HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Oct 8, 2010, 2:34 PM

SAF Studios is a joke

http://www.safstudio.com/SAFS_FLASH/index-4.html

I actually thought this project could be a catalyst for new movies being filmed in SA. Their website provides a little more insight into the development.

Under "SAFS TV" check out the video they (poorly) produced titled "MAKE A DIFFERENCE". It looks like they want to keep it all VERY conservative... probably not going to land much business.

And for only $7.50 (+ $5.00 parking) you can visit the (unbuilt) studios! lol

Old Posted Oct 8, 2010, 3:30 PM

Yeah, every time I've seen the people behind SAF talking about their project, it seems to lack any real passion for film-making or an understanding of what a studio would need to help film-makers. In other words, I think they are just business people trying to gain from the state's film-friendly tax laws.

They also keep bringing up the story of Wings, which was the first Academy Award-winning picture, and it was shot in San Antonio. The story goes that the film industry was thinking of setting up either in San Antonio or Los Angeles, and they would like to give those "Hollywood guys a run for their money."

They even hosted a mayoral debate at Lee High School during elections to ask candidates how they would help lure film-professionals to San Antonio; and it was such a joke because neither the SAF people or the candidates really understood what that process would entail, and it became this really simple of game of: "How would you do this?" And the candidates would simply skip complete process of how and say "Well...I would do that."

Old Posted Oct 8, 2010, 10:04 PM
Paradise

I dislike how they don't ever give any information on anything! I guess they completed one studio, but what are they doing now?

Last edited by UrbanTrance; Oct 8, 2010 at 10:37 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio