HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Dec 19, 2008, 2:56 AM
SR United Balla

We should definately attempt a forum meet during that time, anyone wanna set a date or something?

Old Posted Dec 19, 2008, 7:24 AM
James

I won't be able to do any of those dates :-(

Old Posted Dec 19, 2008, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nano View Post
We should definately attempt a forum meet during that time, anyone wanna set a date or something?
Well, I'll have family stuff to do, not sure when yet. I'm probably free on the 30th and 31st. Anyone else?

Flickr Blog Site

Old Posted Dec 19, 2008, 9:35 PM

Forum meeting

I'm off of work on 31st, if you all do the 30th, I can meet up for lunch.

Keep us informed, where you want to meet.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2009, 6:31 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Westpointe Village

New Braunfels

One of the main anchors will be HEB.

http://sanantonio.bizjournals.com/sa...05/story3.html

Quote:

Developer beginning to make inroads in New Braunfels area

San Antonio Business Journal - by Tricia Lynn Silva

Later this month, infrastructure work will begin on a new mixed-use community in the city of New Braunfels.

Known as WestPointe Village, the project will span a total of 205 acres of land along State Highway 46 and Loop 337. It is poised to bring a myriad of uses to this city just north of San Antonio — including multifamily, single-family, office and retail development.

Infrastructure work alone on WestPointe is estimated to cost $10.5 million, according to local developer Joey Guerra. Guerra is the managing partner in San Antonio investment/development firm Investor Grosenbacher — the developer for WestPointe.

Financing for WestPointe is being provided through IBC Bank.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2009, 3:04 AM

Sorry I couldn't connect with anyone while I was in S.A.-- my schedule was too unpredictable. I got a few pics of some projects, here and in the DT thread.

The Broadway:

Drury Inn and Suites (I-10 and 1604):

(It's in the far top left corner)

Notice the cranes on the right.

Flickr Blog Site

Old Posted Jan 5, 2009, 5:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boquillas View Post
(It's in the far top left corner)

Notice the cranes on the right.
I see the two Eilan cranes but is that The Rim crane to the far right or is it not in picture?

Old Posted Jan 5, 2009, 5:58 AM

Yup, the furthest right is The Rim.

Flickr Blog Site

Old Posted Jan 5, 2009, 6:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boquillas View Post

Great shot.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2009, 3:21 AM

Found this:

The area labeled "site" is set to become a multi-family complex while at the SW corner of Evans Rd and SOP across from the Walgreens/Chase Bank development, already open, there seems to be a new development. Not too sure what it'll be.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2009, 4:27 PM

Looks like Boquillas found my spot at the top of the hill at the botanical gardens.
I have been shooting this project from the botanical gardens, even became a member so I can access it as many times as I can. I'm also shooting this project from Broadway and Mulberry by the Kiddie Park, street level from Incarnate Word, from the Stadium Drive overpass over US 281, and from Hildabrand west, like one of Boquillas shots, but I shot it by the College part of Incarnate, not from the High School. After Boquillas shot, I wish I would have pushed by self back more on Hildabrand. I think I like Boquillas angle better.
If I had a Flickr, I would post some, just haven't had time.
Good shots Boquillas

Old Posted Jan 6, 2009, 10:26 PM

^Yup, that Botanical Gardens overlook is quite a good spot. And the hill at the top of Hildebrand across 281 really shows how the Alamo Hts. skyline is developing. There's a new huge parking garage at UIW also that I wanted to get access too, but couldn't figure out how...

Flickr Blog Site

Old Posted Jan 8, 2009, 4:52 AM

I looked at that garage the other day, it looks like the stairs are up at the front, I don't think there blocked for any reason. Probably a good skyline view from up there. I figured that the sky room building would block the Broadway view from the garage.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2009, 12:31 AM

The crane at The Rim will be coming down soon. The Residence Inn has topped out and the Courtyard has one more to go. The two parking garages for Village at The Rim are completed, but opening has been pushed back to Fall 2010.

When can we expect to see cranes at Towne Center at La Cantera, The Landmark, Cresta Bella, and La Joya? It will be kind of nice to drive down I-10 with all the cranes up.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Helotes ranked among top ‘boom towns’ of 2008

San Antonio Business Journal

Helotes has been ranked among the most notable high-growth areas in the country by The Gadberry Group, a Little Rock, Ark.-based consulting firm specializing in location-based services and data products.

The Gadberry Group has released its list of the eight most prominent “boom towns” for 2008. Helotes, considered a suburb of San Antonio, came in third behind Queen Creek, Ariz., a suburb of Phoenix, and Enterprise, Nev., a suburb of Las Vegas.

Household growth in Helotes increased from 3,080 in 2000 to 13,919 households in 2008, or 352 percent, according to The Gadberry Group.

The median age for Helotes decreased from 39.2 in 2000 to 34 in 2008. Average household income declined from $86,699 to $83,358 while median income rose from $70,976 in 2000 to $83,294.

Gadberry employed a statistical ranking system in its evaluation of the 17,000 Census places, using its own data products. The selection criteria and ranking methodology included variables such as percent change, absolute change and the presence of emerging Census blocks (blocks with less than 10 households in Census 2000 and more than 100 households in 2008).

The analysis considered the total growth from 2000 to 2008 as well as the amount of the total growth that occurred from 2007 to 2008. Gadberry also weighted the analysis using key demographic variables such as ethnicity, household income, net worth, economic stability, length of residence and age.

Other communities ranking in the top eight included Wesley Chapel, Fla., a suburb of Tampa; Indian Trail, N.C., a suburb of Charlotte; Castle Rock, Colo., a suburb of Denver; Elk Grove, Calif., a suburb of Sacramento; and New Orleans.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2009, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
The crane at The Rim will be coming down soon. The Residence Inn has topped out and the Courtyard has one more to go. The two parking garages for Village at The Rim are completed, but opening has been pushed back to Fall 2010.

When can we expect to see cranes at Towne Center at La Cantera, The Landmark, Cresta Bella, and La Joya? It will be kind of nice to drive down I-10 with all the cranes up.
Well the "Village" at the Rim is about to take off, permits were just submitted for the residence above retail section of the development. Similar to the Quarry Village; it will be ground floor retail with 3 levels of multi-family housing or office with some being residences on all 4 floors.
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

Old Posted Jan 19, 2009, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaht82 View Post
Saw that last week permits were granted in valuation of over $18 mil for Multi-family housing and Garages.
Not sure if it is supposed to be Landmark but I knew that it was supposed to be La Joya at one point.

either way, the permits were granted for 16631 Vance Jackson which should put them at the SE quadrant of 1604/10.
While these apartments (16000 block) haven't turned dirt yet, I passed the area earlier today and saw that there is quite a bit of activity back there;
Presidio at Landmark is expanding from the 2 buildings that were just completed, and Koontz-McCombs has its project underway, right next to its other site, the San Miguel.
I wonder how much MFH they're going to throw up back there to pad the stats for Landmark?
cake and keep it, too.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2009, 6:32 AM

the traffic in that area is already atrocious.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2009, 5:11 AM

Caterpillar begins development of Seguin factory

From bizjournals.com
Quote:
Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 4:36pm CST
Caterpillar begins development of Seguin factory

San Antonio Business Journal

Caterpillar Inc. broke ground Wednesday on the company’s new manufacturing facility just east of San Antonio.

Gov. Rick Perry, who was on hand for the ceremony, used the occasion to urge state lawmakers to pump money into the Texas Enterprise Fund during the 2009 legislative session.

Last month, Peoria, Ill.-based Caterpillar (NYSE: CAT) selected Seguin as the site for its new engine assembly, test and paint facilities. The construction-equipment manufacturer is consolidating operations from plants in Illinois and South Carolina to Seguin and in the process is creating more than 1,400 jobs. Interested applicants can visit the company’s Web site (www.jointeamcat.com) to apply.

“Caterpillar looks forward to the new engine facility in Seguin, which will allow us to improve process capability, flexibility and flow of our operations to optimize efficiency,” says Gary Stroup, vice president of large power systems division for Caterpillar. “This location brings us closer to our customers and supply base, and as a result, will reduce freight, logistics and inventory costs.”

State Sen. Jeff Wentworth says the new Caterpillar plant will provide a significant and beneficial jolt to the economies of not only Seguin and Guadalupe County, but also throughout the region.

The state contributed $10 million from the Texas Enterprise Fund as part of an incentive package to Caterpillar. That grant will leverage a $169.7 million capital investment in the new plant, which will encompass some million-square feet when completed. The project is the second largest in the state in terms of job creation and investment this biennium.

“In these uncertain economic times, companies across the country are looking to Texas as the place to grow their business thanks to a reasonable regulatory environment, educated workforce, and economic incentives that bolster Texas’ capital and competition in a global marketplace,” Perry says. “This investment is proof positive that programs like the Texas Enterprise Fund are worthwhile uses of Texas taxpayer dollars, and I urge the Legislature to continue funding this essential component of our state’s competitive economic package.”

Earlier this month, Comptroller Susan Combs indicated that state lawmakers will have 10.5 percent less money available to them to spend over the 2010-11 biennium. Lawmakers have $77.1 billion available to spend in the state budget. This is down from $86.2 billion for general purpose spending set in 2007 for the current 2008-2009 biennium.
I think 2010-2011 will be huge years for SA.
cake and keep it, too.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2009, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaht82 View Post
From bizjournals.com

I think 2010-2011 will be huge years for SA.
We're getting the jobs... just not the infrastructure (roads, mass transit, etc.) to support them.

The SA way: Don't plan ahead!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio