HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 18, 2007, 2:43 AM
ॐ शान्तिः

Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Yeah, it really does.

Here's an example of new construction:

I hope they capitalize on this unique and incredibly scenic topography as much as possible.

--=- | Check out The Indian Skyscraper Blog - Chronicling the vertical risE of India... | -=--

Old Posted Sep 18, 2007, 3:16 AM
FriskyDingo

I feel like ive seen this triangular/ point shaped tower proposed in a million other cities. although i like it, just feels old. ohh well i HOPE this goes through an evolution like the Chicago spire did. hope it actually gets built. How tall in meters??

Old Posted Sep 23, 2007, 11:06 PM
ॐ शान्तिः

The Signature Tower is designed by Atkins Architects (UK). The tower design itself is not finalized, and isn't going to start until construction on most of the other buildings is underway, so it very well may be redesigned/finalized again.

The height of the tower is intentionally left open. Lanco Developers want it to have the 'tallest residential tower in the world' title, but according to recent reports, the tower has initial aproval of 112 stories in height.

With the pointy design, and given the Indian standard of 3.5m/floor, this tower can well be over 400m high

--=- | Check out The Indian Skyscraper Blog - Chronicling the vertical risE of India... | -=--

Old Posted Sep 23, 2007, 11:20 PM
BANNED

Its not going to have the "tallest residental building in the world" title if it only has 112 stories. Either that or its going to have to have a 200 meter spire on a 400m building...

Old Posted Sep 24, 2007, 1:07 AM
ॐ शान्तिः

No doubt, but I'm going on what they've been saying. Maybe they'll refine it to "Asia's tallest residential"

I doubt it would be as tall as the Chicago Spire though

Old Posted Mar 2, 2008, 12:05 AM
ॐ शान्तिः

According to this article, its confirmed! The Signature Tower will rise 112 floors high!

New construction trends to the fore
Quote:
Saturday, Mar 01, 2008
Best of practices, machinery involved in Lanco Hills project, says T. Lalith Singh

Heavy machinery crush boulders to minute particles. Huge cranes dot the entire space. There is an incessant buzz as huge craters are dug to lay foundations. And they will be foundations for what promises to boast of structures rising high to tower the cityscape.

A model of the Lanco Hills project coming up at Manikonda. Huge cranes and state-of-the art machinery deployed at the construction site.

The sprawling 180-acre site of Lanco Hills these days is witness to construction activity that perhaps is first of its kind in the city. And when construction is taken up on such massive scale, complementary technology and appropriate skill is what matters and the developers appear to be in the process of meeting the need.

Project details

The project covering residential, commercial and IT space is coming up as a series of towers in the range of 26 to 34 floors and the most visible part of it would be Signature Tower which will rise high to accommodate 112 floors.

The other features include five and four star hotels, a spacious mall projected as second biggest in the country and 16 screen multiplex. Duplex accommodation with 68 units too is part of the development being taken up here.

Each tower will boast of a dedicated helipad too! And for internal access between zones, four subways are to cut through.

Personnel involved in the construction work inform that best of the practices and machinery was scouted globally to be incorporated for the project. Almost 95 per cent of the excavation work has been completed, they inform.

Huge cranes and state-of-the art machinery deployed at the construction site

Speed is the criteria

Flat slab system, shear wall scheme, design suitable for zone-3 with additional reinforcements though seismic categorisation of Deccan as zone-2, use of 60 grade high strength concrete, procedures that enable removal of shuttering within eight to 12 hours and a site laboratory to test the material are some of the features that are part of the construction work. Machinery to pump concrete directly to the floor needed and tower cranes for vertical transmission of material are some more measures to enhance the work speed.
Uninterrupted supply

“To facilitate movement of workers, each of the towers in construction will be equipped with two hoist ways to save time and increase productivity,” explains G. Uthaya Suriyan, General Manager – Projects. Safety nets around the towers are also to come up to provide safety for the personnel involved in the work.

Fully automated plants are in place to offer uninterrupted supply of material and an example is the plant which churns out 15,000 solid blocks per shift. An IT SEZ Incubation is progressing at a brisk pace and the same is expected to be ready for occupancy in two month’s time.

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 12:45 AM
Rohan Mathur

Any Updates?

Wow looks good. Any new updates?

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 11:12 AM
ॐ शान्तिः

Yup! From International Construction Intelligence magazine July, 2007:

Old Posted Jun 26, 2008, 7:02 PM

The signature tower reminds me of that spire in moscow,Russia

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive