HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 14, 2013, 8:51 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by monocle View Post
Please explain. Do you find Turks attractive?
Trying googling 'turkish oil wrestling' and you might understand the allure.

---

I don't find 'homosexual' overly objectionable, but I hate being called 'a homosexual'. Identity is something that a lot of straight people don't really have to struggle with, and so it might be difficult to understand. Strictly speaking, yes, I am homosexual, but that only touches on the sexual aspect of my identity. 'Gay', on the other hand, is different in a way I can't quite articulate at the moment.

The second reason that gay is generally preferred is due to the fact that it is almost universally the name gay people choose to identify with. If someone refers to 'a homosexual', I almost immediately get the impression that it's something they aren't entirely comfortable with and that makes me uncomfortable too.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation