HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 20, 2016, 4:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Btw, the apartments for "The Muse" project look interesting and unique. Surprised more people haven't commented on that.
There's a lot happening...it probably just slipped through the cracks! haha

Old Posted Jan 20, 2016, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I really like how Dallas is putting parks over it's interstates. Wish Atlanta would be more proactive in doing this on the Downtown connector.

Btw, the apartments for "The Muse" project look interesting and unique. Surprised more people haven't commented on that.
So far Klyde Warren Park has been the only one built but it has been really successful, raised property taxes, and yielded new projects that it has city leaders seeking to build on that success. Soon enough I'm sure a second one will be built. Here are the ones that have been proposed.

Klyde Warren Park Extension - They plan on doubling the size of this deck park. This will happen. Developers and donors are waiting and watching.

Dallas Zoo Deck Park
- The one mentioned above I think also has a good chance of happening.

Downtown I-30 Deck Park - This was proposed a while back. It would connect downtown's Farmers Market to the Cedars. To me this should be the next deck park but they haven't followed up on this so who knows if it will happen.

Downtown 75 Deck Park
- It has been proposed by residents in this area for them to sink 75 which is currently elevated and building a deck park over it to reconnect downtown to Deep Ellum. I really don't see it happening.

I have seen other people propose others including on 75 by Citiplace and another on I-30 in Oak Cliff but if my memory serves me right I believe those were just forumers. I'm sure more will be proposed. I can already imagine people wanting one to connect Preston Hollow on Dallas North Tollway.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2016, 6:17 PM

A deck park over the NCX/US 75 at Cityplace would be perfect, especially if they raze and rebuild the Cityplace Market with and urban Target and mid-rises to kind of cradle Cityplace Tower.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2016, 7:44 PM

$120 million expansion planned for Grapevine’s Gaylord Texan
Karen Robinson-Jacobs
January 20, 2016

Quote:
Nashville-based Ryman Hospitality Properties Inc., which operates as a lodging real estate investment trust, said the project at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center in Grapevine will add 300 guest rooms to the resort’s current 1,511 room count.

That would put it just below the 1,840 room count at The Sheraton Dallas Hotel downtown, the state’s largest hotel in terms of guest rooms.
Quote:
The current project will add 86,000 square feet of carpeted meeting space, bringing the total meeting space to about 490,000 square feet.
Quote:
Construction is expected to begin in the fourth quarter of this year and be completed during the second quarter of 2018. The $120 million figure includes a $5 million expansion of the property’s resort pool complex, which is expected to be complete for the 2016 summer season.
Full Article

Old Posted Jan 20, 2016, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
A deck park over the NCX/US 75 at Cityplace would be perfect, especially if they raze and rebuild the Cityplace Market with and urban Target and mid-rises to kind of cradle Cityplace Tower.
Too bad that Trammell Crow project is putting a wrench in the urban renaissance happening in that area.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 1:33 AM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
So far Klyde Warren Park has been the only one built but it has been really successful, raised property taxes, and yielded new projects that it has city leaders seeking to build on that success. Soon enough I'm sure a second one will be built. Here are the ones that have been proposed.

Klyde Warren Park Extension - They plan on doubling the size of this deck park. This will happen. Developers and donors are waiting and watching.

Dallas Zoo Deck Park
- The one mentioned above I think also has a good chance of happening.

Downtown I-30 Deck Park - This was proposed a while back. It would connect downtown's Farmers Market to the Cedars. To me this should be the next deck park but they haven't followed up on this so who knows if it will happen.

Downtown 75 Deck Park
- It has been proposed by residents in this area for them to sink 75 which is currently elevated and building a deck park over it to reconnect downtown to Deep Ellum. I really don't see it happening.

I have seen other people propose others including on 75 by Citiplace and another on I-30 in Oak Cliff but if my memory serves me right I believe those were just forumers. I'm sure more will be proposed. I can already imagine people wanting one to connect Preston Hollow on Dallas North Tollway.
The Downtown 75 Deck Park you speak of is I-345, yeah? Just making sure I'm thinking clearly. That would be such a massive undertaking, but I would still love to see it happen.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 3:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
The Downtown 75 Deck Park you speak of is I-345, yeah? Just making sure I'm thinking clearly. That would be such a massive undertaking, but I would still love to see it happen.
Screw a deck park there, I-345 needs to be buried completely and a greenbelt park like in downtown Boston with the Big Dig take its place.

It's fun to think about but TXDOT would rather choke than spend about $1bil to do that after the roughy $750mil or so Mixmaster redo.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 3:57 AM

The "Canyon" downtown needs to be upgraded to modern standards and a deck park placed on top. That is the most critical place to put one and will get the most use. The Farmer's Market District, Deep Ellum and The Cedars are all seeing a lot of positive things going on. This would be a great asset to the city.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
Yes.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2016, 10:34 PM

Stream Data Centers to develop new Legacy-area data center in Plano
Candace Carlisle
January 21, 2016

Quote:
Dallas-based data center provider Stream Data Centers has snapped up 16 acres of land to develop a new data center development within Legacy Business Park in Plano.

The developer plans to build a 210,000-square-foot data center that will have the ability to withstand sustained 185-mph winds. Stream is seeking LEED Silver certification for the project.
Quote:
Dallas-Fort Worth is the No. 2 data center market in the country based on the megawatt absorption in 2015, according to JLL's latest Data Center Perspective.

JLL's Bo Bond told me he expects to see a lot of data center development this year.
Quote:
Stream Data Centers plans to begin construction on the site in the second quarter of 2016, with occupancy slated for early 2017.
Full Article

Old Posted Jan 26, 2016, 1:01 AM

Construction begins on multimillion-dollar redo of former Belo Building
Candace Carlisle
January 25, 2016

Quote:
Hartland-Mackie is hosting a ceremonial groundbreaking Tuesday to mark the occasion.
Quote:
"We are seeing downtown Dallas become more walkable and we wanted to take the divider away from outside to inside," Hartland-Mackie told me.

The redevelopment includes adding glass walls to the lobby of the tower, a French-style restaurant being created by former Mansion on Turtle Creek chef Bruno Davaillon, a sky garden on the top floor of the tower, 200-person conference facility and a fitness center.

The restaurant is in the early concept phase.
Quote:
The tower is slated for completion in the first quarter of 2017.
Full Article

Old Posted Jan 29, 2016, 6:40 PM

Park District update:

The drive-through bank has been demolished.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2016, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic'EmBears View Post
Park District update:

The drive-through bank has been demolished.
Good Riddens!

This is going to be a beautiful project in a great location!

Old Posted Jan 30, 2016, 11:02 PM

Being a long time resident of the DFW area and mainly in central core...its amazing the continued transformation and momentum that is going on in the urban neighborhoods like uptown, downtown, Victory, Knox / Henderson, Oak Lawn, Design District, Bishop Arts, and even Trinty Grooves.... Some areas long ignored like Deep Ellum are receiving some TLC with new developments by a local mulit-family developer. Over the past couple of years some longtime staple developers like Trammel Crow have spun off an urban development entity to concentrate on these type of developments. There a number of projects underway that are more or less infill, and developers are now taking on more difficult sites for development. The Dallas in-town area has a much different feel to it than just 5 and more so if you go back 10 years ago. Looking forward to seeing it continue with the current and proposed projects underway. Dallas has some projects in development that at a scale or type you find in the older cities like NYC, Boston, or Chicago (i.e. proposed Kylde Warren Park proposed extension over a freeway, continued opening components of the Trinity River Project, South Asian Museum expected announcement.... and the list goes on). In the public realm the city has been pushing more civic type projects like street cart line extensions, Dart is looking at a second line through downtown that I hope will come to fruition this time (sounds like it will) and a private financed (but for the public use) high speed rail b/w Houston and Dallas should get closer to completing its necessary negotiations / government approval to start construction in the next couple of years.

Later this year or early 2017 we'll see the opening or re-opening of projects like the Statler Hilton, 4510 (main street department store), numerous residential towers / projects in Oaklawn, Uptown, and Victory (adding a possible few thousand residential units), and the development of a handful of office towers.

Last edited by TTU Arch; Jan 30, 2016 at 11:20 PM.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2016, 12:11 AM

The infill and urban renewal is great. I was in Deep Ellum today and I was amazed at how busy it was. I'm excited to see how that neighborhood continues to develop with the rest of central Dallas.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2016, 6:04 PM

Chase’s planned Legacy West campus in Plano is getting bigger

Quote:
The financial services and banking giant is buying almost 50 acres in the Legacy West development near the southwest corner of State Highway 121.

Chase’s new regional business center will include more than 1.4 million square feet of office space in six buildings, according to plans filed with the City of Plano.

There are also three large parking garages to be built on the development site located between S.H. 121 and Headquarters Drive.

The buildings are connected by paved esplanades and landscaped areas.

And a large park area with an “amenity feature” planned for the north corner of the campus on Communications Parkway.

The campus is projected to cost almost $300 million and will open starting in 2018.
Quote:
All but about 20 acres of the 240-acre Legacy West project are committed for developments.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 2:24 AM

Update on construction at the Clearfork project in Fort Worth. 7 cranes are currently on site.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 3:23 AM

Verizon's $1.5B+ mixed-use development to go before Irving city council in March.

Plans call for 3.5M square feet of office, 85K square feet of retail, a 150-room hotel and community green. The development is to be built adjacent to one of DART's Orange Line stations.

Read about it here.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 8:56 PM

D/FW placed third in total value of commercial projects for 2015:

Here's the article.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2016, 6:26 PM

Hampton Inn headed for downtown Fort Worth at 9th and Commerce. 245 rooms. Demolition of existing 2 story bus terminal is underway.

Link

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations