HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2009, 3:04 AM

I hope you guys can see this is not a realistic proposal.

Maybe when human beings colonize space 1,000 years from now they can put this on Mars.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2012, 10:51 PM
JayCortese

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANGELD_SLC View Post

Ok there's that top photo. I got it to work for me

What I don't get is why they propose these types of mammoth structures in the middle of an already-established area? I think it would be much more impressive if it was built, say, off the east or west coasts somewhere or on a plain in Kansas, or in a mountain valley in Utah, where there was nothing else built for miles and miles and miles.
That would be nice and impressive.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2015, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCortese View Post
That would be nice and impressive.
I can imagine that some back-fill dumped along the shores would be required for putting this thing on the end of the Peninsula. A 10,000-foot tower of this shape. Imagine the footprint of its base. Apparently, whoever came up with this idea for a "city within a city" didn't consider how much ground area would be needed.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2016, 1:19 AM

That is one ugly building. A forest of supertalls would ruin San Francisco, bury the hills.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects