HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 11, 2016, 3:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusREIM View Post
If you watch any sports other than cfl football then you would know that officials are only human like the rest of us and that officiating often sucks in every league. The calls in the long term even out towards a mean. Some definitely affect game outcomes ( winnipeg has ended up on the short end of the stick for our fair share perhaps) but I don't think the cfl is particularly worse than the nfl for instance
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My opinion is the NFL officiating (guys avg $170k + /yr) is far better than cfl officiating ($10K to $15K /yr). Throw in challenge flags and rules whereby a receiver can initiate a penalty on the other team by running into a defender past the 5yd mark and "central command" second guessing the guys on the field inconsistently and its a hot mess. I'm not blaming the guys that are basically doing this for the love of the game and to get their mugs on TV - certainly not doing it to make a living. But you get what you pay for.
Biggest difference between the two leagues is materiality and letting them play ball. CFL still can't consistently call an infraction vs. no infraction never mind materiality.

Your comment above is possibly the worst thing about the CFL. Following a dumb ass penalty to team X. Refs will inevitably try to balance things and start dishing out stupid penalties to team Y to "even it out towards a mean".

Did you see the Cal/Edm game in overtime? Clearly a trapped ball on the conversion and it stood as a catch even after review.

- and no, I don't think the bombers won because of officials - stop being so sensitive. Riders lost because they are a real bad team.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan