HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 26, 2008, 11:59 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

Update for September 26th, work keeps humming along at a good pace. The south section should be at ground level in another couple of weeks.

All pics are mine.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2008, 1:51 AM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

Update for October 2nd. Here are a couple of shots of the continued progress at the arriVa 42 site. You will notice that the columns for this last underground parking are much taller than the ones before it.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2008, 5:07 PM

Great

Great Pics, almost at grade! My dad went to that school in the late 50s, nice to see they kept it in tact.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2008, 2:50 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

October 14th Pic

Here is my picture yesterday evening. As you can see they have added a second smaller Potain on the north end of the site to continue working on the underground parking there.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2008, 12:28 AM

forgot about this one

Old Posted Oct 16, 2008, 1:56 PM

Well he let his updates slip for 13 days!!

.... j/k

Thanks for all the pics! This one is kind of cool to watch too!

Question: What's with all the big black pipes in the middle of the block between the school building(s)? Anyone know what they're for?

Old Posted Oct 16, 2008, 2:05 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
Well he let his updates slip for 13 days!!

.... j/k

Thanks for all the pics! This one is kind of cool to watch too!

Question: What's with all the big black pipes in the middle of the block between the school building(s)? Anyone know what they're for?
Sorry about the lapse in timing! I meant to do something like a picture every 7 days but then I usually forget and just take a picture when something more "major" pops up on the site (like the 2nd crane).

Unfortunately as it starts to get darker earlier here I won't be home before sunset, so my update pics will probably have to occur on Saturday/Sunday.

I too have been wondering about those big black pipes between the schools. They put a few in and buried them, but they didn't appear to be hooked up to anything yet, you can see the vertical sections of them sticking up in the left (south) side of that area.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2008, 1:27 AM

Hey, no worries! I appreciate the ones that we get. Not very often we get these type of shots of a project like this one. You're lucky to have such a great vantage point, and we're lucky to have you on here posting the pics!

Old Posted Oct 20, 2008, 2:19 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

Weekly Update Picture

Ok so since the daylight is fading fast by the time I get home I have decided to take at least 1 picture a week showing the progress. The picture will usually be on Saturday or Sunday. So here is the shot as of yesterday, October 19th:

Looking east at the cranes on site and the first tower behind them, where I take the shots from:

Old Posted Oct 25, 2008, 4:27 PM
Editor

Thanks for the regular updates Bigtime!

Old Posted Oct 26, 2008, 5:10 PM

How do you feel about your view being ruined once the next 2 towers are built? I guess you bought into tower 1 knowing that...

Old Posted Oct 26, 2008, 6:14 PM
Majestic

I will go out on a limb here and suppose that Bigtime would say that his view is being enhanced and not diminished.

The best view is still the northwest one, and he gets to keep that even with the third tower.

Flickr

Old Posted Oct 26, 2008, 6:43 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdurden5573 View Post
How do you feel about your view being ruined once the next 2 towers are built? I guess you bought into tower 1 knowing that...
Great question, and Boris has already answered the big reason for me. Even when all 3 towers are up we still get an amazing view towards the northwest and all of downtown Calgary, plus we have unobstructed view south and get all that great sunlight especially in the winter here in Calgary with the low winter sun.

Had this project gone ahead with all 4 towers as originally planned I probably wouldn't have bought in this first tower since all views would have been blocked, especially to the south. My wife loves that south exposure.

Weekly Sunday update picture is coming right now, I'll add some pics of the viewpoints from our unit for reference as well.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2008, 6:56 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

Weekly Update Picture

Ok, here is the update picture and some point of reference shots from where I take the pictures from.

As of October 26/08:

The view to the northwest, you can see the elevator shaft for tower 3 at the bottom of the picture:

Full downtown view:

The view southwest, I cut it off about where arriVa 42 would start to block me to the right:

Old Posted Oct 27, 2008, 1:34 AM

Thanks again, these are great!

I notice those mysterious black pipes keep moving too... They were in a row, then there were short pieces laying sideways, now they are back in a row again with some sort of wooden box(es) on the ends... I really wonder what they are.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2008, 2:20 AM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
Thanks again, these are great!

I notice those mysterious black pipes keep moving too... They were in a row, then there were short pieces laying sideways, now they are back in a row again with some sort of wooden box(es) on the ends... I really wonder what they are.
I should go down and just ask one of the workers, it is the biggest mystery on the site!

Old Posted Oct 29, 2008, 1:35 AM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

Here is a nice "bonus" picture of them working away tonight, October 28th:

Old Posted Oct 29, 2008, 6:44 AM

Very Cool, I didnt realize your view stretched so far around. Thx!

Old Posted Oct 30, 2008, 8:05 PM
Editor

Thanks for the regular updates Bigtime!

Old Posted Nov 2, 2008, 11:53 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

November 2nd update:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive