HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 3:16 AM
surely you agree with me

I love seeing infill going up in the West End. Any idea what the project on Maryland near Ellis will be?

Also. Who the heck is Mr Built?

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 3:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
Who the heck is Mr Built?
Biff

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 2:18 PM
What could go wrong?

Initially I thought it was a former member who built that black and white condo on Waterfront Dr
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 3:32 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Initially I thought it was a former member who built that black and white condo on Waterfront Dr
doesnt look like his typical style though

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinCitySparky View Post
Actually after looking at the Map link, this building is around the corner on actual Burnell facing west. Another different project? This photo I took is while parked on the west lane of Burnell facing east.
I thought the same thing, is it possible the render got flipped mirror image somehow?

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhorse View Post
433 Main conversion to residential

Partial office conversion. Floors 13, 14 and 15 occupancy in Fall 2020. Floors 5 to 12 occupancy in Winter 2022.

from alstonproperties.com
Office is dead, need more residential towers where we can share air with each other!

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 10:38 PM

433 Main Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtWednesday View Post
Office is dead, need more residential towers where we can share air with each other!
Looking good..It had such hideous cladding (Colours Resembling bodily functions) Soon it will compliment 360 Main Beatifully

Old Posted Apr 3, 2020, 2:47 PM

It’s gonna be awesome when the barricades in front of Richardson get torn down this summer and no one’s around to notice.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2020, 3:05 PM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oftheMoon View Post
they couldn't do a better rendering sans the dun-rite chicken truck at least lol. Looks great though regardless!
Wikimedia Commons structured data tab has a "Mark as prominent" option. That's what I thought of when I saw the chicken truckie.

The thing about so-called "street photography" is that sometimes, people or traffic can get in the way of taking a good photo. Solution is to wait until the people and traffic pass out of the shot. Just requires patience, being alert to your surroundings and what is in the camera frame at the time.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2020, 7:56 PM

I have a feeling this project will be done right.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2020, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhorse View Post
433 Main conversion to residential

Partial office conversion. Floors 13, 14 and 15 occupancy in Fall 2020. Floors 5 to 12 occupancy in Winter 2022.

from alstonproperties.com
I really like this. Winnipeg needs more buildings with dark cladding to balance out the sea of brown.

Come See My Work: Mississauga Future Skyline Model | Pan-Canadian Future Skylines Project - Kelowna, Saskatoon, Windsor, London, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Barrie, Ottawa, Halifax​​​ | Astrophotography Thread

Old Posted Apr 3, 2020, 11:47 PM

Wow, that reclad looks amazing, especially over what it is now.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
I love seeing infill going up in the West End. Any idea what the project on Maryland near Ellis will be?

Also. Who the heck is Mr Built?
viking here it is:
http://clkapps.winnipeg.ca/DMIS/View...cc/2017/m16673

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 6:29 PM
surely you agree with me

^ hot.

Didnt realize the remand centre was expanding.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertocarlos View Post
I have a feeling this project will be done right.
Hahahaha nice

Old Posted Apr 8, 2020, 5:31 PM
What could go wrong?

Some old newspaper renders I came across while cleaning the basement....not the clearest of images, but you get what you get.

Original render of Portage Place

Original render of Canada Place (IG Tower)

Render of the east pad site tower proposal

"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Apr 8, 2020, 6:22 PM

Can we start a petition to the city to ban tin shed siding outside of industrial zones? It's seriously bullshit that the city is letting that go up everywhere.

Also for that last PP render, would be so awesome to see those parking lots on Ellice filled in. Even if not towers, a mini version of Railside with 4-6 storey mixed use buildings would be pretty good there.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2020, 6:34 PM

Cool blast from the past, Biff. Considering how close Portage Place came to being fully built out as envisioned, it's funny that the developers couldn't get the east or west pad site projects done, although as I recall they came close with the east side back in the 90s.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2020, 1:35 PM
What could go wrong?

So it looks like that old used car dealership and the small single storey buildings on Portage between Lipton and Banning will be coming down in favor of a new 2 storey block long building.

The building is right up to the sidewalk with parking in the back. This is opposite DeLucas directly west of the Shoppers. Down side is that it doesn't look like a stunner. Hard to tell what the finishes will be, but my first impression is your typical office park style building like in the Terracon sites.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2020, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
So it looks like that old used car dealership and the small single storey buildings on Portage between Lipton and Banning will be coming down in favor of a new 2 storey block long building.

The building is right up to the sidewalk with parking in the back. This is opposite DeLucas directly west of the Shoppers. Down side is that it doesn't look like a stunner. Hard to tell what the finishes will be, but my first impression is your typical office park style building like in the Terracon sites.
Nice. I live on Banning south of Ellice and I am loving the moves being made in this area lately. Sucks that you say it won’t be pretty but at least it sounds proper for the street. I used to spend every Saturday for many years in the sticky bun shoppe that used to be in the center unit. The building is definitely crumbling inside and out. Will be great to see something fresh even if it’s basic AF.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan