HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jul 4, 2007, 1:47 PM

No retail announcements yet, not sure about completion but I think it's Spring '08 for phase 1..

Old Posted Jul 6, 2007, 11:28 AM

There is a panel on front of Viewpoint which says retail will be available Summer '08. Also I walked by the back of Viewpoint yesterday - most of the floors (up to 21 or 22) are numbered. Based on that numbering it looks like they are on floor 24 or 25 currently.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2007, 2:27 AM

Old Posted Jul 7, 2007, 4:52 AM
Everywhere all at once

that looks like snow in that first pic mnl. talk about freak weather.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2007, 12:53 AM

looks like they are currently on the 28th floor. 6 more to go!!!

Old Posted Jul 19, 2007, 3:01 AM
Apathetic...and Loving It

Lookin' sharp!

Old Posted Jul 19, 2007, 3:13 AM

Actually, if it's going to be exactly like the model, there's 10 floors left plus the two-story top.

Last edited by whiplash3825; Jul 19, 2007 at 5:12 PM.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2007, 9:44 PM

I heard recently that McCray's and Loca Luna are slated to close their doors in August of 2007 in preparation for Phase II. I may have to move now that McCray's will be gone.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2007, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliaC View Post
I heard recently that McCray's and Loca Luna are slated to close their doors in August of 2007 in preparation for Phase II. I may have to move now that McCray's will be gone.
Actually its not in preparation for phase II but for the buildout of the retail portion along 6th street.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2007, 8:30 PM

Photo's taken today - July 31st 2007.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2007, 9:40 PM

man it's rising fast!

Old Posted Aug 1, 2007, 12:25 AM
Urban Explorer

Nice updates. As this building gets taller, I'm beginning to see that I really don't like it. The glass on the tower portion is great, but instead of using the same glass on the parking podium, they put some other color, and then accented it with nasty green panels. It looks like the podium and tower are two different buildings, which I think is just ugly.

They had a great thing going with the smokey gray glass and the wavy top, but why they had to destroy it with a horrendous base is beyond me.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2007, 2:45 PM
Mmmm...Smynings...

Luckily the base isn't finished yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gttx View Post
Nice updates. As this building gets taller, I'm beginning to see that I really don't like it. The glass on the tower portion is great, but instead of using the same glass on the parking podium, they put some other color, and then accented it with nasty green panels. It looks like the podium and tower are two different buildings, which I think is just ugly.

They had a great thing going with the smoky gray glass and the wavy top, but why they had to destroy it with a horrendous base is beyond me.
Luckily, the base isn't finished yet...as it looks right now, yes, it's hideous. But there's still a ways to go. I'll reserve my judgment for now.

Regarding some of the proposed retail, I heard mention of Urban Outfitters and Sur La Table as being 2 potential tenants. Obviously, Urban Outfitters makes a lot of sense...I think a Crate & Barrel would be nice!

Old Posted Aug 2, 2007, 3:18 PM

I think it needs a Walgreen's there, really big 2 story with 2 pharmacies one on each floor. We don't have enough drugstores intown right now you know.....

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Aug 3, 2007, 1:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gttx View Post

They had a great thing going with the smokey gray glass and the wavy top, but why they had to destroy it with a horrendous base is beyond me.
The parking podium is horrendous in scale alone; the best thing they could do is bury that monstrosity but it's way too late for that. We'll see if they can work some magic and at least integrate it, but I for one am not holding my breath. Another Novare gem!:

Old Posted Aug 6, 2007, 9:40 PM
Atlanta Native

Acording to the web-cam there is still about 9 floors to go before we hit 37. When do you suppose they are going to relocate the camera to another building or skooch the angle up some?

Old Posted Aug 6, 2007, 11:18 PM

how are sales going in this buiding? is it sold already or not?
how much is 2 bdr condo?

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 1:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx View Post
The parking podium is horrendous in scale alone; the best thing they could do is bury that monstrosity but it's way too late for that. We'll see if they can work some magic and at least integrate it, but I for one am not holding my breath. Another Novare gem!:
At $25-30k per space for underground versus $15k per space for deck, underground parking is not feasible. They should just build less deck spaces. Instead of 1 per bedroom, why not 1 per unit? Or better yet, sell the units and the parking separately (unbundled) so that people actually think about how much it costs to own a car. Unbundled parking typically reduces supply by 25% - even in areas without transit.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 2:34 AM
Former GTC Deity

This building is turning out great. Anyone got any new updates for us to savor.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2007, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
At $25-30k per space for underground versus $15k per space for deck, underground parking is not feasible. They should just build less deck spaces. Instead of 1 per bedroom, why not 1 per unit? Or better yet, sell the units and the parking separately (unbundled) so that people actually think about how much it costs to own a car. Unbundled parking typically reduces supply by 25% - even in areas without transit.
I know the last units to sell at Plaza Midtown were the two-bedroom units with one parking spot...I guess developers are staying away from this because they aren't selling.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive