HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 15, 2024, 2:21 PM
Show me the blueprints

Exhibit A for why onerous and time consuming environmental reviews need to be reformed. What exactly could be the increased environmental impact that isn't already there? They're not building a new station in the middle of a wetland filled with threatened species and funneling the diesel fuel and sewage right into the river. Multiple years of slow walking just to author a thousand page report stating the obvious of no significant impact is an injustice.
Pleased as punch it's moving forward but I'm sick of this shit.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Mar 15, 2024, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Exhibit A for why onerous and time consuming environmental reviews need to be reformed. What exactly could be the increased environmental impact that isn't already there? They're not building a new station in the middle of a wetland filled with threatened species and funneling the diesel fuel and sewage right into the river. Multiple years of slow walking just to author a thousand page report stating the obvious of no significant impact is an injustice.
Pleased as punch it's moving forward but I'm sick of this shit.
Exactly, especially considering there are no residents who live immediately next to Union Station and the fact that an expanded and modernized Union Station would improve transit accessibility and mobility for much of the mid-Atlantic and Northeast, significantly reduction emissions and pollution.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2024, 11:06 AM

Early Plans Unveiled For 130-Unit Development in Friendship Heights

March 15, 2024
Urban Turf

Image courtesy of Urban Turf.

"It is in the very early stages, but there is another residential project being pitched for Friendship Heights.

Donohoe presented plans on Thursday evening for a new multi-family residential project at 4201 Garrison Street NW which is currently a one-acre asphalt lot. The general plans call for a 4 to 6-story building with approximately 130 residential units and parking.

The proposed development would sit behind another development that Donohoe is working on. A six-story, 210-unit project at 5151 Wisconsin Avenue NW, the former WTTG-Fox 5 headquarters, has been approved by DC's Board of Zoning Adjustment (BZA) and the project has been submitted for permit..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl..._heights/22083

Old Posted Mar 16, 2024, 11:20 AM

I took this photo yesterday of the conversion of the former Peace Corps headquarters at 20th and L St, NW, to residential use. I think it has turn out pretty good.

This downtown office building is the latest in D.C. to go residential. Here's what's behind the switch.
https://www.bizjournals.com/washingt...ace-corps.html

Old Posted Mar 18, 2024, 1:33 PM

I took this photo yesterday of a residential development under construction on 7th Street, NW, across the street from the Shaw/Howard metro station. The development will have 204 residential units and 21,000 square feet of retail: https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...rd-metro/19129 .

Old Posted Today, 12:06 PM

This is great to see. It would have been a disaster if the Capitals and Wizards moved to Virginia and left the 20,000 seat Capital One Arena mostly vacant aside from Mystics and Georgetown games.

Caps, Wizards will stay in D.C. under deal announced by Bowser, Leonsis

Washington Post
March 27, 2024
By Jonathan O’Connell

“D.C. Mayor Muriel E. Bowser and Ted Leonsis, owner of the Wizards and Capitals, signed a deal Wednesday that — if approved by the D.C. Council — would keep the teams in downtown D.C. until 2050, abruptly ending the owner’s planned move to Virginia.

Under the terms of the deal, D.C. will spend $515 million over three years to help Leonsis modernize the arena, and Leonsis will sign a new lease keeping the teams in D.C. for 25 more years.

The agreement includes other provisions that address some of Leonsis’s concerns about the state of downtown, which has struggled to recover from the pandemic, and allow his company, Monumental Sports & Entertainment, to expand in the city...”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...is/?isMobile=1

Old Posted Today, 1:07 PM

Can the city now get serious about improving safety in Chinatown?

Old Posted Today, 1:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prahaboheme View Post
Can the city now get serious about improving safety in Chinatown?
I agree but I doubt Muriel Bowser will do anything about it. The homelessness and open air drug use in DC’s own little Portland is both sad and an embarrassment. I can’t blame people for worrying about their safety and not wanting to visit Chinatown/Gallery Place at night.

It really is unfortunate how much Chinatown, H Street, and Barrack’s Row have declined in the past couple of years after all the progress in the previous 10 - 15 years.

Old Posted Today, 4:11 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202_Cyclist View Post
I agree but I doubt Muriel Bowser will do anything about it. The homelessness and open air drug use in DC’s own little Portland is both sad and an embarrassment. I can’t blame people for worrying about their safety and not wanting to visit Chinatown/Gallery Place at night.

It really is unfortunate how much Chinatown, H Street, and Barrack’s Row have declined in the past couple of years after all the progress in the previous 10 - 15 years.
I absolutely agree. I use to be a frequent visitor of Chinatown but so much anymore.

-sb

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations