HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted May 20, 2008, 12:03 AM
Sustainable urbanism

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_atlanta View Post
The north tower lot is still empty.

What's the point of a balcony overlooking nothing but cars and asphalt? There are so many other high rises with more pleasant views and less noise.
I was on the 27th floor of 12 CP this past weekend for the downtown loft tour, in north facing units. The balcony door was open and I did not notice any abnormal amounts of noise. The view from the balcony was amazing. The connector was simply an interesting part of the overall cityscape, and the impression of the city was certainly not asphalt and cars. Even on the 7th floor amenity deck, it was actually fairly quiet.

Old Posted May 20, 2008, 6:14 PM

In all honesty, the connector is noisiest during rush hour so being there on the weekend is a little different than living there. I live in Plaza Midtown which is within 2 blocks of the connector. At first, it was loud and I had to get used to it, but that really only took me a day. Now, I hardly even notice it and in fact, I find my unit very calm and peaceful.

Old Posted May 21, 2008, 6:22 PM
Urban Explorer

Having walked all through 12 CP, I can tell you that noise really isn't an issue once you get a few levels up. Sure, you hear the traffic in the background, but it's no worse than having a fan on in your bedroom. You'll hear sirens and the like, but so does everyone else in the city.

Having lived right next to the connector for four years, I've actually grown to like the background noise. When I travel outside the city it's hard to fall asleep because it's too quiet.

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 1:57 AM
(Oo=vw=oO) .:R32

Yeah, I lived in a house on Deering Rd and I could hear 75 and it was not bad at all. It was actually like a constant smooth hum sound. Really no different than a mountain stream cascading down over rocks like a bat out of hell from the mountain top. I guess knowing the difference just makes people feel different about it. The railroad tracks across the street on Deering were loud and obnoxious, but you just get used to it and I did. Just another part of city life I guess. Different strokes for different folks...doesn't really bother me.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive