HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jan 27, 2007, 4:33 PM

we can all rest easy....i have it first hand from novare that the concrete will be left bare....its somewhat of a tradmark feature they plan to carry forward on all 12 projects.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2007, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2phx View Post
we can all rest easy....i have it first hand from novare that the concrete will be left bare....its somewhat of a tradmark feature they plan to carry forward on all 12 projects.
That's just makes my day, and might even make cleaning my garage a little easier! Thanks.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2007, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
I dont know what you got quoted but I saw a price sheet and it started at 360k for the 1st (6th) floor units on the South tower. The higher floors got up to about 700k.
Prices are determined by total square footage of the unit and location in the building. If the lowest price starts at 360k (for one bedroom?), the prices have gone up.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2007, 8:25 PM
Apathetic...and Loving It

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityFan View Post
Prices are determined by total square footage of the unit and location in the building. If the lowest price starts at 360k (for one bedroom?), the prices have gone up.
I thought it was 190K for a one bedroom on the bottom residential floor...

Old Posted Jan 27, 2007, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabino86 View Post
I thought it was 190K for a one bedroom on the bottom residential floor...
It's a function of who you are buying through. 20% of the units are workforce housing, but don't try buying them at the sales cener. They are being marketted by ANDP. You have to meet certain income limits to get one of these units, but it's a good value. I think the upper income limit is $70k (it shows you just who "affordable" housing really serves).

There's more information here:

http://www.andpi.org/development-twelve.htm

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

Old Posted Jan 27, 2007, 10:58 PM
Apathetic...and Loving It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
It's a function of who you are buying through. 20% of the units are workforce housing, but don't try buying them at the sales cener. They are being marketted by ANDP. You have to meet certain income limits to get one of these units, but it's a good value. I think the upper income limit is $70k (it shows you just who "affordable" housing really serves).

There's more information here:

http://www.andpi.org/development-twelve.htm
Poor college student (i.e. under $70K/yr), right here

Old Posted Jan 29, 2007, 12:23 AM

Construction update from this morning (Sunday 1/28/07):

Old Posted Jan 29, 2007, 1:13 AM
Back on the road again

WOW Ryan those are killer!!! ....the second one, with the concrete pour in progress at the top, is a special treat!

Old Posted Jan 29, 2007, 2:38 AM

great shots!

Old Posted Jan 29, 2007, 4:17 AM

Thanks SteveD and john3eblover. This is really looking like a great building. Wishing I was in the market for a condo...

Old Posted Jan 29, 2007, 4:37 AM

Ryan, those are fantastic photos! Today was a beautiful day, and I took a tour of my own through Downtown, Midtown and Buckhead to see all of the building progress for myself -- but my views weren't anything like these. You have jumped up there with Joe Steed with these shots from above. Thank you for sharing them with all of us.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2007, 7:07 AM

unfrickinbelievable!

Old Posted Jan 29, 2007, 1:59 PM

Thanks, but you guys are too kind. I just got lucky this weekend in that I had a nice room at the Marriot Marquis, so it was a good opportunity to take a few shots.

Anybody know how much taller they are going? If I count the floors starting from ground level, it looks like there are 29 so far. Does that mean we've got 10 more to go, or have I counted incorrectly or missed some underground floors?

While I didn't get a photo of this, this building really looks nice when you are walking around the area of the Hyatt and close by Peachtree Center. While it's a couple blocks away, it's very clearly visible and brings a nice new feel to that part of Peachtree when you are walking around.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2007, 2:03 PM
Back on the road again

Ryan...I believe the residential floors start on Floor 7, so the first floor above the wider floor plan of the lower level, with the windows installed, is Floor 7. I believe the concrete that was being poured in your photos is the floor slab for the 32nd floor, and there are to be 39, so I think there's 7 additional floors to go.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2007, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
I dont know what you got quoted but I saw a price sheet and it started at 360k for the 1st (6th) floor units on the South tower. The higher floors got up to about 700k.
I thought they started in the 190s? That's what the radio ad says.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2007, 2:49 PM

yes one bdr condo at 190k at lower floors
more u go up you pay i think $2500 extra for rach floor

Old Posted Jan 29, 2007, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMidtowner View Post
I thought they started in the 190s? That's what the radio ad says.
See my comment above. 20% of the units are subsidized to be affordable people earning between $35k and $70k a year (I think), but these are not being marketted by Novare. I believe one bedrooms of these units start around $155k.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

Old Posted Jan 29, 2007, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
See my comment above. 20% of the units are subsidized to be affordable people earning between $35k and $70k a year (I think), but these are not being marketted by Novare. I believe one bedrooms of these units start around $155k.
How does affordable housing work? I would almost fit in that category and it might be worth taking a small pay cut.

(I am so out of touch -- I actually thought making $35-70K a year was pretty good money).

Old Posted Jan 29, 2007, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
How does affordable housing work? I would almost fit in that category and it might be worth taking a small pay cut.

(I am so out of touch -- I actually thought making $35-70K a year was pretty good money).
i dont really know how it works, but it seems kind of ridiculous to me. My girlfriend lives in Alexandria, VA with a friend. A lot of the apartments in the area have affordable housing I think, but you have to make barely anything at all just to qualify for it, and even then, with that salary it seems like you'd barely make the payments. They pay about 1500 for a 2bdrm, and their combined income is barely enough to pay that, and they still didn't qualify for the cheaper apartments...so im not sure how it works, but it seems kind of retarded.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2007, 4:38 PM
Back on the road again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post

It is weird to think about, isn't it Andrea. I know my dear departed Dad was making something in the $30,000+ range in the mid 70's, when he had a (non working) wife and seven kids to support! We were decidedly lower middle class, but none worse for the wear, and happy! Now, I make several times that, and I'm single, and I never have any money left over!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive