HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for in the 2016 Manitoba Provincial Election?
New Democratic Party of Manitoba (NDP) 12 15.58%
Progressive Conservative Party of Manitoba (PC) 36 46.75%
Manitoba Liberal Party 19 24.68%
Other / Not Voting 10 12.99%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 2:31 AM
I am a typical

If I were voting in Manitoba, I'd probably just eat my ballot.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 2:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisforpm View Post
So the final two polls came out tonight.

Insightrix
PC 49
NDP 22
LIB 19
GRN 9

Insights West
PC 53
NDP 28
LIB 10
GRN 7
These are cheap opt-in on-line panel pollsters and Insights West is from BC. Not even the media here in BC report opinion polls by Insights West.

And Mainstreet is also a cheap IVR pollster.

Based upon polling history, these guys can be quite off in terms of "actual" results.

What I am curious about is what happened to long-time, Winnipeg-based pollster Probe Research in this election? They are an expensive yet quite accurate (relatively-speaking) CATI pollster. First time that Probe Research has not released MB provincial public opinion polls, during an election campaign, in decades. Perhaps just too expensive, as a CATI pollster, these days. I dunno.

That said, yep, looks like a PC majority tomorrow night.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 3:44 AM

My Prediction:
PC 46
NDP 10
LIB 1

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 1:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray2004 View Post
These are cheap opt-in on-line panel pollsters and Insights West is from BC. Not even the media here in BC report opinion polls by Insights West.

And Mainstreet is also a cheap IVR pollster.

Based upon polling history, these guys can be quite off in terms of "actual" results.

What I am curious about is what happened to long-time, Winnipeg-based pollster Probe Research in this election? They are an expensive yet quite accurate (relatively-speaking) CATI pollster. First time that Probe Research has not released MB provincial public opinion polls, during an election campaign, in decades. Perhaps just too expensive, as a CATI pollster, these days. I dunno.

That said, yep, looks like a PC majority tomorrow night.
Probe did a poll at the end of March/beginning of April and then suddenly stopped. Not sure why. In any event, mainstreet was the only one to call Trudeau's majority correctly.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 1:33 PM
BANNED

It really comes down to lies, and taxing Manitobans to death with no real improvement in anything: NDP.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 3:24 PM

Lies? I wouldn't vote for Pallister if you're worried about lying. That goes for basically every politician there is. They all lie, all the time.

Hopefully everyone gets out and votes today. No complaining about how shitty the government is if you didn't vote!

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 3:33 PM

It will be fun watching the returns tonight.

Ill be most interested in seeing Wab lose and hopefully Cryin Dave in St Norbert loses too!

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 3:57 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Lies? I wouldn't vote for Pallister if you're worried about lying. That goes for basically every politician there is. They all lie, all the time.

Hopefully everyone gets out and votes today. No complaining about how shitty the government is if you didn't vote!
Ladies and gentlemen, Bomberjet does not mind another percentage point or two added to the PST. What am I saying, Selinger would never, ever do that. Give your head a shake. Selinger is a lying prick. It does not get any worse than him.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 4:04 PM

Like I said, all politicians are liars. I'm fine with the PST the way it is. By the way; I don't support Sellinger, Pallister or Rana.

You know Pallister arranged phony candidates for opposing parties back in the 90's right? So PC's had a better chance at winning. Rigging elections. Bigger lie than anything Sellinger's done.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 4:05 PM
the first stamp is free

I have a sneaking suspicion that Pallister will not be able to follow through on his promise to reduce the PST down to 7% once the economic realities of MB become clear.

And if he still does it, I don't think we will be all that happy with the cut-backs necessary to make it happen.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 4:07 PM

Pallister says he will cut back the PST within his first term. So in 4 years, maybe, is what's they've said. But he still wants to build infrastructure, etc, etc. So we'll see if he can find the money. I hope it happens, but like I said don't have a problem if the PST stayed right where it is.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion that Pallister will not be able to follow through on his promise to reduce the PST down to 7% once the economic realities of MB become clear.

And if he still does it, I don't think we will be all that happy with the cut-backs necessary to make it happen.
Harper cut the GST even though it didn't make sense because he badly needed momentum to break through the minority logjam. Pallister doesn't need to worry about that... he'll have a solid majority, and Manitoba politics being what it is, he can probably count on a second majority as long as he doesn't screw up catastrophically. So I could see him kicking the PST can down the road to the last possible moment before the next election... he could get traction in two elections with one PST cut!

That said, cutting the PST right now is misguided.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 5:06 PM

Maybe Pallister will play off Sellinger tactics. Keep using the same announcements over and over to look like he's doing good!

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 6:25 PM

Thread Poll closes at 8:00 pm CST ! Get your vote in now...

Actually I think esquire mentioned what the poll would have looked like if we re-set it a week ago or yesterday for that matter..Liberals would not be sitting at 18 at his point, NDP, 10, again much less. The no vote other party selection could have been much higher...Let's see what the PC's can do in the next 4 years..

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 6:25 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Like I said, all politicians are liars. I'm fine with the PST the way it is. By the way; I don't support Sellinger, Pallister or Rana.

You know Pallister arranged phony candidates for opposing parties back in the 90's right? So PC's had a better chance at winning. Rigging elections. Bigger lie than anything Sellinger's done.
Whoopee. Where's your proof anyway?

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 11:00 PM
Starring as himself

PC 48 NDP 7 Lib 1 Grn 1

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisforpm View Post
So the final two polls came out tonight.

Insightrix
PC 49
NDP 22
LIB 19
GRN 9

Insights West
PC 53
NDP 28
LIB 10
GRN 7

Expect a shift of epic proportions tomorrow. With our first past the post system and the PC's at, near or above 50% we should see something similar to what happened in SK. A lopsided win for the govt (in this case PC) and a small and ineffective opposition.
Terrifying prospect given that the PC's have done nothing in this campaign to earn that kind of result. The only thing going for them is that they aren't the other guys. Too bad we don't have enough parties to actually have a chance of electing a minority government.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 11:08 PM

Pallister is an idiot who will privatize things left and right and cut others imo. His refusal to deny anything regarding privatization is a clear sign of this.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny D Oh View Post
Terrifying prospect given that the PC's have done nothing in this campaign to earn that kind of result. The only thing going for them is that they aren't the other guys. Too bad we don't have enough parties to actually have a chance of electing a minority government.
It's basically like the NDP in Alberta (in that they simply weren't the other guys). Only I consider the Manitoba PCs much worse for Manitoba than the NDP are for Alberta.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 11:41 PM
Starring as himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
It's basically like the NDP in Alberta (in that they simply weren't the other guys). Only I consider the Manitoba PCs much worse for Manitoba than the NDP are for Alberta.
I believe it will be an advantage for the province to have a government that's focused on the growth of the province rather than on the growth of the government. There may be the possibility of starting to pick off businesses that aren't enjoying life in Alberta so much anymore, reversing the trend of the past 40 years -- at least a little bit.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan