HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Jul 31, 2014, 12:45 PM
don't *meddle*...

3 WTC is under construction! Core forms are up and Manitowoc 888 will arrive early next week to errect the 3 tower cranes.
So another supertall u/c!!
http://skyscrapercenter.com/new-york...de-center/273/
http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=7802

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 1:27 PM
don't *meddle*...

Nordstrom could be potentially taller: http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=07

Quote:
Building Height (ft.): 1,490
Building Stories: 92
Dwelling Units: 199

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 7:51 PM

looks like this ones may be resurrected as well.

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2014/0...es_kind_of.php

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 11:23 PM
don't *meddle*...

^ Lol, 15 Penn just won't die.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 11:30 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfredo267 View Post
looks like this ones may be resurrected as well.

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2014/0...es_kind_of.php
I just read an article on it too .

Should the older thread be resurrected?

=======================================

Famed Hotel Pennsylvania facing wrecking ball again

Quote:
The Hotel Pennsylvania may not be safe from the wrecking ball after all.
Vornado chief Steve Roth revealed Tuesday that financial firms have approached the real-estate powerhouse about resurrecting its plans to raze the famed hotel opposite Madison Square Garden and replace it with a 3 million square-foot tower, known as 15 Penn Plaza.

“We are getting very interesting intriguing incomings as to office tenants that might want that site,” Roth said during a conference call.

“We are putting our big toe in the marketplace to explore the opportunity to land a major anchor tenant for the site and the Penn Plaza district,” he added. “We are up to our eyeballs in it, but there is nothing specific we are able to go public with.”

Vornado shelved plans to build a tower to house new trading floors for Merrill Lynch after the brokerage firm backed away from the deal in 2007. Less than a year later, Bank of America bought Merrill Lynch as it teetered on the brink of collapse.

“We have a 3 million square foot financial services-oriented tower, which was designed for a huge financial services company that we had a deal with that went away during the Great Recession,” Roth recalled. “It is sitting on our shelves.”

The plans for the 68-story tower, which would rise almost as high as the nearby Empire State Building, also had been criticized by that building’s ownership for potentially ruining the skyline of New York.

Vornado finally shifted gears in March 2013, as The Post first reported, and announced plans for a massive renovation of the Hotel Pennsylvania, which would have the added benefit of improving the neighborhood where Vornado has extensive holdings.

But now, the Hudson Yards neighborhood to the west is gathering steam with a new park, major towers and big-name tenants, leading more companies to consider all the area sites and options.

While Roth said the roughly $300 million hotel renovation has been put “on hold,” the firm will go down one of two paths — either landing an anchor tenant for a new tower or a renovation of the hotel that would still generate more income and improve the neighborhood.

Roth, who acknowledged that the transformation of the neighborhood won’t be a short-term endeavor, said: “It’s three or four blocks in the city of New York on top of the busiest train station in North America.”
==========================================
http://nypost.com/2014/08/05/famed-h...ng-ball-again/

Old Posted Aug 9, 2014, 1:58 PM
don't *meddle*...

Supertalls completed: 4
Supertalls topped out: 2
Supertalls under construction: 3
Supertalls on hold: 1
Supertalls in preparation: 7

Jose Tutiven @imgur.com

From left to right: 1WTC, NYTT, One57, BofA, ESB, 432 PA, Chrysler.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2014, 11:38 PM
don't *meddle*...

50 Hudson Yards likely from 1,068' to 1,110'.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 2:37 AM
BANNED

I would like to see a bigger building there. IIRC, this parcel (and the "Hudson Spire" site) have the highest FAR available to use and gets lower from there. These are really the only spots for signature towers but we're pretty much getting banal buildings with similar heights. I've pretty much lost interest in this area.

Lame and lame proposals are the norm here. Thank you Related. With those tax breaks, you'd think better architecture would be a top priority here, but what was I thinking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
The max is supposed to be 33 for all of the four corners site. But the project site isn't necessarily the full lot site. Remember, a portion of the lot is being allocated for the Hudson Blvd & Park. Use the railyard development for an example. The FAR isn't as high, but they are able to utilize the FAR of the entire site.

The four corners lots received the 33 FAR, with a max residential FAR of 6 (6 times the lot size could be residential space). As far as I know, only 3 Hudson has contemplated residential space at the top.

These sites were originally going to have an unlimited FAR, until the City Council stepped in. The current Queens borough president led that charge.

Last edited by Perklol; Aug 14, 2014 at 3:29 AM.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 3:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveningsong View Post
I would like to see a bigger building there. IIRC, this parcel (and the "Hudson Spire" site) have most of the highest FAR available to use and gets lower from there. These are really the only spots for signature towers but we're pretty much getting banal buildings with similar heights. I've pretty much lost interest in this area.
There are no height limits in most of Hudson Yards, many sites with similar or greater FAR, and nothing preventing anyone from building anything taller.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 11:49 AM

For 2020 NYC could have at least 20 supertalls to roof ( even the Chrysler isn't a supertall to roof, never NY Times and Bofa....... ) !!!!

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 1:15 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchester united View Post
For 2020 NYC could have at least 20 supertalls to roof ( even the Chrysler isn't a supertall to roof, never NY Times and Bofa....... ) !!!!
Next six years will be amazing for skyline watchers.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 8:55 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
I would like to see a bigger building there. IIRC, this parcel (and the "Hudson Spire" site) have the highest FAR available to use and gets lower from there. These are really the only spots for signature towers but we're pretty much getting banal buildings with similar heights. I've pretty much lost interest in this area.

Lame and lame proposals are the norm here. Thank you Related. With those tax breaks, you'd think better architecture would be a top priority here, but what was I thinking...
I wouldn't worry too much. Even if the Hudson Yards is more a less a plateau right now (several 1,200 footers, 1,100 footers and 1,000 footers), it's only natural that a megatall will come next. Question is how long we have to wait. My pick: 2017/18.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2014, 12:25 PM

Four years can make one heck of a difference. Check out this skyline pano from June 2010, just for years ago, and count all the supertalls that are missing; then picture how much it would change in four years from now.

Video Link

Old Posted Aug 23, 2014, 4:09 AM

So Manhattan West, the Hudson Yards-area development including two supertalls, is about to get going with the first supertall.

Skadden Arps, the largest law firm in NYC, has signed a huge lease in one of the two office towers.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2014, 6:19 AM
BANNED

It's safe to assume that 22 Thames would be over 1000' +

Old Posted Aug 30, 2014, 4:42 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
I wouldn't worry too much. Even if the Hudson Yards is more a less a plateau right now (several 1,200 footers, 1,100 footers and 1,000 footers), it's only natural that a megatall will come next. Question is how long we have to wait. My pick: 2017/18.
I'm surprised China's Greenland hasn't taken the opportunity. I could see a mega-tall coming from foreign investors in the near future.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2014, 2:39 PM

Old Posted Sep 2, 2014, 2:43 PM

Quote:
It's safe to assume that 22 Thames would be over 1000' +
Try 1356 ft.

The WTC complex will likely be ringed by supertall residentials, with 22 Thames, 5 WTC, and a number of other potential sites.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 9:36 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

So far the city has seven, 400m towers u/c, proposed, or on hold. WTC2 on hold, and WTC1, 432 Park Ave, and 224 W. 57th u/c.

One Vanderbilt should be huge if it gets a height increase in the future and 78 Trinity Place looks like its on track for u/c soon enough. 400m is the new gold standard I guess. I think theres also that mystery supertall that Shvo's planning, which hopefully will be massive as the man clearly has a height ego. I forget the street that its on.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 9:47 PM
don't *meddle*...

Updated.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture