HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Mar 27, 2006, 5:24 AM

It appears to me that the novare towers started a couple of floors below the street level. Is this true or are my eyes just screwing around with me? And if true what uses are expected?

Old Posted Apr 8, 2006, 6:05 PM
Back on the road again

Looks like some decent progress of late...it appears based on zooming in on the construction cam that construction may be above street level soon, if it's not already. Exciting stuff! In a somewhat related matter, has anyone seen any renderings yet for the Post/Barry joint venture which will, as I understand it, rival the height of Twelve Centennial Park? The Post Barry blocks are just south and west of Twelve Centennial and will greatly increase the density in this area.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2006, 8:20 PM

is there any street level retail in the Southern company building across from Twelve?

Old Posted Apr 12, 2006, 2:14 AM
Back on the road again

The construction webcam (see the second or third post of this thread if you're not familiar with the URL) sure is yielding a spectacular view this evening from the furthest pan out. I'm used to looking at it during the daytime, and I pulled it up this evening, on a crystal clear night, and the surrounding downtown area looks fantastic.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2006, 4:07 AM

Old Posted Apr 14, 2006, 6:26 PM

The website has been updated....andt his below is an email from them:

With the news we relayed last week of the grand opening of the TWELVESM Centennial Park condominium sales center on Thursday, April 20, interest has been overwhelming! Due to this exciting response, we will open for sales at TWELVE Centennial Park by appointment only. We are pleased to offer you, as a registered member of the information list, this special notice in advance of the general public so that you have the opportunity to make one of the very first appointments to purchase your new home.

Hurry and call (404) 961-8888 starting at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow so that you can schedule your early appointment to take advantage of the best availability and views! Actual appointments will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m. next Thursday, April 20. The TWELVE Centennial Park sales center is located in Midtown on 6th Street, between West Peachtree and Cypress streets. Parking is available in The Biltmore’s parking deck, which can be entered at the intersection of Cypress and Sixth streets. Hours of operation will be Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Sundays 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. The sales center will be closed on Tuesdays.

Sales will be conducted by appointment only. We will make every effort to accommodate walk-in visitors to the sales center; however, if our appointment schedule is full on the day of your visit, we will schedule you for the next available appointment to meet with an agent.

Thank you for sharing our excitement about TWELVE Centennial Park. We look forward to seeing you next week.

Best regards,
The TWELVE Centennial Park Sales Team

P.S. You may also want to visit our new website at www.twelvecentennialpark.com for detailed information on features, building amenities and more.

TWELVE Centennial Park Sales Center
817 W. Peachtree St.
Suite E105
Atlanta, GA 30308
T 404.961.8888
F 404.961.8889
www.twelvecentennialpark.com

Old Posted Apr 15, 2006, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3eblover
is there any street level retail in the Southern company building across from Twelve?

Yes there are at least two spaces.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2006, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD
Looks like some decent progress of late...it appears based on zooming in on the construction cam that construction may be above street level soon, if it's not already. Exciting stuff! In a somewhat related matter, has anyone seen any renderings yet for the Post/Barry joint venture which will, as I understand it, rival the height of Twelve Centennial Park? The Post Barry blocks are just south and west of Twelve Centennial and will greatly increase the density in this area.
Construction is definately above street level. They're on the second level above ground which I assume is still parking.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2006, 2:38 AM

I'm curious to know how one goes about constructing the second tower while the other one is being occupied. Won't that be sometype of hazard. Maybe not...hum?? Or are they going to start construction on the second tower after the first tower and hotel are finished, but not occupied?

Old Posted Apr 22, 2006, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBlaxican
I'm curious to know how one goes about constructing the second tower while the other one is being occupied. Won't that be sometype of hazard. Maybe not...hum?? Or are they going to start construction on the second tower after the first tower and hotel are finished, but not occupied?
I don't think that'll be a problem. In very dense cities like NYC, new towers are built all them time just a few feet away from existing buildings.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2006, 2:10 PM
Back on the road again

Now visible from the downtown connector!

I noticed while driving through downtown last night on the southbound connector that you can now see the formwork for 12CP from the interstate. You have to look closely, and avoid getting in a car wreck while doing it, but it's there!

Old Posted Apr 25, 2006, 7:19 PM
JoeCooper

Is the webcam for the construction progress located on The Bank of America Building?

Old Posted Apr 25, 2006, 7:36 PM
Back on the road again

It would have to be. That's the only thing tall enough in that vicinity to provide that vantage point.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2006, 6:59 AM

Looks like the 2nd floor above ground is nearing completion

Old Posted May 8, 2006, 12:14 AM

Where is the parking suppose to be? I never new that the Museum Tower had an elevated green space over its parking deck!! Isn't there gonna be green space over the parking deck at Allen Plaza?

Old Posted May 8, 2006, 1:54 PM
JoeCooper

Check out that dense fog on the webcam!!!

Old Posted May 8, 2006, 4:37 PM

I just saw a scale model of Twelve CP on Skycrapercity and it looks MUCH better than the rendering. You all should check it out. At first I was a little disappointed with the design, But like Relam, the actual looks much better than the rendering!!!

Old Posted May 8, 2006, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBlaxican
I just saw a scale model of Twelve CP on Skycrapercity and it looks MUCH better than the rendering. You all should check it out. At first I was a little disappointed with the design, But like Relam, the actual looks much better than the rendering!!!

i can't find it??? Where should I look?

Old Posted May 8, 2006, 4:58 PM
Back on the road again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLmangum
i can't find it??? Where should I look?
Yeah...can you post a link please? I just spent some time trying to find it also and couldn't locate it...

Old Posted May 8, 2006, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD
Yeah...can you post a link please? I just spent some time trying to find it also and couldn't locate it...
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=333288&page=4

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive