HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

WallStreet Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Omaha Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jan 31, 2008, 9:44 PM

OMAHA | Wall Street Tower | 373 FT / 114 M | 32 FLOORS

The Wall Street Tower is a 32 story mixed use high rise that will be built on the site of the former Union Pacific Headquarters bordering 14th Street, Capitol Ave, 15th Street, and Dodge Street. The project includes 35,000 square feet of retail space on the lower levels and 282 condominium units.

Wall Street Tower

Demolition Progress:
April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

January

Current Update:

Last edited by omahajayscu; Feb 1, 2008 at 1:26 AM.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2008, 11:39 PM

wow nice pix, and very hard work to do that... why they just dont use explosives? more expensive, or there is a building near the site?? i see 2 near, but i think its possible...

Old Posted Jan 31, 2008, 11:51 PM
Monomania w/ Skyscrapers

Thanx for the updates, i'm gonna enjoy seeing this one go up.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2008, 1:09 AM
Meh

I really like this tower. Good looking building.

I think it may be premature to say this is under construction just yet. Demolition on an existing building is by no means construction.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2008, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chex View Post
wow nice pix, and very hard work to do that... why they just dont use explosives? more expensive, or there is a building near the site?? i see 2 near, but i think its possible...
The existing building was covered in asbestos. It was my understanding, although I could easily be wrong, that if it is covered by asbestos it cannot be imploded. It also might have something to do with UP not wanting their new 350 foot all glass high rise, which is across the street, to get damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas
I think it may be premature to say this is under construction just yet. Demolition on an existing building is by no means construction.
I agree, but it will only be a matter of month before construction begins. An article in the Omaha World-Herald Monday that says demolition will be completed by the end of February, and that construction should soon after that.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2008, 6:02 AM

Sorry I haven't had much time for updates on this. Demolition continues to move at a snails pace, but the building continues to look smaller every day. It should be down by the end of April or early May.

The new offsite model is now open.

An interesting development with this tower is that the developers, Townsend Inc, is now looking into adding a full service hotel to the plans.

From the Omaha World Herald:
Quote:
As the model and sales office for the planned WallStreet Tower Omaha opens this week, the project's developers also are working to locate a limited-service, luxury hotel on several floors of the 32-story tower, a company executive said.

Because a hotel was not part of the developer's original plans, it would reduce the number of the planned 265 residential condominiums, said Jason Townsend, president and principal of Townsend Inc., the Overland Park, Kan., developer of the planned tower at 14th and Dodge Streets.

He said that the company had accepted reservations on "a number of floors" for a possible limited-service hotel but that he would not know how many condos the hotel would replace until contracts were finalized.

Each floor has 10 units, except for the penthouse floors, he said.
the full story:
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pag...u_sid=10269806

Photo Update from Friday 3/28:

Old Posted Apr 3, 2008, 9:10 PM

Thanks for the update.

Curious, do you work in the UP building?

Old Posted Apr 3, 2008, 9:19 PM
Endless Moments...

Wow kewl. I like the new tower for sure. Very nice...

Old Posted Apr 3, 2008, 9:25 PM
Pacific Wonderland

Wow, over a year now and the building is only halfway down.

travel, architecture & photos of the textured world at http://www.pixelmap.com

Old Posted Apr 3, 2008, 9:44 PM

Why not add more floors instead decreasing the amount of condos available in order to add a hotel?

They have not even come close to beginning construction surely they could add some extra floors.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2008, 3:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choleric View Post
Thanks for the update.

Curious, do you work in the UP building?
I wish. A fellow poster over on eOmaha Forums does. He is nice enough to give us update photos every few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandPark
Wow, over a year now and the building is only halfway down.
Tell me about it!!!! It is painful it is going so slow. As of today, 3 more floors are down on the addition to the building, and I would expect the same on the remainder by the end of the week. That would put us down to 4 floors. I just want to get some steel rising! Fortunately, they won't have too much clean up to do, because it is kind of a "clean as you go" type of deal. So hopefully we can see some steel rising within the next 3 or 4 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choleric
Why not add more floors instead decreasing the amount of condos available in order to add a hotel?

They have not even come close to beginning construction surely they could add some extra floors.
I agree, but we haven't heard a peep about the hotel since they announced they were looking into it a few months ago, so for all I know, it could be dead. Regardless, we are getting a new 373 ft high rise, which is more than I could ask for.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2008, 12:13 PM
Resident Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahajayscu View Post
So hopefully we can see some steel rising within the next 3 or 4 months.
Dont get your hopes up. With excavation and foundation work, I figure your looking at at least a year until steel is above the street.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2008, 4:48 AM

And then there were four...

Old Posted Apr 17, 2008, 7:14 AM

Love the building, but damn its taking them FOREVER to demo the old U.P. building. I understand asbestos but sheesh, they could've just emploded it with a HUGE danger radius. Still, Omaha has a very nice skyline, and continues to get better.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2008, 3:05 AM

It will be interesting to see how quickly things get rolling once ground is broken.

On top of that the possibilty of another building going up at the sawnson location in the next ten years is intriguing, Omaha is growing up.

PS. thanks for the heads up on eOmaha.com, neat site that I never heard of. It's nice to be able to get new on whats going on in omaha and hear people's opinion on it

Old Posted Apr 24, 2008, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choleric View Post
It will be interesting to see how quickly things get rolling once ground is broken.

On top of that the possibilty of another building going up at the sawnson location in the next ten years is intriguing, Omaha is growing up.

PS. thanks for the heads up on eOmaha.com, neat site that I never heard of. It's nice to be able to get new on whats going on in omaha and hear people's opinion on it
I think a new high rise on the old world herald block is more realistic than the swanson sight at this point. Hopefully we get one on both!

Old Posted Apr 24, 2008, 11:14 PM

UPDATE:

Old UP building almost all down.

Also take note of the building at the top of the picture that is being demolished as well. That's the old World Herald site (newspaper) which is being converted into a temporary green space. Last time a building was demolished in Omaha for a green space, this skyscraper came out of it. Hopefully an additional high rise is in the works for that site as well.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2008, 7:44 AM
ledru rollin

awesome demolition pics! the new tower renderings look great.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2008, 9:02 AM
Everywhere all at once

Maybe I'm a little late in asking this, but why is a building being demolished to make way for a new skyscraper in Omaha's very small (weak) skyline?

Old Posted Apr 26, 2008, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslander237 View Post
Maybe I'm a little late in asking this, but why is a building being demolished to make way for a new skyscraper in Omaha's very small (weak) skyline?
I'm a bit confused. They're tearing down a building so they can replace it with a new one.

Are you asking why Omaha is building a new skyscraper?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive