HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2001  
Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 3:59 AM
vjose32 vjose32 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 649
Here is a list of what I can confirm is under construction at Polo were Zellers once was.

Things Remembered
Pandora
Anthropologie
Fossil
Disney
Nine West
Urban Outfitters
Thomas Sabo
Mexx
Lids
Watch It
Journeys
Sunglass Hut
Bench
Teavana
Swarovski
Claires

There's 3 or 4 others but they don't have any signage or hoarding so I don't know what they are.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2002  
Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 12:58 PM
horrorbro123 horrorbro123 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Winnipeg MB
Posts: 354
Lets Hope H&M Hoarding Wall Could Be Take Down This Week at Polo Park Hope reveal to The Public
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2003  
Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 4:51 PM
CoryB CoryB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjose32 View Post
There's 3 or 4 others but they don't have any signage or hoarding so I don't know what they are.
Sage Wellness is definitely coming to Polo Park but not sure if it is in the Zeller's wing.

Something else to keep in mind is existing stores may be relocating to that wing (ie Mexx, Sunglasses Hut) which will free up other locations within the mall.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2004  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 12:24 PM
wags_in_the_peg wags_in_the_peg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Sage Wellness is definitely coming to Polo Park but not sure if it is in the Zeller's wing.

Something else to keep in mind is existing stores may be relocating to that wing (ie Mexx, Sunglasses Hut) which will free up other locations within the mall.
Sage is going next door to H&M and Sunglass Hut. H&M opening Sep 10, was there last night
__________________
just an ordinary Prairie Boy who loves to be in the loop on what is going on
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2005  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 3:16 PM
horrorbro123 horrorbro123 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Winnipeg MB
Posts: 354
Give Updated on W. K. Chan Jewellers at Polo Park
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2006  
Old Posted Sep 7, 2014, 4:30 AM
vjose32 vjose32 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 649
WK Chan is still under renovations from what I can tell.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2007  
Old Posted Sep 7, 2014, 6:21 PM
horrorbro123 horrorbro123 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Winnipeg MB
Posts: 354
Black's Photography Is Closing Two Location Polo Park And St Vital Centre
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2008  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2014, 4:44 AM
CoryB CoryB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorbro123 View Post
Black's Photography Is Closing Two Location Polo Park And St Vital Centre
I wonder if they might merge some of the profitable pieces, if there are in, into the Telus stores in those same malls, after all they are part of the same company.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2009  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2014, 2:01 PM
h0twired's Avatar
h0twired h0twired is offline
Dynamic Positivity!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorbro123 View Post
Black's Photography Is Closing Two Location Polo Park And St Vital Centre
Was just a matter of time.

I don't know anyone who goes to small camera stores/photo labs anymore.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2010  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 3:41 PM
horrorbro123 horrorbro123 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Winnipeg MB
Posts: 354
Rumours is True Lids Is Coming To Polo Park
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2011  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 7:04 PM
cheswick's Avatar
cheswick cheswick is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Kildonan
Posts: 2,210
Anyone know what Tommy Gun is?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2012  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 7:20 PM
wags_in_the_peg wags_in_the_peg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Anyone know what Tommy Gun is?
barbershop with modern conveniences, franchise out of AB, already have 1 location on Kenaston. I looked into them as a business a few years back. neat concept
__________________
just an ordinary Prairie Boy who loves to be in the loop on what is going on
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2013  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2014, 7:20 PM
h0twired's Avatar
h0twired h0twired is offline
Dynamic Positivity!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Anyone know what Tommy Gun is?
Barbershop.

http://tommyguns.com/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2014  
Old Posted Sep 12, 2014, 4:19 AM
vjose32 vjose32 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 649
Yes I noticed construction just started on Tommy Guns recently. I confirmed Lids a few posts ago. I'm working on site and know most of the stores going in, well the ones I've listed which are also on that door.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2015  
Old Posted Sep 12, 2014, 2:30 PM
CoryB CoryB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,877
I would be surprised if there are more opening before Christmas that are not on the list.

It has officially been said there will be more stores following in 2015 and those will likely back fill for ones relocating, like Mexx and Sunglasses Hut.

There also continue to be rumors that Sears at Polo Park is "for sale" if the right offer comes forward. Considering they have sold off a number of their prime locations in Canada already this would not be surprising. The bigger question is what would losing Sears mean for the mall? Might they demolish the store and build a south wing expansion pushing towards Portage Ave? Might a single new tenant move into the space? Might they split the space for a couple medium sizes tenants like H&M sized stores, and if so what configuration does that split take?

It seems this is just the start of the changes for the mall and we can expect more to come.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2016  
Old Posted Sep 12, 2014, 3:22 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 25,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
I would be surprised if there are more opening before Christmas that are not on the list.

It has officially been said there will be more stores following in 2015 and those will likely back fill for ones relocating, like Mexx and Sunglasses Hut.

There also continue to be rumors that Sears at Polo Park is "for sale" if the right offer comes forward. Considering they have sold off a number of their prime locations in Canada already this would not be surprising. The bigger question is what would losing Sears mean for the mall? Might they demolish the store and build a south wing expansion pushing towards Portage Ave? Might a single new tenant move into the space? Might they split the space for a couple medium sizes tenants like H&M sized stores, and if so what configuration does that split take?

It seems this is just the start of the changes for the mall and we can expect more to come.
Given that downtown retail is all but officially dead, at this point I think I can get behind Polo Park expansion on the grounds that it will keep retail dollars from flowing to greenfield big-box developments on the fringes of town. It's the lesser of two evils, in that sense.

With Polo Park being the dominant mall in Manitoba, you would think there would be some pretty big possibilities with the southern end of their property. I hope whatever CF does there is a bit better thought out than the piecemeal pall-mall crap thrown around at the north end of their property.

Last edited by esquire; Sep 12, 2014 at 3:48 PM. Reason: left out a key word
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2017  
Old Posted Sep 12, 2014, 3:42 PM
Riverman's Avatar
Riverman Riverman is offline
Fossil fuel & rubber
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario's feel good town
Posts: 3,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
given that downtown retail is all but officially dead, at this point i think i can get behind polo park expansion on the grounds that it will keep retail dollars from flowing to greenfield big-box developments on the fringes of town. It's the lesser of two evils, in that sense.

fify
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2018  
Old Posted Sep 12, 2014, 3:45 PM
h0twired's Avatar
h0twired h0twired is offline
Dynamic Positivity!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,912
I want to know why there still isn't a Lego store in Winnipeg.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2019  
Old Posted Sep 12, 2014, 3:48 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 25,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
fify
Whoops... thanks!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2020  
Old Posted Sep 12, 2014, 3:56 PM
CoryB CoryB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
With Polo Park being the dominant mall in Manitoba, you would think there would be some pretty big possibilities with the southern end of their property. I hope whatever CF does there is a bit better thought out than the piecemeal pall-mall crap thrown around at the north end of their property.
Just look at what some of the other mega-regional malls are pulling in Canada for an idea of what Polo Park could do in an expansion. I think the big limitation would be parking related. Current zoning by-laws put in place a minimum number of parking stalls. To build a significant south expansion there would be a negative parking impact. That would likely need to be addressed as part of any major changes.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:16 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.