HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 30, 2007, 6:36 PM
Man of Many Statistics

Here in Atlanta, most people have access to everything the city has to offer at once using a car so many of the services that we enjoy are not centrally located. I live in Midtown around 14th street, so I don't especially get to go Downtown too often because I don't actually own a car and the summer heat is draining. Midtown, though, especially around Piedmont Park and Peachtree Street offers everything I could really ask for while being very different from Downtown. The feel of the place is entirely something else and I think that that type of diversity can only be achieved with some geographical separation. You can't fit everything that makes a city inside of three square miles or so. In the trying, you tend to sacrifice certain things. Also, the more whole communities there are in a city worth visiting, the more people can enjoy the amenities usually reserved for the core.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta