HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral

Old Posted Nov 17, 2018, 7:16 PM

Question Wichita Falls, TX The Plantation Apartments history assistance

I realize that this is not a skyscraper so please forgive me if my questions are not allowed or unappreciated here. I will delete if so. My reason for posting is - There are some interesting apartments in Downtown Wichita Falls, TX named " THE PLANTATION APARTMENTS" As far as I know they were completed in or around 1962. I would love to have help in my studying the history of the small 2 story apartment building. Examples I would like to know or have you help me to find, are the blue prints (for different size estimate and lay out for each apartment including the efficiency, 1 BDRM & 2 BDRM's). I'd absolutely love to hear from anyone whom was a part of the team that built the apartments, from the concrete guys who poured the foundation, to the brick layers, swimming pool builders etc.).
Thus far I've been unable to get much from the net or our local historian's.
Just imagine, if these walls could talk. The stories that could be told and remembered from the last 55 years.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2018, 7:27 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txmimi70 View Post
I realize that this is not a skyscraper so please forgive me if my questions are not allowed or unappreciated here. I will delete if so. My reason for posting is - There are some interesting apartments in Downtown Wichita Falls, TX named " THE PLANTATION APARTMENTS" As far as I know they were completed in or around 1962. I would love to have help in my studying the history of the small 2 story apartment building. Examples I would like to know or have you help me to find, are the blue prints (for different size estimate and lay out for each apartment including the efficiency, 1 BDRM & 2 BDRM's). I'd absolutely love to hear from anyone whom was a part of the team that built the apartments, from the concrete guys who poured the foundation, to the brick layers, swimming pool builders etc.).
Thus far I've been unable to get much from the net or our local historian's.
Just imagine, if these walls could talk. The stories that could be told and remembered from the last 55 years.
I doubt you’ll get any of the information you’re looking for. It is after all a very small Wichita Falls project from almost 60 years ago. None of those workers are likely still alive, so the only information you’re likely to get will come from whatever city department works on zoning in Wichita Falls.

To be honest, it sounds like you’re doing background research for a heist.
SATX: 1435k (+8%) + MSA suburbs: 1124k (+38%) + CSA exurbs: 18k (+11%)
ATX: 962k (+22%) + MSA suburbs: 1322k (+43%)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral