HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 1:00 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

I think it's great that it wasn't built. The design grew into me overtime but I still don't like it enough to be built in a historic city.
The tower may not look stable but I'm sure the company worked hard to make it safe because I don't think they would want to get sued by the Mexican government. Besides this tower was supposed to be built on one of the sturdiest parts of the city which makes the danger less.

Sucks that it was canceled though, wish they had changed the design into something nicer and more energy efficient, like that tower proposed in Boston. That tower has got to be the tallest environmentally friendly thing I've ever seen....

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 4:15 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H Unzon View Post
Update:

For the moment The official current status is....

cancelled
Good now they can design a real skysraper. El Burj De Mexico.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 4:25 PM
BANNED

Leave it to Mexico!

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Somehow reminds me of those good ole Darkos (or whatever they were called -- level 1 arcologies) in SC2000

I was waiting for somebody to say that, it does resemble it a lot and thats not a good thing.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2007, 2:05 AM
Editor/Ilustrador/Mod

After a lot of problems with polythical opositors of the city's government on the Borroughs where the Bicentenario was proposed, the Rem Koolhass-Grupo Danhos project is cancelled. This week a new development appears , with the same name, same roof height, very different design, another developer, another construction site...
The "Torre Bicentenario" now proposed by Grupo Adelac, with the Architecture of Héctor Tagle Náder, takes the intention of construction for the new tallest for Mexico.
The new project still unapproved, but in process of (In our database as "Vision").

image by forumer carlosr_chill originally published by Reforma Daily

70 floors, 6 basement levels for parking services, pinnacle-antenna with 50 meters high, investment US 700 million, now on the Borroughs of Tlalpan (South of the city).

Old Posted Oct 9, 2007, 2:29 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

hmm... I don't think a tower this size should be in Tlalpan. Isn't this near the Ciudad Universitaria? It would be too put of place, it would look way better in like La Reforma of the Centro Historico but not here. Also the design reminds me of the Russia Tower, people will think he has no imagination.

Great for Mexico City though. Wish to go there again soon...

Old Posted Oct 9, 2007, 4:58 PM
(Middle-Island)

Looks like it's going to take off from its pad.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects