HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Apr 27, 2021, 8:26 PM

The site plan was approved and released today:

https://abc.austintexas.gov/public-s...ertyRSN=307370

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2021, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
The site plan was approved and released today:

https://abc.austintexas.gov/public-s...ertyRSN=307370
Huh, it had been delayed so much I was sure they had decided to just wait for the red line station and go back to the drawing board for something even taller.

Though I guess with the McKalla station planned to be constructed ~2022, it still will probably beat this tower.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2021, 9:23 PM
Resident Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacek View Post
Huh, it had been delayed so much I was sure they had decided to just wait for the red line station and go back to the drawing board for something even taller.

Though I guess with the McKalla station planned to be constructed ~2022, it still will probably beat this tower.
I was told during my stadium tour (today) that the city is planning on having McKalla station open before the 2022 season opener.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 2:41 PM

Arena Tower inching closer to kickoff

By Parimal M. Rohit – Staff Writer, Austin Business Journal

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/n...ff-austin.html

Plans to build a 19-story tower next to Q2 Stadium are slowly but surely coming into focus.

Dirt is expected to move at Arena Tower, the 493,000-square-foot office high-rise proposed at 10615 Burnet Road, in either the first or second quarter of 2022.

.....About half of the 19-story high-rise — floors 11-19 — will be dedicated to office space. Floors will range in size from 43,237 square feet to 54,747 square feet, according to Aquila’s most recent marketing materials for Arena Tower.

There will also be space for five retail tenants on the ground floor. The five retail spaces will occupy 25,010 square feet, the largest space taking up 7,260 square feet.

Levels two through 10 will be dedicated to parking. On the 11th floor, a public terrace is planned with collaborative workspaces.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 4:34 PM

Curious to know if this tower would be built at that location if there was no Q2 stadium, with a different name of course. Or is the stadium attracting all this new potential construction?

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 4:40 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
Curious to know if this tower would be built at that location if there was no Q2 stadium, with a different name of course. Or is the stadium attracting all this new potential construction?
The tower proposal, iirc, pre-dates any stadium plans or the soccer team entirely.
SATX: 1435k (+8%) + MSA suburbs: 1124k (+38%) + CSA exurbs: 18k (+11%)
ATX: 962k (+22%) + MSA suburbs: 1322k (+43%)

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post
The tower proposal, iirc, pre-dates any stadium plans or the soccer team entirely.
Yep, in fact the developer of this (Capella, my memory is saying) was one of those that made alternative "proposals" for developing the McKalla property.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2022, 6:20 PM

A right of way permit filing today indicates that this will get underway the first week of May and continue until the end of 2024.

https://abc.austintexas.gov/public-s...rtyrsn=2012323

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2022, 12:23 AM

Kilroy to build 493,000-square-foot tower near The Domain

LA real estate firm to drop at least $40M on site not long after buying Indeed Tower downtown

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/n...-site-40m.html

Paul Thompson – Assistant Managing Editor, Austin Business Journal
Mar 10, 2022

Kilroy Realty Corp. (NYSE: KRC) is making another splashy acquisition in Austin.

The Los Angeles-based real estate giant announced March 9 it has entered into an agreement to buy a 2.9-acre development site in the Domain submarket in a $40 million off-market transaction. The property is already fully entitled for up to 493,000 square feet of development, Kilroy said.

..."Capella Capital Partners had previously planned to build an office high-rise called Arena Tower at the site, which is located at 10615 Burnet Road — less than a mile from The Domain and just a short walk from Q2 Stadium, where Major League Soccer team Austin FC plays its home games. The tower is expected to be rebranded within the year, but the renderings touted by Kilroy resemble what Capella had planned to build."

Old Posted Mar 11, 2022, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX2030 View Post

LA real estate firm to drop at least $40M on site not long after buying Indeed Tower downtown

Mar 10, 2022

Kilroy Realty Corp. (NYSE: KRC) is making another splashy acquisition in Austin.

The Los Angeles-based real estate giant announced March 9 it has entered into an agreement to buy a 2.9-acre development site in the Domain submarket in a $40 million off-market transaction. The property is already fully entitled for up to 493,000 square feet of development, Kilroy said.

..."Capella Capital Partners had previously planned to build an office high-rise called Arena Tower at the site, which is located at 10615 Burnet Road — less than a mile from The Domain and just a short walk from Q2 Stadium, where Major League Soccer team Austin FC plays its home games. The tower is expected to be rebranded within the year, but the renderings touted by Kilroy resemble what Capella had planned to build."
This is probably a good thing and to have been expected, considering Capella's primary focus on self-storage and suburban retail. I had big doubts about their ability to deliver the Arena Tower, though it looks like they made plenty of progress already.

A little off topic, but their proposal for the Q2 site had zero crediblity. Here was one render from their vision:

Old Posted Mar 11, 2022, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX2030 View Post

Mar 10, 2022

Old Posted Mar 11, 2022, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoes View Post
Wow you must be old. I mean, I'm old, and my Mom had to explain that reference to me when I was a kid.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2022, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
Wow you must be old. I mean, I'm old, and my Mom had to explain that reference to me when I was a kid.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2022, 5:49 PM

Design Intake for 10615 Burnet Road (which I believe is Arena Tower's adddress) for "1M SF Garage and Office Mixed Use. Retail on level 1". Could the new developers here be going back to the drawing board? Wouldn't this design happen long before site plan approval?

https://abc.austintexas.gov/public-s...ertyrsn=307370

Old Posted Mar 29, 2022, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agsatx88 View Post
Design Intake for 10615 Burnet Road (which I believe is Arena Tower's adddress) for "1M SF Garage and Office Mixed Use. Retail on level 1". Could the new developers here be going back to the drawing board? Wouldn't this design happen long before site plan approval?

https://abc.austintexas.gov/public-s...ertyrsn=307370
This is just design consultation for electrical supply. They did this previously, but some things probably changed with the feed after Q2 Stadium started. There were plans to put the overhead electrical on the north property line in a duct bank. Maybe they are now needing to redo part of the electrical feed design.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2022, 5:58 PM

I guess I was thrown off by 1M square feet. Didn't think it was that big.

Also didn't realize it would have ground floor retail. That will be nice so close to the stadium.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2022, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agsatx88 View Post
I guess I was thrown off by 1M square feet. Didn't think it was that big.

Also didn't realize it would have ground floor retail. That will be nice so close to the stadium.
No, you're right. It never was anywhere near 1 M sf. I missed that detail. Maybe they do plan on substantially increasing the height. Or, the 1 M might include garage sf.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2022, 8:19 PM
Resident Moron

I know that Verde Square is going to have more height to it.

Its possible they are going to push for an upzone here.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 1:33 PM

Another ROW permit filed yesterday (4/5/22) for Arena Tower, this one for overhead pedestrian protection. Start date is 5/2/22. Looks like the change in developer from Capella to Kilroy hasn't derailed the project.

https://abc.austintexas.gov/public-s...rtyrsn=2012323

Old Posted May 19, 2022, 11:42 PM

Heavy machinery and a whole lot of rebar are on-site today.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin