HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 8:47 AM

SA- downtown on sunday afternoon 3-9-08

i move to SF on the 26th so this might be my last thread regarding SA... it has been a pleasure to meet all of y'all and see how much san antonio has changed not only in my eyes but in the eyes of my fellow san antonians.

i wanna thank all of you guys for keeping all the info up to date on all the data that flows throughout the city. A BIG THANKS TO SIRKINGWILLIAM and KEVIN... i have given SKW some shit here lately, but i think it is just my own way of saying i wish i could see what you are going to be able to see with the growth of 281 north/ between 1604&stone oak, i10/1604, and downtown of course... living out in bulverde & stone oak most of my life i have wanted to see the things grow like how they have been... and you will... SO INSTEAD OF JUST TALKIN ABOUT IT SKW, YOU BETTER GET SOME PICS TAKEN, so i can see them when i am in san francisco!!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS, You are really a part of my daily lives moreso than the gym or some of my best friends. thanks and i will miss y'all!!!

matthew lawrence williams
832 338 5330
matttwentyeight@yahoo.com

enjoy my last hurrah... it ain't too much, but a little

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 12:15 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Thanks for the kind words Matt. We'll miss you.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you moving to SF?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 12:16 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

It looks like the Vidorra town homes are under construction.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 5:32 PM

Great pictures! In fact, I'm thinking about taking some of your Vidorra ones into Photoshop and topping it out, along with putting the second one in

This is just crazy
Quote:
This doesn't even look like the same city anymore with the Grand Hyatt and that new hotel to the left of 37 (which I like the design of btw)
Quote:

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 6:10 PM
James

The color of GH really makes a difference, it takes away from its monstrosity.

Great pics Matt, we'll miss you.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 8:39 PM
Meh

Great pics, and thanks for taking them. We'll miss ya. By the way, they do have skyscrapers in San Francisco too you know, so if the urge should come about, do take some pictures of the ones they have too. Don't be a stranger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
The color of GH really makes a difference, it takes away from its monstrosity.
I'm liking the pink color of the facade and the red and orange squares, as well as the glass of course.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 12:07 AM

Here's a rough photoshop

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 12:09 AM
$$Money on my Mind$$

Great pics and good luck in SF......remember to show your "TXLove"

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 1:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
Thanks for the kind words Matt. We'll miss you.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you moving to SF?
i don't mind you asking at all.

being raised in SA (bulverde & new braunfels as well) for most of my life and living in other parts of texas (houston & austin), i really appreciate the friendliness that is shown. when i lived in NYC i could see the stark contrast of how texans are much more welcoming than i had known before.

when i first went to visit california last year i was surprised as to how laid back and friendly the people were there as well. i know that LA has a rep for being pretentious (which DALLAS tries so hard to be like it's annoying as hell), but after my first visit in july to san diego, i went back to california 4 more times before the years end. 5 times in one year, well, that's quite a bunch for someone who previously had never been.

i loved san diego quite a bit... it is beautiful, and LA, well it is crazy being up in the hills and having a view of mountains and an amazing skyline that looking out you almost feel you could touch it.

san fran... that is just a totally different place. it has so much beauty; from the crystal ocean, to the rugged land dotted with developments that are a characteristic that only that city is known for, to the sky that sparkles above it all. those things make it a precious place, but the ultimate thing to me is the fact that in san francisco**** UNLIKE TEXAS****you are considered equal, whether you are homeless, gay, straight, rich, poor, black, white, chinese, skinny, tall, fat or whatever/whoever/however you might be.

i am gay, and i am not trying to make this into a gay right or civil rights speech. i will say this though, when someone has lived in a place where they were told they were wrong for being mexican, or white, or black, or blonde, or brunette, or pale, or short, or tall, and then that person went and visited another place where they not only thought you weren't wrong for being any of those things, but embraced you and made you feel like you were more than those things; such as nice, caring, loving, insightful, special, and most of all EQUAL!!! now with that said, i know i couldn't let myself be subjected to the treatment of not being myself, when i know i can be myself and people can receive the love in my heart that is hindered here in what i will always call home (just now my second one) san antonio.

sorry for such a soapbox post... but i know that i am not the only one in this forum who feels like the government (rick the bastard perry in particular) in texas has made it quite clear that not everyone in this state really counts.

I'M DONE.... but i will be posting a few more pics in a few minutes that were finished last night.

thanks,

matt

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 1:56 AM

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 3:24 AM
Meh

I totally understand. I had sort of suspected that was at least one of the reasons why you are moving. Anyway, I meant what I said, do drop by on the forum. Will you have computer/internet access at your new place?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 2:22 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by matttwentyeight View Post
i don't mind you asking at all.

being raised in SA (bulverde & new braunfels as well) for most of my life and living in other parts of texas (houston & austin), i really appreciate the friendliness that is shown. when i lived in NYC i could see the stark contrast of how texans are much more welcoming than i had known before.

when i first went to visit california last year i was surprised as to how laid back and friendly the people were there as well. i know that LA has a rep for being pretentious (which DALLAS tries so hard to be like it's annoying as hell), but after my first visit in july to san diego, i went back to california 4 more times before the years end. 5 times in one year, well, that's quite a bunch for someone who previously had never been.

i loved san diego quite a bit... it is beautiful, and LA, well it is crazy being up in the hills and having a view of mountains and an amazing skyline that looking out you almost feel you could touch it.

san fran... that is just a totally different place. it has so much beauty; from the crystal ocean, to the rugged land dotted with developments that are a characteristic that only that city is known for, to the sky that sparkles above it all. those things make it a precious place, but the ultimate thing to me is the fact that in san francisco**** UNLIKE TEXAS****you are considered equal, whether you are homeless, gay, straight, rich, poor, black, white, chinese, skinny, tall, fat or whatever/whoever/however you might be.

i am gay, and i am not trying to make this into a gay right or civil rights speech. i will say this though, when someone has lived in a place where they were told they were wrong for being mexican, or white, or black, or blonde, or brunette, or pale, or short, or tall, and then that person went and visited another place where they not only thought you weren't wrong for being any of those things, but embraced you and made you feel like you were more than those things; such as nice, caring, loving, insightful, special, and most of all EQUAL!!! now with that said, i know i couldn't let myself be subjected to the treatment of not being myself, when i know i can be myself and people can receive the love in my heart that is hindered here in what i will always call home (just now my second one) san antonio.

sorry for such a soapbox post... but i know that i am not the only one in this forum who feels like the government (rick the bastard perry in particular) in texas has made it quite clear that not everyone in this state really counts.

I'M DONE.... but i will be posting a few more pics in a few minutes that were finished last night.

thanks,

matt

You should also check out Seattle, Vancouver and even Portland.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2008, 4:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
I totally understand. I had sort of suspected that was at least one of the reasons why you are moving. Anyway, I meant what I said, do drop by on the forum. Will you have computer/internet access at your new place?
yessir, i am taking my mac with me and my roommates already have internet so i will be checking the site to see what's going on... just probably not as much as i do now.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2008, 4:25 PM

Will they EVER finish the top of the GH?

The rest of it looks nice, though

Old Posted Mar 18, 2008, 5:38 PM

YEAH Vistanna pics!!!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio