HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Feb 16, 2009, 3:44 AM
Ex Houstonian

Lightbulb HOUSTON | America's Plaza | FT | FLOORS

Found this just a minute ago on redstudioarchitects.com. Upon further reading it seems that this project will be located near the proposed Dynamo Stadium, east of 59.

Looks to be in about the 300 ft range or so and Im not sure on much about this project. Like if its ever going up or not. Anyone else know anything about this project by any chance? I then looked it up on haif.com and they had just started a thread about it too and they seem to not know much about this project either.

http://www.studioredarchitects.com/i...=125&parent=15

Last edited by Urbannizer; Sep 23, 2015 at 6:05 PM.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2009, 3:57 AM
BANNED

This is a great developement but, my predictions are that this will not go anywhere no time soon in this economy;further more I don't know much about this. Also there are alot of projects planned for Houston but are not really discussed about here on SSP.

MAYBE something will happen with this when (if) the Dynamo stadium goes up.

Last edited by HOUSTONIAN57; Feb 16, 2009 at 4:08 AM.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2009, 4:40 AM
Ex Houstonian

Yes, I too very much doubt we will see this anytime soon but who knows? I mean, some of the greatest buildings in Americas cities were built during the Great Depression so maybe some of these projects will start in order to employ constructions workers who are out of the job.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2009, 6:40 AM
FYHA

Shasta x-posted this in a Houston thread here and on HAIF last summer along with a few others he had found renderings of. No real conclusion came of it, but there is a much smaller, similarly (maybe the same) named development on the east end near the proposed Dynamo Stadium site that's included a rehab of old buildings into, IIRC, neighborhood offices & residential.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2009, 10:29 AM
Dryer lint inspector

i really like the design but think it's too suburban given that it's just on the other side of the freeway from downtown.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 5:46 AM
Hopeful Graduate

For me, it works, it seem nice. Cant wait to see a better rendering.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2010, 10:16 PM

This project is actually alive.

Renderings:

[img][/img]
Quote:
Now Alan is master planning 10 acres in the East End in a project called Americas Plaza.

Alan is also redeveloping Two Americas Plaza, a 29k SF former warehouse, into retail space. Shell conversion and infrastructure work is mostly done, and Canal Street Gallery, Trentino Gelato, and Mallie's Bakery occupy the building, but 25k SF is still available. He thinks this project is particularly important because 900 new residents have moved into the two-block area in recent years, but no new retail has been built to keep up. Alan handled the “recycling” first—the rest of the master plan is primarily residential space and will be new construction on vacant land. There will also be a park with underground parking and a mini amphitheater oriented toward the downtown skyline. Alan is open to selling land or partnering with developers to build apartments consistent with his master plan.

Alan says his development is a slow, incremental process, but one crucial to making sure the amenities keep up with the increase in density.
http://www.bisnow.com/houston_commer...ry.php?p=10019

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive