HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 24, 2007, 2:18 PM
FriskyDingo

your kidding right?

Old Posted Sep 24, 2007, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLksuGUY View Post
your kidding right?
No. The more I see it, the less it appeals. That big pedestal box of parking is extremely hideous. That tower screams "Miami Throwaway".

Old Posted Sep 24, 2007, 4:26 PM
Atlanta Native

To each their own.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2007, 5:09 PM

Well, a few dozen more "fugly looking monstrosity" towers like this one should make everyone happy -- including those like me who like it and those like ThrashATL who don't. A skyline filled with such "hideous" "Miami Throwaway" buildings will better highlight the towers they actually like. Win-Win!

Old Posted Sep 24, 2007, 9:47 PM

Riding my bike along the Freedom Park Path, this tower is doing great things for the skyline. From that vantage point (near the Carter Center) it has quite a nice presence -- it makes the whole skyline more cohesive. From that distance it actually looks quite a lot taller than it is too.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2007, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancramer View Post
Riding my bike along the Freedom Park Path, this tower is doing great things for the skyline. From that vantage point (near the Carter Center) it has quite a nice presence -- it makes the whole skyline more cohesive. From that distance it actually looks quite a lot taller than it is too.
sounds like you should take your camera with you...

Old Posted Sep 24, 2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashATL View Post
No. The more I see it, the less it appeals. That big pedestal box of parking is extremely hideous. That tower screams "Miami Throwaway".
by far, the feature that offends most is the parking pedestal. i've said it before, but i think novare should have taken on the cost of dropping parking at least two floors below peachtree grade - the difference would be quite noticeable, and worth the cost IMO. additionally, once retail flanks the south side of the project, the pedestal will be minimized.

overall, i think viewpoint is coming along nicely. as 'marketswork' so eloquently pointed out, this project provides a nice gap closing addition to midtown that everyone should be able to appreciate.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2007, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancramer View Post
I agree. And from some western "viewpoints" it appears as the tallest of a nice little cluster of buildings South of 10th.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2007, 1:11 AM

looks like they need to finish the current floor (35th), 1 more floor, then the roof and crown. This is the fastest construction I have seen in a while.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 4:06 PM
Atlanta Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezmang View Post
looks like they need to finish the current floor (35th), 1 more floor, then the roof and crown. This is the fastest construction I have seen in a while.
Though I would have love to seen this building at 40 floors a guess 37 will do. They are building the last full floor now. I miss Backstreet but I suppose this building does the lot some justice.

I just have one question. The Viepoint tower 1 has always been shown as the tallest of the three. If the back two are converted to office space won't that make towers 2 and 3 taller than tower 1. It would seem to make more sence to convert towers 2 and 3 into apartments for the time being. At least that would allow the developers to stay tru to the original asthetic of the design.

Thoughts?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STrek777 View Post
Though I would have love to seen this building at 40 floors a guess 37 will do. They are building the last full floor now. I miss Backstreet but I suppose this building does the lot some justice.

I just have one question. The Viepoint tower 1 has always been shown as the tallest of the three. If the back two are converted to office space won't that make towers 2 and 3 taller than tower 1. It would seem to make more sence to convert towers 2 and 3 into apartments for the time being. At least that would allow the developers to stay tru to the original asthetic of the design.

Thoughts?
I'd try and find a hotel for one of the towers and apartments for the last.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 7:51 PM
Atlanta Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashATL View Post
I'd try and find a hotel for one of the towers and apartments for the last.
I'd be ok with that too.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2007, 8:16 PM

Quote:
I just have one question. The Viepoint tower 1 has always been shown as the tallest of the three. If the back two are converted to office space won't that make towers 2 and 3 taller than tower 1.
Not sure I understand this... can you clarify your logic here..? I dont think any plans have been made for towers 2 and 3 and I wouldnt put much on seeing them get built. Who knows, maybe someone else can enlighten us here...

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 9:33 PM
i heart buildings

Quote:
I miss Backstreet but I suppose this building does the lot some justice.
Hmm... something about the front of this tower reminds me of Backstreet.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelver View Post

Classic.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2007, 11:13 AM
Atlanta Native

Quote:

ROFL I never thought of this building this way... but now I do. I have got to show this to my friends they are going love it!

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 12:36 AM

One and a half more floors until it's topped out! It looked lovely today with the glass nearly to the top.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2007, 12:43 AM
BANNED

Quote:

Man, its just average
hahaha

Old Posted Oct 9, 2007, 6:59 PM

Are they currently pouring the ceiling of the last floor? Looks like it's about time for the wave...

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 3:51 PM
Former GTC Deity

Taken 10-08-2007:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive