HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jan 10, 2020, 9:09 PM

Review: 4DX theater at Regal Atlantic Station

https://atlantaintownpaper.com/2020/...antic-station/

Quote:

As the soldiers were shot at by Germans, I could feel the bullets flying past my face thanks to little bursts of air that came from inside the seat. As soldiers rode in the back of a truck, the seat rumbled and bumped along.

In another scene, a soldier jumped off a bridge to escape the enemy and the seat pitched and rolled, water splashed, a mist appeared and then it felt like I was actually floating as the soldier was swept down the river. It was impressive.

Tickets are $24, so more expensive than a regular movie, but you are paying for the extra excitement and I think it’s worth the money. It makes the movie more memorable and you feel like you are part of the movie itself. I enjoyed it so much, that I’m planning to go back and see “Star Wars.”

Old Posted Jan 13, 2020, 2:00 AM

Sounds interesting.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2020, 7:07 PM

Atlantic Yards

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 2:26 PM

Springhill Suites / Tapestry Hotel

The land development permit is now "ready to issue".

Old Posted Jan 25, 2020, 2:18 AM

"Atlantic Green" to open in April

Quote:
The greenspace is also expected to feature three new food options, including a HOBNOB Neighborhood Tavern and two other to-be-announced businesses. “They’re well-known local names here in Atlanta,” Garzia teases.

Atlantic Green is also going to have a new, $1 million-plus water fountain that Garzia said will be one of “the signature elements” of the park. A new LED video board is projected to adorn the back of one of the new restaurant buildings, giving Atlantic Station new advertising space and a place to hold movie screenings or watch parties for sporting events.
https://www.atlantamagazine.com/news...ot-even-close/

Old Posted Jan 25, 2020, 2:42 AM

Hob Nob is such an awkward name.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2020, 6:52 PM

I thought the goal was to expand the greenspace but with those three new buildings, it'll be about the same size, only reconfigured. I hope it's worth all of the trouble.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2020, 10:02 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
I thought the goal was to expand the greenspace but with those three new buildings, it'll be about the same size, only reconfigured. I hope it's worth all of the trouble.
In my humble opinion, it's not. This looks very cheap and well... ugly. It looked better the way it was.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2020, 5:44 AM

I agree. It does look very cheap. Not sure why they needed to rebuild that space.smh

Old Posted Jan 26, 2020, 6:11 AM

[/QUOTE]

I went to see Bad Boys for Life last night and sat in the F11 seat. The movie was great and there were a couple of scenes featuring downtown Atlanta and the 17th street bridge.

The novelty of rocking seats, puffs of air shooting past my head, and sprinkles of water was sorta cool, but half way through the movie, my old ass could have just watched the movie in a regular seat.

I'm not sure if I'd pay the high price for that experience again. But, it's probably worth a first time experience. BTW, the theater was packed.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2020, 6:21 AM

[QUOTE=smArTaLlone;8811042]https://www.atlantamagazine.com/news...ot-even-close/

All of the buildings framework is up, so it should't be long before the Green is ready for its debut.

I think the Green will look and feel a lot better in person than this 3rd rate drawing depicts.

The plaza/green will feel bigger because two streets have been cordoned off by planters and designed as a pedestrian plaza on either side of the park.
And, you'll able to access from every side instead of being funneled through narrow east/west entry points. It should feel more inviting, due to clear sight lines from every side.

There are also 3 rooftop areas that will surely draw a raucous crowd of party-goers. I think the additions will create a "central" gathering spot for people watching and relaxing.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2020, 5:33 PM

I think it’s disappointing! I went to the movies Sunday and was shocked at how closed off it felt. Even worse than before. I also dont understand what you mean by the pedestrian plaza. It is no different than before and they’ve added even more building structures. Nothing like what was initially shown. Lot of time and money for the same IMO. There is even less green space than the area had down the center before.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Jan 26, 2020, 6:51 PM

Were they were going to say, "Hey, we don't need the empty space...we're building more revenue producing infill!"

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 9:11 PM

Atlantic Yards

Old Posted Feb 3, 2020, 10:30 PM

Project Northstar in T3 is probably Macy's

see: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...h=496&dpr=1.25

Old Posted Feb 4, 2020, 1:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Project Northstar in T3 is probably Macy's

see: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...h=496&dpr=1.25
Seems likely.

Quote:
Macy's is one of the few companies associated with the project, though. North Star is also the name of Macy's three year strategic plan. Plus, Cincinnati architect Baxter, Hodell, Donnelly, and Preston, also known as BHDP Inc., filed the plans to build out project North Star at Atlantic Station.

BHDP has worked with Macy's for decades.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2020, 2:10 PM

Macy's To Consolidate Tech Operations In New Midtown Atlanta Project

Confirmed.

https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/...midtown-102809
Quote:
Department store giant Macy's is beefing up its technology division at Hines' T3 West Midtown project in Atlanta, adding hundreds of new jobs to the area.

Atlanta is currently one of three cities that operate as Macy's Technology hubs, with the company housing its operations in Johns Creek. A source familiar with the deal tells Bisnow that the Johns Creek office won't be affected by the 105K SF deal. While it was unclear how many new jobs will be added to Atlanta, many urban offices today average about 200 to 250 SF per employee. At that rate, Macy's new tech hub could employ in excess of 400 workers.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2020, 3:37 PM

T3 (much like the Millennium Arch) is too good for all the EIFS that surrounds it.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2020, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
T3 (much like the Millennium Arch) is too good for all the EIFS that surrounds it.
I wouldn't mind a targeted earthquake that takes out the atrocious apartments next to the arch. Of course they would be empty as well.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2020, 11:28 PM

Macy's putting 600-job tech center in T3 building

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...source=twitter

Quote:
Macy’s Inc. confirmed Friday it will open a $14 million technology hub in Midtown that will employ 630.

In a statement, Naveen Krishna, Macy’s chief technology officer, said the new office gives the company an opportunity to “leverage the diversity and depth of technical expertise and skills available in the Atlanta area.” Most of the new positions will be centered on software development and software architects. Atlanta Business Chronicle first reported on the expansion on Feb. 6.

Macy’s chose Atlantic Station as the location for its new tech hub. The company will close its technology office in San Francisco, which employs 831 people. It will be among the first tenants of a newly constructed $80 million building called T3 West Midtown building. Macy’s will also retain its large tech campus in Johns Creek, which is about 20 miles north of Midtown in the Atlanta suburbs. chose Atlantic Station as the location for its new tech hub. The company will close its technology office in San Francisco, which employs 831 people. It will be among the first tenants of a newly constructed $80 million building called T3 West Midtown building. Macy’s will also retain its large tech campus in Johns Creek, which is about 20 miles north of Midtown in the Atlanta suburbs.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta