HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Closed Thread

Old Posted Aug 1, 2011, 10:11 PM
ARTchitecture

Shouldn't there be an SSP: Local Winnipeg?

There's a lot of threads on here about Winnipeg and related topics... just an idea. I'd start one, but I have no idea how haha!

Old Posted Aug 1, 2011, 10:17 PM
I am a typical

We've decided against it every time it has come up for discussion, and I don't see that changing any time soon. It would suck much of the life out of the Mansask subforum.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2011, 4:40 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

We had this exact topic by a different user not too long ago, and everyone here decided against it. According to the senior admins, the amount of traffic in this board, along with the amount of users from their respective regions within this board, couldn't justify an SSP Local for Winnipeg.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2011, 4:48 AM
Transit Nerd

I'm sticking with the ManSask board. Speaking of boards, the Winnipeg Construction thread is near 10,000. Who's going to start off Part 2?

Old Posted Aug 2, 2011, 4:16 PM

Personally, I like ManSask together. Its nice checking out Regina and Saskatoon boards too. I check around Canada, but its tougher to keep up with developments cause i'm lazy and like everything in one thread (like on SkyScraperCity there's just a prairie province thread, so you can check out all Edmonton and Calgary stuff too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorand93 View Post
I'm sticking with the ManSask board. Speaking of boards, the Winnipeg Construction thread is near 10,000. Who's going to start off Part 2?
I think 1ajs will do that, although interestingly when previous Winnipeg Construction threads have reached the limit, a new one popped up just named "Winnipeg Construction" (and I could be completely mistaken as I have no been around on SSP long enough to know)

Old Posted Aug 2, 2011, 4:26 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post
I think 1ajs will do that, although interestingly when previous Winnipeg Construction threads have reached the limit, a new one popped up just named "Winnipeg Construction" (and I could be completely mistaken as I have no been around on SSP long enough to know)
Hopefully the first page gets a MAJOR overhaul. So much missing and outdated information on it.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2011, 6:11 PM

yeah who knows what number we're actually on right now. Is it II or IV? or XXIV? lol

send him a pm hotwired

Old Posted Aug 2, 2011, 9:58 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0twired View Post
Hopefully the first page gets a MAJOR overhaul. So much missing and outdated information on it.
yea i gotta sit down and go through it just been tossing stuff in it and havent realy deleted much from it latly

Old Posted Aug 2, 2011, 9:59 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post
yeah who knows what number we're actually on right now. Is it II or IV? or XXIV? lol

send him a pm hotwired
where on VII i think

Old Posted Aug 2, 2011, 11:56 PM
ARTchitecture

Cool I was just checking... cause I wondered why Halifax and London had one but not Winni!

Old Posted Aug 3, 2011, 12:01 AM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
where on VII i think
1ajs, do you think you'd be able to update the skyscraper map for Winnipeg? It's outdated and I'm not even sure where to begin updating that stuff.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2011, 12:32 AM
I am a typical

The skyscraper map is updated by building database editors (users with a green name). You can either make a thread in the database corrections subforum or send me a PM describing what you think is incorrect and we'll work to fix the problem, if there is one.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2011, 3:08 AM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
The skyscraper map is updated by building database editors (users with a green name). You can either make a thread in the database corrections subforum or send me a PM describing what you think is incorrect and we'll work to fix the problem, if there is one.
Sorry, I realized it wasn't the map, but the city list of buildings. Some new drawings of proposed structures would be good though

Old Posted Aug 4, 2011, 12:12 AM
I am a typical

Similarly, if that list is out of date, let us know the same ways I described above so that it can be updated.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2011, 10:07 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
According to the senior admins, the amount of traffic in this board, along with the amount of users from their respective regions within this board, couldn't justify an SSP Local for Winnipeg.
It's funny that London, Kitchener/Waterloo, Halifax, and Victoria has local sub-forums but not Winnipeg.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2011, 5:06 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

we had votes 5 times on this twice this yr allready lol

Old Posted Aug 4, 2011, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
we had votes 5 times on this twice this yr allready lol
I was under the impression that the votes you're refering to were to separate Manitoba and Saskatchewan into 2 sub-forums (which I voted against). This isn't the same issue, is it?

Old Posted Aug 4, 2011, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
I was under the impression that the votes you're refering to were to separate Manitoba and Saskatchewan into 2 sub-forums (which I voted against). This isn't the same issue, is it?
Actually, I think its two different issues. What was voted on before (twice while I've been a member I think) was separating Manitoba and Saskatchewan. But, there could and maybe should be a sub-forum for Winnipeg within the Manitoba & Saskatchewan section. I voted against the former but would support the latter.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2011, 6:54 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

ok i will take this to the admins

Old Posted Aug 4, 2011, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinguni View Post
Actually, I think its two different issues. What was voted on before (twice while I've been a member I think) was separating Manitoba and Saskatchewan. But, there could and maybe should be a sub-forum for Winnipeg within the Manitoba & Saskatchewan section. I voted against the former but would support the latter.
I agree on that as well. I like to look at the Sask/Man. Stuff every now and then, but I am mainly interested in Winnipeg's stuff.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan