heard a rumor that CPS was giving up entirely on terrestrial property and relocating their new headquarters in orbit, but I wouldn't give that very much credence.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio