HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Mount Airy View Post
If the implication that some of the posters seem to have is that Boyd's is a canary in a coal mine, I couldn't disagree more. They are an odd duck in terms of retailers. I have lived in Philadelphia for nearly 30 years, and during that time have always either worked or lived in Center City, and I don't recall ever setting foot inside Boyd's. I can't think of a single friend who mentioned they shopped there either. Their parking lot is the biggest missed economic opportunity in Center City since DiBruno's Cheese shop finally opened an outpost on Chestnut Street. Lastly, with Center City's population of middle and upper class residents booming, retail will eventually follow. Having said that, of course, I wouldn't want an iconic retail establishment to close, even if I don't use it.
I have long wished for a very tall tower on that lot, perhaps a high-end hotel or mix of hotel and residences. If its tall enough then you can still get views of the park.

I do agree that CC is gaining affluent residences left and right, therefore the retail and other establishments will follow once we are out of the pandemic. A full Nordstrom or Bloomingdales type store would be a great addition since they are larger and cater to a larger crowd than Boyd's.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:12 PM

The wording is simple, but the prospect is exciting:

ZP-2020-009596
Jan 15, 2021
2527 N BROAD ST, Philadelphia, PA 19132-4014
2509 N BROAD STREET ASSOC

Change of use for an existing storage warehouse to a 94 unit apartment building.

Looks like the large, windowless warehouse directly to the south of the ex-Reading North Broad Station is about to be converted into 94 apartments!

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
I have long wished for a very tall tower on that lot, perhaps a high-end hotel or mix of hotel and residences. If its tall enough then you can still get views of the park.

I do agree that CC is gaining affluent residences left and right, therefore the retail and other establishments will follow once we are out of the pandemic. A full Nordstrom or Bloomingdales type store would be a great addition since they are larger and cater to a larger crowd than Boyd's.
Is there any word on a retail tenant for the upcoming mega project at 1911 Walnut? Something like that could definitely work there- especially, I'm afraid, with so much vacancy nearby (less competition).

Old Posted Today, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
The wording is simple, but the prospect is exciting:

ZP-2020-009596
Jan 15, 2021
2527 N BROAD ST, Philadelphia, PA 19132-4014
2509 N BROAD STREET ASSOC

Change of use for an existing storage warehouse to a 94 unit apartment building.

Looks like the large, windowless warehouse directly to the south of the ex-Reading North Broad Station is about to be converted into 94 apartments!
Awesome, I love that building! There are so many abandoned beauties on Broad St, and that's caught my eye for years.

Old Posted Today, 4:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
A Christmas (Eve) Miracle? Painted Bride Facade Could Be Preserved After All

Current site:

Aerial:

Rendering:

Read more here:
http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...rals-preserved
I was so annoyed that that building would be demolished for a new squat apartment building but it would be incredible if they could save that facade as part of the new building.

If I don't say otherwise, my images are from my blog
https://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot.com/?view=sidebar

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development