HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted May 21, 2010, 6:14 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

105,000 sq ft office building planned for midtown

Old Posted May 21, 2010, 9:26 PM

Great news! Although it's not a high rise, it will add density to the area and one less empty lot near downtown is a good thing!

Old Posted May 21, 2010, 9:41 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Looks suburbanish?

Better than a vacant lot though, and its good to get some more office workers downtown.

Old Posted May 21, 2010, 10:01 PM

^^^ I was thinking the same thing, probably because of the height and the pitched roof, which gives it a Stone Oak personality. That said, anything that adds office space in and around downtown is something to be celebrated at this point, so no complaints from me.

Old Posted May 21, 2010, 10:58 PM
Paradise

I was gonna say the same thing, but I can't complain or else nothing will get built.

Old Posted May 21, 2010, 11:28 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanshirt View Post
^^^ I was thinking the same thing, probably because of the height and the pitched roof, which gives it a Stone Oak personality. That said, anything that adds office space in and around downtown is something to be celebrated at this point, so no complaints from me.
It looks like one of those UTSA buildings you can see from I-10.

Old Posted May 22, 2010, 12:26 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame View Post
It looks like one of those UTSA buildings you can see from I-10.
A lot of the buildings on the UT Campus in Austin look like that. It seems they've taken a liking and adopted the style of pitched roofs and overhangs for almost every new building being built on campus.

It doesn't look too bad though. I like that type of roof, and I'm a fan of overhangs like that. There's also a hint of smart building with overhangs like that since they can provide shade from sunlight.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 22, 2010, 3:48 PM

I wonder if this means they (BB) will be abandoning their Pecan/Soledad bank, although they could just be expanding presence. I know they (Broadway Bank) have been expanding some; they planned/are building(?) more offices near their 410/Naco HQ's.

I do like some things about it. I like that there is no exit to Elmira. 4 stories is not too bad (compared to an empty lot,) Methodist is 3 at the closest building. It is good infill. This plus the medical offices on Camden (2 blocks south) is a good push in the right direction for the area.
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

Old Posted May 22, 2010, 10:38 PM
James

They are going to build a 6 story building next to the current Broadway Bank Headquarters @ 410/Naco. My cousin works there and she tells me about how they are having to be crammed for space really soon.

Old Posted May 24, 2010, 4:55 PM

Found extra details on this project:
from bizjournals.com

Quote:
R.L. Worth already has one tenant lined up for the building. Broadway Bank has inked a lease for just over 5,000 sf on the ground floor for a new bank branch.

"We are close to inking a deal for the balance of the first floor — which would take us to 25 percent preleased," says Bob Worth, president of the commercial development/brokerage firm.

And by the time R.L. Worth starts construction on the project — current plans call for a fall 2010 groundbreaking — the building could already be 50 percent leased.

R.L. Worth purchased the city block where the building is being developed from Broadway Bank.

While Worth declined to divulge leasing rates for the new building, he does say that his rents will be in excess of the Class A office properties in the central business district.

According to the first quarter 2010 office market analysis by NAI REOC San Antonio, the average asking rental rate for Class A properties downtown now stands at $21.05 per sf.

Each floor in the Broadway Building will span approximately 26,350 sf.
and it looks like Broadway Bank will be abandoning their Soledad offices.

Add: While not huge news, but on the same topic of more office workers near DT, Detroit advertising firm Campbell-Ewald is opening an office in the Finesilver Building in Downtown San Antonio. It will move 2 workers down and hire 13 more for their office. For those that don't know, the Finesilver is the blurple building at the corner of the 35/10 interchange

Read more: National advertising company to plant flag in San Antonio - San Antonio Business Journal
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

Last edited by miaht82; May 28, 2010 at 3:48 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio