HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 9:08 PM

Other companies need to take note on how to properly do signage like 110!

https://app.oxblue.com/open/clarkcon...erconstruction

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 5:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker View Post
They've installed some spot lighting at the base of the columns on the river side. One was turned on and it was pink/purplish but hard to tell because it was still light out. Hoping my eyes were no deceiving me.

Also on the street side, there seem to be purplish reflective highlights on some of the black strips behind the glass so I'm hoping maybe there is a cohesive theme going on. But maybe this is all wishful thinking and the pandemic is getting to me.

But the lights on the river are def there -colored lighting would be really nice surprise.
Checked back in tonight and the supports on the river side were fully lit. (sorry no pics ) But it was indigo that basically matched exactly the color on top of River Point so it seems they may be participating in the city's thematic lighting. Looked

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie77 View Post
Other companies need to take note on how to properly do signage like 110!

Sucks that they make you log in now

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 5:57 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweeprise View Post
Sucks that they make you log in now
Try this link instead, from the previous page:

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
Try this link instead, from the previous page:

Thanks!

Old Posted Aug 10, 2020, 1:58 AM

Old Posted Aug 10, 2020, 2:47 AM

GURL! Look at that lobby!

Old Posted Aug 10, 2020, 4:46 AM
Everywhere all at once

Gurl u took the words right outta my mouth

Old Posted Aug 11, 2020, 8:23 PM

Got out for a stroll...

20200805_121730 by bolts2109, on Flickr

20200805_121601 by bolts2109, on Flickr

20200805_121509 by bolts2109, on Flickr

20200805_121524 by bolts2109, on Flickr

Old Posted Aug 13, 2020, 11:52 PM

BOA sign is fully installed. Not too intimidating, someone want to snap a night shot when it gets lit. With the terrace directly underneath it I'm surprised they didn't choose the east/west side for the banner.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 3:43 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Construction Wraps Up On Goettsch Partners’ 110 N Wacker In The Loop

Quote:
Construction work is nearing completion on 110 N Wacker, a 56-story office tower reaching 817-feet tall at its namesake address of 110 N Wacker Drive in the Loop. Located on a riverside full-block lot along N Wacker Drive between W Washington Street and W Randolph Street, the project is designed by architect Goettsch Partners and developed by the Howard Hughes Corporation and Riverside Investment & Development.

Recent photos show the finished look of the façade, with a glass and aluminum curtain wall enveloping the stepped massing that encompasses the trapezoidal shape of the site. With no hoist or tower crane on site, it looks like things are nearing the finish line. Photos show that the only exterior work that remains appears to be the outdoor area along the waterfront. It is unclear how much interior work remains.

110 N Wacker will be mainly used as office space, and features amenities including a fitness center on 23rd and 24th floors, a third level conference center, and a few outdoor terraces. Permits filed also indicate a banking facility on the ground floor. The building will be a total of 1,770,000 square feet, with office floor plates listed as between 26,000 and 30,000 square feet each. Tenants will also have access to ground-level green space along the riverfront.

There are many options for public transportation nearby, with the closest being CTA bus stops at the corners of the site. The nearest CTA L station is Washington/Wells, serviced by the Brown, Pink, Orange, and Purple Lines, only a four-minute walk away.

110 N Wacker is available for leasing now although the final completion date has not yet been announced. Occupancy will most likely be subject to office build-outs for tenants. Permit filings show that tenant build-outs have begun with the largest being Bank of America on floors 4-20, and 26. Other build-outs have begun on floors 2, 23, 24, 28-30, 38, 43-44, and 50-52.
========================
ChicagoYIMBY/Jack Crawford

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 5:23 PM
BANNED

^Nice write-up, Chris. Congrats on expanding YIMBY to Chicago. Hope we continue to produce noteworthy projects for years to come.

Last edited by Skyguy_7; Aug 20, 2020 at 6:23 PM. Reason: typo

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 6:19 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
^Nice write-up, Chris. Congrats on expanding YIMBY to Chicago. Hope we continue to product noteworthy projects for years to come.
Jack Crawford has been writing a lot on projects. I believe he is the referral from SSP.

On a side note, we are expanding to Miami. So if you know or anybody else has any referrals to Miami, writers or folks with good info, feel free to let me know.

Miami/SO Florida is the next major region on the bucket list.

With that said, if any other Chicago members want to assist with Chicago YIMBY, just drop me a PM and I'll pass your info to the owner of YIMBY.

On a side note, lots of activity in Chitown.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2020, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWillChicago View Post
BOA sign is fully installed. Not too intimidating, someone want to snap a night shot when it gets lit. With the terrace directly underneath it I'm surprised they didn't choose the east/west side for the banner.
Wanted to keep the sawtoothed, west side clean, and east side doesn't get as many eyeballs. I think the hope is that it's visible from 90/94

Old Posted Aug 21, 2020, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexxed82 View Post
Wanted to keep the sawtoothed, west side clean, and east side doesn't get as many eyeballs. I think the hope is that it's visible from 90/94
The west side sawtooth would have looked cool but probably looked a little too vegas. What's the chances we can extend the riverwalk south past civic opera? Perfect for a light show like they did on merch mart.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2020, 12:58 AM

Aug 13

Chicago | Evolut110n by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Aug 20

Saw the lights on the columns along the river the other day - the were rotating colors ( hopefully test mode ).

Old Posted Aug 26, 2020, 7:37 PM
BANNED

Driving to downtown along the Kennedy today, I got to see the new BofA signage. They kind of blew it. My eyesight is pretty good but I couldn't distinguish the letters at all. I am sure they were restricted by a multitude of factors, though it's unfortunately going to be difficult to read even from the river.

Still, a heck of a building.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2020, 8:14 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
Driving to downtown along the Kennedy today, I got to see the new BofA signage. They kind of blew it. My eyesight is pretty good but I couldn't distinguish the letters at all. I am sure they were restricted by a multitude of factors, though it's unfortunately going to be difficult to read even from the river.

Still, a heck of a building.
Wait, you WANT to be able to see corporate signage?? Why?? I think it's fantastic that it's so relatively modest and not very visible in the first place. Building signage is not at all nor should ever be a measure of that building's quality. The last thing I would want more of in Chicago is garish signage on highrises making buildings look like Times Square. Gross.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2020, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
Wait, you WANT to be able to see corporate signage?? Why?? I think it's fantastic that it's so relatively modest and not very visible in the first place. Building signage is not at all nor should ever be a measure of that building's quality. The last thing I would want more of in Chicago is garish signage on highrises making buildings look like Times Square. Gross.
To say nothing of the garish lettering on 401 N Wabash ...

Old Posted Sep 7, 2020, 10:07 PM
The Moon Rulez! #1

This lobby is stunning. 1000% better than the shit show that was recently installed down the street at the CME Center. I haven't a clue as to what they were thinking on that project. The whole lobby looks like unfinished dry wall. Terrible.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive