HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Feb 9, 2023, 3:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame View Post
All the empty land at that intersection is either the Quarry Golf Club, the Olmos Golf Course or part of the Olmos Basin flood plain.
I meant to say the intersection close to the airport.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2023, 5:02 AM

Do you mean at 9318 Jones Maltsberger Rd? Jones Maltsberger crosses 281 more than once

Old Posted Feb 9, 2023, 7:12 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Sorry if wrong thread. Can someone tell me what’s going to be built on the site of 281 & jones maltsberger? currently a large mass of land.
No idea, but the parking lot at Blossom is where my dad taught me to drive stick shift.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Jo...!4d-98.4479202

Old Posted Feb 9, 2023, 10:33 PM
James

Apt complex. Nothing crazy

Old Posted Feb 10, 2023, 1:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post

Thank you

Old Posted Feb 10, 2023, 1:31 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:

Are you sure it's not a bunch of partial, mispainted tennis courts?

Old Posted Feb 20, 2023, 2:23 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

https://sanantonioreport.org/new-dev...onio-broadway/

Great article about River North (if we still call it that?). It is really turning into an interesting urban neighborhood distinct from downtown or the Pearl, imo. If you squint really hard, it's starting to remind me a bit of east Portland or some other hip downtown adjacent former light industrial zones I've known (squint harder maybe?). Some tidbits I hadn't seen reported elsewhere:

-Adelman is redeveloping the vacant red brick building at Jones/Broadway into a couple retail spaces
-Adelman is also working on a multifamily project at McCullough/Ave B (that'll be the half block behind KLRN)
-Ave B bike lane is finally opening this month, which only took about 18 months to build.
-The Soto finally wound up 90% leased, which I'm sure is a relief to them
-Hixon is continuing to buy up land.
-North Alamo is the new Strip, pass it on.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2023, 12:42 AM
James

Quote:
-North Alamo is the new Strip, pass it on.
That's precisely what I have been noticing these last few months. The area is becoming a hotbed for bars. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2023, 7:32 AM

Quote:
That's precisely what I have been noticing these last few months. The area is becoming a hotbed for bars. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
I wish all this happened when I was in my party phase

Glad to see it though, that brick building on Broadway is perfect for retail. A lot of other vacant spaces + industrial buildings on N Alamo/Broadway that seem good for redevelopment too.

I've always wondered why random law firms seem to set up shop in prime areas though lol. There's one (or used to be) right on Broadway behind the 1603 lot, a bunch on the main part of S. Alamo and then some on N. Alamo by where these bars are.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2023, 1:43 PM
JACKinBeantown

The power of ground level retail.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2023, 3:05 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Bentley's is a nightmare but I give all the other bars good marks. Honestly it's a better location for a bar street than the St Mary's Strip anyway since it's downtown and there's not many neighbors to bother. I love the OG strip of course but I definitely understand peoples' frustration, I would be miffed if there were huge crowds of drunken children puking in my front garden every weekend.

And there's still so much potential to be fulfilled on North Alamo too. It's a decent bar street as it is, but there's still tons of vacant storefronts and lots, whereas St Marys really doesn't have much more room to add new businesses.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2023, 3:15 PM

Looks like the renovation of the former CPS Building on Navarro is on the agenda for the 3/1 HRDC meeting. Here are a couple attachments from the COSA website.

https://gis.sanantonio.gov/OHPSystem...AA5930540CD%7D

https://gis.sanantonio.gov/OHPSystem...773B634434A%7D

Old Posted Feb 21, 2023, 8:15 PM

GrayStreet Partners buys The Pig Stand property on Lower Broadway CorridorBy James Mc

By James McCandless
Reporter, San Antonio Business Journal

Local real estate developer GrayStreet Partners has bought land on the Broadway corridor that houses The Pig Stand, the last of an erstwhile chain of drive-in restaurants that used to dot the country's developing highway system in the 1920's. The San Antonio location opened at 1508 Broadway in 1921.

The deal gives the firm a foothold on the section of the city that borders downtown and has attracted redevelopment efforts looking to capitalize on the success of Pearl and other nearby projects. While a purchase price was not disclosed, Bexar County appraisal records for 2022 show that both plots combined are worth about $3.7 million.

Mary Ann Hill, the longtime owner-operator of The Pig Stand, also confirmed to the Business Journal that the deal had closed. She added that she's in negotiations on a new lease and hopes to keep the location open.

The company that held onto the dwindling Pig Stand chain filed for bankruptcy in 2005, which briefly shuttered the Broadway location before it was revived by Hill, landlord Maria Hernandez and bankruptcy trustee Vincent Liuzza, Jr.

A representative of GrayStreet did not respond to requests for comment by publication time.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2023, 1:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguy View Post
By James McCandless
Reporter, San Antonio Business Journal

Local real estate developer GrayStreet Partners has bought land on the Broadway corridor that houses The Pig Stand, the last of an erstwhile chain of drive-in restaurants that used to dot the country's developing highway system in the 1920's. The San Antonio location opened at 1508 Broadway in 1921.

The deal gives the firm a foothold on the section of the city that borders downtown and has attracted redevelopment efforts looking to capitalize on the success of Pearl and other nearby projects. While a purchase price was not disclosed, Bexar County appraisal records for 2022 show that both plots combined are worth about $3.7 million.

Mary Ann Hill, the longtime owner-operator of The Pig Stand, also confirmed to the Business Journal that the deal had closed. She added that she's in negotiations on a new lease and hopes to keep the location open.

The company that held onto the dwindling Pig Stand chain filed for bankruptcy in 2005, which briefly shuttered the Broadway location before it was revived by Hill, landlord Maria Hernandez and bankruptcy trustee Vincent Liuzza, Jr.

A representative of GrayStreet did not respond to requests for comment by publication time.

GrayStreet huh... *pretends to be excited* lol

Old Posted Feb 23, 2023, 4:48 PM

https://sanantonioreport.org/san-ant...on-apartments/

Here's a new article regarding the Tower Life conversion with a couple renderings and some project details. There will be a restaurant / leasing office at street level and retail + more restaurant seating at the river level

Old Posted Feb 24, 2023, 6:05 PM

Bringing fresh life to what I think is the best high-rise on the skyline is fantastic news.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2023, 1:21 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
Bringing fresh life to what I think is the best high-rise on the skyline is fantastic news.
One of the best highrises anywhere. My clear favorite in San Antonio, and I'll put its design (if not its height) up against any of the best skyscrapers in New York, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, or anywhere else.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2023, 5:11 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
One of the best highrises anywhere. My clear favorite in San Antonio, and I'll put its design (if not its height) up against any of the best skyscrapers in New York, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, or anywhere else.
Agreed. It's been criminally underutilized for the past few decades so this is so exciting.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2023, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Agreed. It's been criminally underutilized for the past few decades so this is so exciting.
Now if we could tackle the surface lot across from it and the single-story law office on the opposite corner of it.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2023, 4:06 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

A top 5 worst parking lots for sure.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio