HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Mar 14, 2019, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornbread View Post
I believe Frost Bank has floors 1-18.
Frost has 1-15.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynetwo View Post
Frost has 1-15.
I think a law firm committed to 2 floors, and from info shown, it looks like a couple of partial floors have been leased to smaller tenants.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Frost has 1-15.

I'm struggling to see how this is "filling up nicely." My question would be: why is it not fully leased already?

So Frost took 15 floors of the building, i.e., they only needed to fill 8-9 others. And they can't even do that? why?

If San Antonio in general and downtown in particular is truly "on fire" as we're constantly told, why can't they possibly find enough tenants to fill up less than TEN FLOORS in a building that has been crowned an iconic game-changer?

You'd have thought they would've been snatched up ages ago and people would've been beating at the doors to move their businesses into it.

I guess it makes sense now as to why they didn't make it taller. If they can't even find enough tenants for ten floors of Class A office space in one of the most important buildings to be constructed in San Antonio in decades, then why would they have ever built one that's 50 or 60 floors?

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micahinsa View Post
I'm struggling to see how this is "filling up nicely." My question would be: why is it not fully leased already?

So Frost took 15 floors of the building, i.e., they only needed to fill 8-9 others. And they can't even do that? why?

If San Antonio in general and downtown in particular is truly "on fire" as we're constantly told, why can't they possibly find enough tenants to fill up less than TEN FLOORS in a building that has been crowned an iconic game-changer?

You'd have thought they would've been snatched up ages ago and people would've been beating at the doors to move their businesses into it.

I guess it makes sense now as to why they didn't make it taller. If they can't even find enough tenants for ten floors of Class A office space in one of the most important buildings to be constructed in San Antonio in decades, then why would they have ever built one that's 50 or 60 floors?
What do you mean, they "can't"? The building's not even open yet. I have no doubt it will be fully leased.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
What do you mean, they "can't"? The building's not even open yet. I have no doubt it will be fully leased.
What do you mean? It's available to be leased right now, so that tenants can move in when it opens. Lots of buildings have contracts signed to be leased before they officially open.

And yeah, I'm sure *someday* it will be fully leased. What I'm wondering is why it hasn't been yet. They only needed to fill 8 or 9 floors of Class A office space in the heart of downtown, in one of the most recognizable buildings in the state.

I'll posit a theory: the demand really just isn't there at this point in time.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micahinsa View Post
What do you mean? It's available to be leased right now, so that tenants can move in when it opens. Lots of buildings have contracts signed to be leased before they officially open.

And yeah, I'm sure *someday* it will be fully leased. What I'm wondering is why it hasn't been yet. They only needed to fill 8 or 9 floors of Class A office space in the heart of downtown, in one of the most recognizable buildings in the state.

I'll posit a theory: the demand really just isn't there at this point in time.
So it's not enough for you that a new office tower was built downtown, amid a wave of buildings on Houston Street being restored for office use (and the Milam Building). Downtown's office demand must not be increasing after all because Frost isn't fully leased yet, and therefore everyone who says otherwise is lying or is less informed than yourself.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 4:45 PM

Earnst & Young was the tenant that took almost half of the 19th floor.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton..._news_headline

To the other poster asking about leasing.

Bank America is taking 66,000 at the new Pearl building. I bet that is a lot cheaper than taking 3.5 toppish floors of the Frost building.

The Frost Tower did not have enough space for Credit Human. Jefferson State Bank opted to build their own building versus leasing.

Companies tend to build their own buildings quite often in San Antonio. I am sitting in a 605,000 square foot building on the far west side. One of only two offices our companies owns out of over 25 globally.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 6:34 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Earnst & Young was the tenant that took almost half of the 19th floor.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton..._news_headline

To the other poster asking about leasing.

Bank America is taking 66,000 at the new Pearl building. I bet that is a lot cheaper than taking 3.5 toppish floors of the Frost building.

The Frost Tower did not have enough space for Credit Human. Jefferson State Bank opted to build their own building versus leasing.

Companies tend to build their own buildings quite often in San Antonio. I am sitting in a 605,000 square foot building on the far west side. One of only two offices our companies owns out of over 25 globally.
Is that a result of it possibly being cheaper to build and own?

Old Posted Mar 25, 2019, 2:49 PM

San Antonio Office | Monthly Market Snapshot | March 2019

Credit:
Leta Wauson
Director of Research
leta.wauson@naipartners.com

Market Highlights

Office market vacancy steady. Overall vacancy in the San Antonio office market ranged between 9.7% to 10.0% in 2018. Current vacancy is 10.5%, up 70 basis points from this time last year. Of the 1.5 million sq. ft. currently under construction, 66.7% of that space has already been spoken for. The 460,000-sq.-ft. Frost Tower in the central business district is approximately 70% leased prior to completion at the end of the first quarter. Many companies are making leasing decisions with a focus on employee attraction and retention and viewing downtown as a place where workers want to spend their time before, during, and after work.

Expanding business park at North Loop 1604. Pinnacle Oaks, a 21-acre master-planned business park located off of North Loop 1604 West in San Antonio is currently planning to break ground on the project’s next phase, named Pinnacle Oaks Centre 1, this summer. It will include a Class A five-story, 154,000-sq.-ft. office building scheduled to be completed in the summer of 2020. The first phase of the project, the 80,532-sq.-ft. Pinnacle Oaks Tech Center, broke ground late 2017 and finished construction in 2018. Once fully completed, the business park is planned to include 500,000 sq. ft. of Class A office space.

San Antonio remained healthy in 2018. The unemployment rate increased slightly to 3.4% in December, up from 3.2% in October. Though some sectors were weak due to the tight jobs market, overall job growth in San Antonio in 2019 should be similar to the state as a whole, somewhere between 1 and 2%, reported the Dallas Fed. Low unemployment can be problematic when it comes to economic development in some of the city’s industries, especially tech and manufacturing, when there aren’t enough qualified workers for the number of job openings that exist. Capitalizing on population growth and developing the local workforce will be in focus during 2019.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2019, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Is that a result of it possibly being cheaper to build and own?
Plus, I don't think a well know bank would open offices in a competitors building, especially that of another bank. Seems odd and unlike. Though, if anyone knows of a similar scenario, then correct me.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2019, 1:05 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
Plus, I don't think a well know bank would open offices in a competitors building, especially that of another bank. Seems odd and unlike. Though, if anyone knows of a similar scenario, then correct me.
Well that makes perfect sense and I feel like a fool for not noticing it. .

Old Posted Mar 28, 2019, 7:22 PM
JACKinBeantown

Looks like the Frost webcams are done. Too bad... I was using them to watch Thompson and the stupidly named Credit Human.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2019, 7:27 PM

I can try to update the projects since I basically go to downtown any chance I get

Old Posted Mar 28, 2019, 7:46 PM
JACKinBeantown

Much appreciated.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2019, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Looks like the Frost webcams are done. Too bad... I was using them to watch Thompson and the stupidly named Credit Human.
This company often keeps their cams running long after. A few months ago I saw their other projects, many of which are completed. See their website.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2019, 8:32 AM

Well, I was wrong. The cameras are no longer working. Damn. I was hoping to get notice as to when the garage will finally be lit. I was also hoping to see the Thompson Hotel surpass the AT&T building as it gets taller.

Well, time for a new high rise.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 12:43 AM

Two quick pics of how the Frost looks coming down Travis Street. Glass is up along the garage, I'll try and capture that next.

Last edited by txex06; Apr 5, 2019 at 2:43 AM.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 1:51 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by txex06 View Post

Two quick pics of how the Frost looks coming down Houston Street. Glass is up along the garage, I'll try and capture that next.
I think you meant Travis St., not Houston St.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 2:08 AM
James

Great pics, txex06!

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 2:09 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Yes, great photos txex06!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio