HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted May 5, 2009, 3:14 AM

San Antonio's new linear park system. Leon, Medina, Salado Creek Greenways

Once completed all greeways will connect forming a loop. Modeled after greeways in Portland, Denver and Raleigh, NC. Other pedestrian friendly areas and hike and bike trails in San Antonio, 12 mile historic Hike and Bike Mission Trail, 15 mile Riverwalk expansion. San Antonio is doing a good job improving it's parklands.

http://www.sanantonio.gov/creekways/...ways101907.pdf

http://www.sanantonio.gov/creekways/...OverallMap.pdf

http://www.sanantonio.gov/creekways/
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted May 5, 2009, 3:28 AM

Last edited by Saddle Man; Jul 25, 2009 at 10:58 PM.

Old Posted May 7, 2009, 2:59 PM

Too bad that Fort Sam breaks the Salado creek trail in two. There is no way around it.

I used the 410 to Eisenhauser segment a couple of weeks ago and it was nicer than I thought it would be. When they get a good amount of these finished, it will be an excellent set of paths for recreation.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2009, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLtoSA View Post
Too bad that Fort Sam breaks the Salado creek trail in two. There is no way around it.

I used the 410 to Eisenhauser segment a couple of weeks ago and it was nicer than I thought it would be. When they get a good amount of these finished, it will be an excellent set of paths for recreation.
Not just for recreation, but for transportation. Cyclists will love them when they are all completed because they are much safer alternatives to riding on the road. The Salado Creek from 410 to Aina is very important mainly because of all of the pedestrian accidents that take place in that part of town.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2009, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLtoSA View Post

Fort Sam has been there forever... and will remain so. I will say, Fort Sam does have some nice parks/trails itself though

Good project for SA though. Im not a "green" person. But more parks is always a nice thing

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio