HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?
Brian Bowman 57 95.00%
Jenny Motkaluk 3 5.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Oct 26, 2018, 8:24 PM

Either you know him personally or you violated the terms of this site tree. Maybe both.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2018, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post
He has that vibe, but guess what?

Highly talented people making big money will have a certain degree of confidence that insecure dummies might consider arrogant rather than capable.
Hi Mr. Bellamy. I'd still vote for you (as I mentioned I agree on most of what you say) I just think you come across as a bit of a douche sometimes.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2018, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Either you know him personally or you violated the terms of this site tree. Maybe both.
Not aimed at me, but how? I don't follow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree View Post
Hi Mr. Bellamy. I'd still vote for you (as I mentioned I agree on most of what you say) I just think you come across as a bit of a douche sometimes.
See? Not so hard!

Seems unbelievably immature to vote for the wrong candidate just because the right one's personality irks you a little.

Parts of Bowman's personality annoy me (probably well highlighted on this forum lol) but I thought he was better than Judy when I still lived in the city

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 5:24 PM
BANNED

Fairly entertaining article that's mostly bang on!

http://blackrod.blogspot.com/2018/10...eg-prefer.html

excerpt:

Winnipeg Free Press opinion writer Dan Lett jumped in to clarify the situation.

"However, there is a more important concern in Motkaluk's tax proposal. No matter how you spin it, it will provide less revenue to the City of Winnipeg than Bowman's proposal," he wrote.

Duh. Thanks for pointing that out Dan. Raising taxes one percent will bring less money than raising taxes two percent. We see why you get paid the big bucks.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 5:52 PM
the first stamp is free

^ "article"..?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Fairly entertaining article that's mostly bang on!

http://blackrod.blogspot.com/2018/10...eg-prefer.html

excerpt:

Winnipeg Free Press opinion writer Dan Lett jumped in to clarify the situation.

"However, there is a more important concern in Motkaluk's tax proposal. No matter how you spin it, it will provide less revenue to the City of Winnipeg than Bowman's proposal," he wrote.

Duh. Thanks for pointing that out Dan. Raising taxes one percent will bring less money than raising taxes two percent. We see why you get paid the big bucks.
Yeah that's not an article. It's mostly nonsense. He talks about the Motkaluk's tax increase planned than quotes Bowman on the portion of the plan that he never talked about. What was risky about her plan was freezing assessed values. If someone bought a $100k dump and renovated it to a $1mm home, they would continue to pay taxes on the $100k value under her plan. That's the part that's risky, that Bowman was commenting on, that the "article" completely didn't mention.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post
Not aimed at me, but how? I don't follow.

See? Not so hard!

Seems unbelievably immature to vote for the wrong candidate just because the right one's personality irks you a little.

Parts of Bowman's personality annoy me (probably well highlighted on this forum lol) but I thought he was better than Judy when I still lived in the city
yeah sorry if it wasn't clear but something like that def wouldn't prevent me from voting for him. I think all politicians are a bit like that - Bowman absolutely included. Maybe because Bellamy isn't a politician I felt the need to address it (whereas if he was it would be a given and not worth mentioning lol).

I'm coming across here too like its a major issue but this is just from some tweets. If Bellamy is indeed out there - keep doing what you're doing and run for mayor or councillor.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
^ "article"..?
Marty Gold's or a Marty Gold wannabee's insane ravings is more like it. Anyone who buys this 'citizen journalist' garbage should go to a 'citizen neurosurgeon' when they get a brain tumour and see how things go.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Yeah that's not an article. It's mostly nonsense. He talks about the Motkaluk's tax increase planned than quotes Bowman on the portion of the plan that he never talked about. What was risky about her plan was freezing assessed values. If someone bought a $100k dump and renovated it to a $1mm home, they would continue to pay taxes on the $100k value under her plan. That's the part that's risky, that Bowman was commenting on, that the "article" completely didn't mention.
Shit, that'd be awesome.

I'd salute anyone who pulled that off.

Yeah, unfair this, unfair that, but it beats the cities holy vigilance to assess as high and as often as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree View Post
yeah sorry if it wasn't clear but something like that def wouldn't prevent me from voting for him. I think all politicians are a bit like that - Bowman absolutely included. Maybe because Bellamy isn't a politician I felt the need to address it (whereas if he was it would be a given and not worth mentioning lol).

I'm coming across here too like its a major issue but this is just from some tweets. If Bellamy is indeed out there - keep doing what you're doing and run for mayor or councillor.
Bowman actually bugs me because he tries too hard to be liked, and loses his spine... he's still arrogant, but that fear of losing friends cost us an open P+M

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan