HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jul 12, 2020, 2:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBoot View Post
They are selling season ticket packages to the "Supporters" section as we speak. It's not all GA.
The supporters section is absolutely all GA. They are the only GA seats in the stadium.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2020, 5:57 PM

Old Posted Jul 12, 2020, 6:04 PM

Loooooooooove those.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2020, 6:08 PM

Sorry for the huge size. I lost access to my Flickr account when they changed the sign in process. So these are from facebook and I have no way of knowing what size they will post at or how to change it.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2020, 6:33 PM

They need to turn that old railroad stub RoW into a nice pedestrian greenbelt. What a perfect entrance that would be from Burnet and those walking over from the Domain area.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2020, 6:57 PM

Lots of beautiful shots there.

Kind of weird: as each of the lots on Burnet south of Braker are developed, it will actually become harder and harder to know that there's a stadium back there. It's like we chose to build the thing in Burnet's collective backyard.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2020, 7:24 PM

If that one big midrise gets built off of Burnet, that will really block it. The Domain has some nice density when viewed from the stadium. Would have still prefered to have downtown in the background though.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 12:28 AM

The neighboring Copland apartments is definitely the place to live at if you get a AustinFC membership and not want to deal with parking.

https://www.copelandaustin.com

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 1:01 AM
クラブトクヨ

Yup they even promote being “steps” from the stadium on their insta.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by We vs us View Post
Lots of beautiful shots there.

Kind of weird: as each of the lots on Burnet south of Braker are developed, it will actually become harder and harder to know that there's a stadium back there. It's like we chose to build the thing in Burnet's collective backyard.
Yeah, long term (assuming Arena tower actually happens, and other redevelopment of existing strips) the best approach view will probably be the D/D/D loop from Metric.

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.3894...7i16384!8i8192

Add some sidewalks and those'll be some nice streets for redevelopment (have some good street trees already). NBG zoning and potentially a station there.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 2:56 PM

New (pretty basic) beer hall in the north building of the stadium. They're also expanding the merchandise store from 3,000 sf to 5,000 sf.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 4:50 PM

Seems like as a result the team staff will remain working at offsite offices and not move to the stadium when it’s done. Also, the statesman is reporting a 1,200 upper bleacher on the north end could be built in an offseason when the team is ready for it.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 6:41 PM

courtesy of @weareaustintv on IG

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 9:30 PM

How easy is it to move those big cranes? When I flew my drone they were on the outside of the stadium and now they are on the inside? The tops of those cranes were topping out close to 400ft high.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 2:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freerover View Post
Seems like as a result the team staff will remain working at offsite offices and not move to the stadium when it’s done. Also, the statesman is reporting a 1,200 upper bleacher on the north end could be built in an offseason when the team is ready for it.
I’d be quite disappointed if I thought I was moving my office to a shiny new stadium and then ended up stuck at a lame office park on Metric.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverranchdrone View Post
How easy is it to move those big cranes? When I flew my drone they were on the outside of the stadium and now they are on the inside? The tops of those cranes were topping out close to 400ft high.
I'm wondering which are the earlier photos. Maybe yours are more recent? At one time they had as many as 6 cranes working within the bowl. The cranes can exit through the field level loading dock, but the booms would have to be retracted / removed. There would be very tight maneuvering, especially with the high voltage electrical running parallel to the tracks.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigdeal View Post
I’d be quite disappointed if I thought I was moving my office to a shiny new stadium and then ended up stuck at a lame office park on Metric.
I think that is a significant reason why they waited to officially announce the change. They didn't want the staff to be upset and needed to manage it carefully.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 1:21 PM

I have to say, this is probably my favorite project of the year. It is SO incredibly stunning in person. I cannot wait for the first game! We have to set a forum meetup someday down the road for a game

Also, really hoping all the breweries in and around Metric are safe for a long long time from being priced out or anything. There's a lovely sleepy feel over there (mostly away from stadium) that you just don't find in town anymore.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 4:22 PM

A brewery meetup before the game is a great idea.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahealy View Post
I have to say, this is probably my favorite project of the year. It is SO incredibly stunning in person. I cannot wait for the first game! We have to set a forum meetup someday down the road for a game

Also, really hoping all the breweries in and around Metric are safe for a long long time from being priced out or anything. There's a lovely sleepy feel over there (mostly away from stadium) that you just don't find in town anymore.
I worry about them first surviving the Covid shutdown before I worry about them being priced out.

Several put in more (safe) outdoor space and then had that rug get pulled out from under them.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin