HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 17, 2009, 3:18 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

i know someone at wrote it and failed on some really bizarre questions

Old Posted Mar 17, 2009, 4:00 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
i honestly have no idea how to answer a question like that my self its just bizzar
That's because you haven't really been in the workforce that much yet.

Work in an office setting for 10 years and you will know exactly how to answer that question and why they ask it in the first place.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2009, 4:58 AM
Capitalist

Quote:
i honestly have no idea how to answer a question like that my self its just bizzar
Well ... or would be two possible answers.

While inter-office relations is frowned apon in most work places, I can assure you it does happen anyways.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2009, 3:09 PM

More than you could ever imagine.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2009, 2:15 PM
BANNED

Couple comments on transit from readers of the Winnipeg Sun:

Ok, here's something for Gerbasi - the reason nobody wants to take transit is because it's more of a taxi service than bus service. For someone who lives in Transcona and wants to get to the airport by bus, it takes 2 hours!! TWO! Why would anyone do that when they can hop in their car and make it in a MUCH shorter time frame? Also, next time you're in traffic, follow a bus and notice how many times it stops in a few blocks. I was behind one on Dakota street and saw it stop twice in a block. On St. Anne's road, every half block there's a stop. Is that necessary?!! NO! Remove some of the stops. People can walk a few blocks. That's why transit is so damn slow. It's a freakin joke and I would never trade my car for that crap service.

I recently moved back to Wpg from the lower mainland and experienced gridlock for 16 years.The greater vancouver area infastructure is also about 20 years behind,but they are trying very hard to eleviate the traffic problems that they are experiencing because "They have a plan"!! Talking about it isn't going help solve Winnipegs traffic problems.I've already seen poor land management on old rail lines that could have been used for Rapid transit!Instead I see townhomes and condos being built.As the old saying says,"Talk is Cheap"!

I too have wondered about the wisdom of converting old rail lines into anything that cannot easily be converted back!

Old Posted Mar 21, 2009, 9:41 PM
visionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post

Ok, here's something for Gerbasi - the reason nobody wants to take transit is because it's more of a taxi service than bus service. For someone who lives in Transcona and wants to get to the airport by bus, it takes 2 hours!! TWO! Why would anyone do that when they can hop in their car and make it in a MUCH shorter time frame? Also, next time you're in traffic, follow a bus and notice how many times it stops in a few blocks. I was behind one on Dakota street and saw it stop twice in a block. On St. Anne's road, every half block there's a stop. Is that necessary?!! NO! Remove some of the stops. People can walk a few blocks. That's why transit is so damn slow. It's a freakin joke and I would never trade my car for that crap service.

I recently moved back to Wpg from the lower mainland and experienced gridlock for 16 years.The greater vancouver area infastructure is also about 20 years behind,but they are trying very hard to eleviate the traffic problems that they are experiencing because "They have a plan"!! Talking about it isn't going help solve Winnipegs traffic problems.I've already seen poor land management on old rail lines that could have been used for Rapid transit!Instead I see townhomes and condos being built.As the old saying says,"Talk is Cheap"!

I too have wondered about the wisdom of converting old rail lines into anything that cannot easily be converted back!
very valid points. there are way too many stops that are half a block away from another. Even by Myrtle and Notre Dame and by HSC. and aswell by the mall off grant.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2009, 10:09 PM

It doesn't take 2 hours to get to the airport from Transcona...Unless this guy is going there at 3 am on a holiday...

Old Posted Mar 21, 2009, 10:16 PM
I am a typical

He's probably just retarded.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2009, 11:51 PM
visionary

people like to exaggerate to get attention.

it would be nice to have a rapid transit route leading to the airport without parking that huge parkade or worry about familly to bring or pick you up from airport.

Just geting to the airport is stressful enough to make sure you get there on time of departure.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2009, 4:40 AM
Back from the dead

Uh...it's taken me two hours to get from about St. Vital Center to near the Charleswood bridge. It's not because the buses are all that slow it's because the transfers are so bad. Anybody who's ever taken a bus on a Sunday can tell you to expect trip times to be at least one hour if they have to transfer and that's just the major routes. Sorry...that's experience talking.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2009, 4:41 AM
Back from the dead

Oooops...double post

Last edited by Spocket; Mar 24, 2009 at 7:54 PM.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2009, 5:20 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

yea i hate the sunday and holiday hrs crap we need to get rid of that and just make every day a day and alow people to take days off any day of the week

if people must go to church then let them take sunday off... its meh

Old Posted Mar 24, 2009, 9:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post

Remove some of the stops. People can walk a few blocks.
Because there are no older or disabled people in Winnipeg.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2009, 3:08 PM

Don't you have para -transit for disabled people?

It would likely be cheaper to provide the marginal user a couple taxi vouchers and improve the speed for everyone else. Heck, even leave a milk run on the route once an hour and make the other runs only stop every 500m or so.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2009, 10:55 PM
visionary

Quote:
yea i hate the sunday and holiday hrs crap we need to get rid of that and just make every day a day and alow people to take days off any day of the week

if people must go to church then let them take sunday off... its meh
the idea of having of everyone having a day off on sunday is so everyone can enjoy it together like famillies.

That sunday holiday should never have been taken away.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2009, 2:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperred88 View Post
the idea of having of everyone having a day off on sunday is so everyone can enjoy it together like famillies.

For real? I didn't think people thought like that anymore.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2009, 2:35 AM
Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
He's probably just retarded.
Maybe he just doesn't know where the bus stop is ... and it takes him that long to flag down a bus.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2009, 2:44 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_olsen View Post
Don't you have para -transit for disabled people?

It would likely be cheaper to provide the marginal user a couple taxi vouchers and improve the speed for everyone else. Heck, even leave a milk run on the route once an hour and make the other runs only stop every 500m or so.
yea handy transit

Old Posted Mar 25, 2009, 2:45 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperred88 View Post

i hate it i rather have sunday not be so messed up only reson why its the way it is, is because of religion

Old Posted Mar 25, 2009, 2:56 AM
Armchair urbanist

Quote:
i hate it i rather have sunday not be so messed up only reson why its the way it is, is because of religion
People and their beliefs Just had to say it. I'm with you somewhat though, I'd like to see more services on Sundays.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan