HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 6:30 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by StNorberter View Post
There are areas where short merge lanes are a problem. Pembina and the Perimeter isn't one of those areas.
I don't know how you reach your conclusion, but I would argue that not only is it a problem, it's one of the worst offenders as far as merge lanes on overpasses go. There's an argument to be made about other locations where there are mo merge lanes, but I find that they generally aren't as dangerous because they happen at places you might be inclined to stop anyways. Theres also an element of blindness from people hidden behind the hill. This occurs in a couple other places, but the geometry makes it especially dangerous as you're going around a tight corner and expected to be looking for traffic coming on the perimeter and negotiating the tight corner as you accelerate and beware of cars in front of you potentially slamming on the brakes. It's a terrible mix.

This is not only a problem, its exceptionally poor road design and creates a really dangerous situation.

The fact that drivers are able to do it safely most of the time does not negate the fact that the road alignment et al create a dangerous situation.
Federalist #10, James Madison

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan