HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted May 31, 2020, 4:15 PM
Hong Kong

Riding Swiss Rails Affordably - The Cheaper Glacier Express

Taking the rails in Switzerland can get expensive very quickly. For a proper visit of at least a week, consider a Swiss Travel Pass, which includes trains, local public transport, and a number of attractions.

However, not all trains are covered by the pass. The Glacier Express between Zermatt and St. Mortiz, a popular sightseeing trip across the Swiss Alps, is one of them. The fare is free, but an additional seat reservation fee is required. You will be assigned a specific seat for the duration of the journey, with an option to add a meal as you will be on the train for much of the day.

If you don't mind changing trains, even with luggage, then you should consider taking the local trains instead, which travel on the same set of tracks so your views are exactly the same. These local trains are timed to connect to each other, so you won't have excessively long waits anywhere. They are also rarely full, so you will be away from the tourist crowds and can get to move around both sides of the train to enjoy the scenery. Some trains also have windows that can be drawn down so your camera won't need to battle an annoying glare.

My trip started bright and early in Zermatt. To search the schedules, input Zermatt to St. Moritz via Andermatt. The total journey time would be about 8 hours. This is a full day of sightseeing!

Part 1 : Zermatt - Andermatt

More photos on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/ch-glacier.htm

Old Posted May 31, 2020, 6:28 PM
Unicorn Wizard!

Is this an ad? HK skyline are you in on this?

Old Posted May 31, 2020, 7:23 PM

An advertorial.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2020, 2:51 PM
Hong Kong

I wish they'd pay me for that trip and not have to pay the expensive full price for the pass.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2020, 10:16 PM
Show me the blueprints

This doesn't need its own thread. Thanks for posting but this should have gone in interesting transportation things.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation