HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 1:47 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
As promised, Mr. Esquire. The flags are sadly gone.

redneckqwebeckers.com
I can imagine the smell of his truck cab. Mouldy sneakers, stale Tim Horton's coffee and expired Burger King Whoppers. And dead farts. And a whiff of pine from some shitty deodorizer hanging from the rear-view mirror.

Oakley's? Beard? You betcha.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 2:03 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I must be weird. I like Canadian Tire. They could certainly stop stacking stuff up so much, but I've always found the stuff I'm looking for (sometimes with help from a salesperson), but their inventory management linked into the website is the best anywhere. It tells you the aisle and the quantity they have and it is accurate.
I've mentioned before that the foreign-born who married into my family think Canadian Tire is awesome because it has almost literally "everything".

They often run on skeleton staff though (even before the labour shortage) so it's very irritating trying to find someone to help you or answer a question.

But their "buyer's division" at head office is top-notch for finding and securing most any product under the sun you might need.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
I can imagine the smell of his truck cab. Mouldy sneakers, stale Tim Horton's coffee and expired Burger King Whoppers. And dead farts. And a whiff of pine from some shitty deodorizer hanging from the rear-view mirror.

With a side order of Nickelback.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 2:22 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof Sheet View Post
This is how you remind me of what I really am?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
This is how you remind me of what I really am?
Oh, I'm going to regret injecting the dreaded word Nickelback into the thread.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadude View Post
Luckily I don't know anyone like this. There's a slim possibility someone I know could have the same feeble mind as this truck owner but they just haven't revealed themselves in this overt kind of way. Imagine you hire this guy and he pulls into your driveway with that. Of you're a foreman on a site and this employee pulls up in that.
Imagine thinking the car someone drives, and their political opinions, will impact their ability to do a job pretty bigoted way of approaching life

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 4:02 PM

"Ugly Canada" includes the amount of judgement and stereotyping in this thread.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 4:23 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
yep. and in the glove compartment, a Nickelback fan club membership card. Look at this photograph!

I give exactly two fucks about the criticisms directed towards assholes that proudly display "F*ck Trudeau!" flags (or worse, confederate flags*). These jerks are just asking for it.

Like this racist asshole (London, Ontario):
Black drivers who saw this Confederate flag in London, Ont., have a message for homeowner

At least in the U.S., some racist can point to the flag's heritage as a misguided excuse for flying these hateful colors. They can shout themselves hoarse about remembering a historical moment, no matter how ashamed the rest of their country is of it. They can talk about tradition, not realizing that it sounds an awful lot like they wished they lived in a different, more hateful era.

But here we are, in southern Ontario, people simply don't have the same excuses to offer. There's no convenient context to fall back on. There's only one thing flying a Confederate flag can possibly mean in Canada: "I am racist."

This is truly UGLY Canada:

npr

Racists don't have a pride flag to signal their existence to others. The Swastika is too on the nose. And for Canadians, that leaves only one option - The flag of an American organization that sought to maintain the institution of slavery through force....

These are the vanguards against science and disease control.

Last edited by MolsonExport; Jun 21, 2022 at 4:36 PM.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 4:29 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Drove past this monstrosity in suburban Portugal Cove-St. Philips, somewhere between the airport and a garden center lol

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 4:34 PM
Fake News

That house didn’t look terrible at first, then I zoomed in. Is that stripe pattern on the roof intentional? Is there a yard or is it all one big asphalt parking lot?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 4:37 PM
Fake News

Quote:

Don’t forget a scented vape cloud pouring out the open cab window. Are there truck nuts on the hitch?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny24 View Post
"Ugly Canada" includes the amount of judgement and stereotyping in this thread.
no kidding.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 4:44 PM
The Vomit Bag.

I am not the sort of person that will give "fuck trudeau" flag flyers the benefit of the doubt. I am rather sad that others will.
they are the fucking problem. Not the people calling them out.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 4:47 PM

Quote:
I am not the sort of person that will give "fuck trudeau" flag flyers the benefit of the doubt. I am rather sad that others will.
they are the fucking problem. Not the people calling them out.
They're two sides of the same coin.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 4:53 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawrylyshyn View Post
bull fucking shit.

You think it is appropriate to fly such flags? from your vehicle, out in public? really?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 5:49 PM

Quote:
That's absolute horse shit. The Eff Trudeau crowd were essentially trying to overthrow our democratically elected government. It would be funny if it wasn't so serious. Just look at what is going on in the US currently with the Jan 6 hearings; pretty scary stuff. The kind of rhetoric they spread is not welcome in my country and I will support any efforts to stamp them out....and more desirably, efforts to de-radicalize these folks and get them to join civil society again.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Imagine thinking the car someone drives, and their political opinions, will impact their ability to do a job pretty bigoted way of approaching life
I think you just won dumb comment of the day. Nowhere did I say it would affect how he does the job. And it has nothing to do with the vehicle being a pickup. I’m talking about a vehicle that is adorned with not one but two dumb stickers.

I think it was in October I posted about F Trudeau flags on a convoy of pickups I happen to pass by in the car thread and Jonny24 made the dumbest reply I’ve ever had to one of my posts. Not the part about saving that for the politics thread, which I think has some merit, though I explained why I did it in the car thread, but the rest of what he wrote. I replied to his points to show where he was wrong and… crickets. No acknowledgement. I kind of replied in a passive aggressive manner to match his tone so maybe that had something to do with it.

I’ve mentioned multiple times on this forum how I’m related to lots of people with pickups and how I think they are cool and that I’d have one in my fleet if I were rich. So has nothing to do with pickups.

I did just see a Dodge Journey two days ago with a F Trudeau sticker and guy had two kids under 10 in the back. I feel sorry for the kids.

Coincidentally had two plumbers come over last week in a black pickup. Guess what? No vile stickers on the back. Either because they took them off before the job or maybe they were decent and professional people in the first place and don’t have any stickers like that.

I posted a couple weeks ago showing vehicles that said her name is dingleberry and I eat ass. Before that I posted one with a sticker saying send nudes at the top of the windshield. If any of those were people that drove those to houses to do jobs I know I wouldn’t want them at my house. I would want some level of professionalism before letting them in my house and forking over hundreds or thousands of dollars for the job. I don’t want an instant red flag that would suggest they are dumb enough to drive around with that, particularly to a workplace.

Last edited by megadude; Jun 21, 2022 at 6:57 PM.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuxTown View Post
That's absolute horse shit. The Eff Trudeau crowd were essentially trying to overthrow our democratically elected government. It would be funny if it wasn't so serious. Just look at what is going on in the US currently with the Jan 6 hearings; pretty scary stuff. The kind of rhetoric they spread is not welcome in my country and I will support any efforts to stamp them out....and more desirably, efforts to de-radicalize these folks and get them to join civil society again.
We look at the states and say thank got its not here, but it is here. In BC this weekend I was in Red Neck Valley.

But listening to a few people and I swear they believe the US constitution is Canadas as well.

And there are enough Evangelicals that are sounding more and more like the American version. Add to that the Current UCP and some CPC members. We are so close.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 6:03 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Oh, I'm going to regret injecting the dreaded word Nickelback into the thread.
You can rest assured that I will not turn Nickelback into my "Alan Partridge" on here!

Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadude View Post
I think you just won dumb comment of the day. Nowhere did I say it would affect how he does the job.
Sorry, guess I misunderstood -- can you clarify what you mean? If a contractor with that sticker comes to your house, or a job foreman sees their employee with one -- what are you suggesting they will think? I'm curious why you're very targeting these symbols in the workplace

EDIT: Just saw your expanded comment now -- okay, so you're admitting you're being bigoted towards people based on how they present themselves and their opinions. They could be the greatest plumber in the province, but you'll get all huffy and mad because you don't like a sticker and automatically judge them as "dumb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuxTown View Post
Again, as I've said before, comparing some stickers and flags to "overthrowing the government" and Jan. 6 is completely inappropriate -- the VAST majority of people at the Trucker convoy (especially early on) weren't even aware of the leaders' weird manifesto thing. There was also zero attempt to break into Parliament.

Wearing BLM clothing, flying their flag, etc. does NOT mean you support the looting/rioting and all the other BS that came from those protests. We don't automatically assume people who wear such things are "looters and thugs" do we?

Quote:
bull fucking shit.

You think it is appropriate to fly such flags? from your vehicle, out in public? really?

Nothing wrong with flying F*** Trudeau flags in public IMO. Weird to express political feelings that publicly but to each their own.

Confederate flag -- absolutely not appropriate

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada