HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 1:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIPS View Post
Stinks to me.
I hated The Loop just as much as everyone else on the street but I always saw real estate agents buying properties as really shady, even if it's just to diversify a portfolio.
I'm citing Mike again for this and his multiple derelict buildings up and down Tranquille.
Brendan Shaw is the realtor who bought it and he is known for being pretty quick-moving. He's given The Loop 20 days to move out and then plans to clean-up and renovate the property. He's the realtor working on City Gardens, as well as that riverfront development on Royal Ave.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 5:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIPS View Post
Stinks to me.
I hated The Loop just as much as everyone else on the street but I always saw real estate agents buying properties as really shady, even if it's just to diversify a portfolio.
I'm citing Mike again for this and his multiple derelict buildings up and down Tranquille.
I hear what you're saying Mips, but in this specific case I could care less if it was the most corrupt organization out there. Getting rid of this stain on the neighborhood is all I care about. Brendan Shaw also lives in the neighborhood and why he bought it. This is great news!

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO View Post
Wait... I thought everyone liked Blue Green lol.
Negative. I think developers like them because they'll do anything they're told. That apartment block on top of Ashley's Furniture for example. I'm all for mixed use developments but that one's not it.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 2:49 PM

Curtain wall starting to go up at city gardens, and an alley view of canary lofts progress.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 3:57 PM
Project manger

To see the curtain wall going up is exiting. We had Ron in to our location and he confirmed that as soon as building 1 is complete they will be moving ahead with building 2. I cant help but wonder if that is 100% or not. With the market in demand the way that it is I feel yes, but the cost I feel no.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 6:22 PM

Quote:
To see the curtain wall going up is exiting. We had Ron in to our location and he confirmed that as soon as building 1 is complete they will be moving ahead with building 2. I cant help but wonder if that is 100% or not. With the market in demand the way that it is I feel yes, but the cost I feel no.
I hope that is the case, that they will start on the 2nd tower right away. It seems like the transfer slabs and foundations are built for almost all of the buildings so they could really pick any to build next.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Hopefully that happens. Is the second tower all rental? You would think for a property management company they would go that route since I'm sure they have deep pockets and the demand for rentals is so high. Plus the crane and an experienced construction crew is already on site. Cost of mob & de-mob wouldn't be a factor.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 8:31 PM
Project manger

I believe it would be mostly if not all rentals.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 1:19 AM

Cool pictures VantageHD! Exciting to see that Trillium is another step closer to the finish line!
On another note, there was a proposal for a 4 storey, 48 unit apartment building for ‘Dune’ at the Westsyde Golf course
IMG_5714
This image and info is from a Castanet article.

https://www.castanetkamloops.net/new...d-at-The-Dunes

The build is pretty similar to the rest of what the architects make , and you all probably guessed it, BlueGreen… I would say the build is alright, would have look way worse if it was a bigger building, glad they kept it at 4 floors. I cannot complain too much as it’s housing Kamloops always needs, nor will I ever be that deep in Westsyde to see it LOL.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 3:54 AM

That might be the least offensive design from bluegreen I've seen. And you're right, probably because it's only 4 stories. I don't hate it

Not sure if anyone has seen the village lately but it's almost completely gone. Can't help but think how the loop sale to Brendan Shaw will help the city market that property since it's just down from it. Also heard an Arpa interview last week saying the Innova building will start up in the next couple months. Looking forward to seeing that dirt lot get built on.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:36 PM

Very interesting proposed site plan for the development past orchards walk extending to Dallas Dr. The proposed RM5 zone will have 2 apartment buildings with 75 units each and 1 with 56. Will be an incredibly dense area when completed.

Last edited by mindcash; Yesterday at 10:48 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia