HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 1:55 AM

Render showing the future 12s building south of Spektra building on their website.

https://west5.ca/live/candela/

Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 7:29 PM

They have started landing the 5th floor precast concrete floor slabs on the south end of the Candela building. Should be done the 5th floor within days and they should start installing the 5th and 6th floor structural steel posts and beams next week.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2024, 12:32 PM
The Vomit Bag.

How bad is the rush hour traffic getting to/from West 5 along Oxford? I ask, because of the incredible population growth out there coupled with the fact that Oxford, which presumably is the main access road to London, is only two lanes (and also has to accommodate rapid growth in Komoka, etc.).
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Apr 5, 2024, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
How bad is the rush hour traffic getting to/from West 5 along Oxford? I ask, because of the incredible population growth out there coupled with the fact that Oxford, which presumably is the main access road to London, is only two lanes (and also has to accommodate rapid growth in Komoka, etc.).
It is not horrible coming into the city yet from Komoka, but definitively getting busier.
Turning left from Westdel onto Oxford at 5:30 is getting progressively worse, I live in Riverbend and generally am sitting waiting to get through the light straight with 20 cars lined up blocking the lane as they are all turning left. Same with the Commissioners/Oxford intersection coming west is nasty, I would hate to work up Oxford and have to drive through that daily.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2024, 3:22 PM

I've seen backups on the west bound Oxford at evening rush hour that have cars lined up all the way to the bridge. The City and County need to accelerate their plans to widened and install the roundabouts and serious planning needs to address twinning the Thames bridge at Old River Road or replacing it with an all new 4 lane bridge to deal with the traffic volumes today and for the next 100 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
It is not horrible coming into the city yet from Komoka, but definitively getting busier.
Turning left from Westdel onto Oxford at 5:30 is getting progressively worse, I live in Riverbend and generally am sitting waiting to get through the light straight with 20 cars lined up blocking the lane as they are all turning left. Same with the Commissioners/Oxford intersection coming west is nasty, I would hate to work up Oxford and have to drive through that daily.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2024, 2:01 AM

They have rd. abouts planned for almost every intersection in the riverbend area. The oxford and commissioner insection is the only one that needs it and the city rejected it, lol.
Useless!

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76samian View Post
They have rd. abouts planned for almost every intersection in the riverbend area. The oxford and commissioner insection is the only one that needs it and the city rejected it, lol.
Useless!
Super frustration no question, they could have also put in another pedestrian underpass if they wanted to avoid the roundabout traffic like they have on the east side.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:32 PM

Have now got the 5th floor concrete elevator stairwell shaft walls poured on the south end with just the north end to form and pour. They also received a big delivery of structural steel for the 5th and 6th floor posts and cross beams on the Candela building. Have already started steel wall framing on the ground floor for the partition walls. Should start to see the exterior insulation being installed soon on the Spektra 6s building as they have now got all the windows and balcony doors installed. Grading and prep for the concrete curbs and sidewalks in the driveway entrance to the Eve Park condos has started.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates