HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless One View Post
I'm looking at the continued growth outside of loops 410 and 1604, on all sides of town, and noting that rail lines won't be able to serve as much of it as trackless mass transit can.
Not sure how trackless would be better, but your point is valid. Sprawl isn't well served by any type of mass transit. Development needs to change. There needs to be dense infill along commercial corridors. Transit is just one piece of the puzzle. This problem needs to be looked at holistically.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2019, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
Not sure how trackless would be better, but your point is valid. Sprawl isn't well served by any type of mass transit. Development needs to change. There needs to be dense infill along commercial corridors. Transit is just one piece of the puzzle. This problem needs to be looked at holistically.
Just seems like it would be easier, cheaper, and more versatile.

https://www.citylab.com/transportati...-a-bus/545189/

Old Posted Aug 18, 2019, 2:37 PM
JACKinBeantown

HOV lane but no rail. That's a car-centric mindset planning mistake.

"The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) is giving residents a sneak peek at its plan to expand Interstate 35 from Northeast San Antonio through the growing towns of Selma and Schertz.

Those plans, simply put, call for turning much of that portion of I-35 into a double-decker freeway – with no tolls."

https://therivardreport.com/txdot-ro...de-and-beyond/

Old Posted Aug 18, 2019, 2:41 PM
JACKinBeantown

Bus Replacements Planned Using Initial VW Funds Don’t Ditch Fossil Fuels

"The grant funding could be used to replace the buses with zero-emission electric models, some of which VIA already has in service. However, VIA chose instead to use the funding to continue its transition from diesel to compressed natural gas, or CNG, and East Central ISD plans to replace its diesel buses with newer diesel models."

https://therivardreport.com/bus-repl...-fossil-fuels/

Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 9:05 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Airport PAX down just under 1% for August. First loss in more than 3 years. Correction coming? Concerns?

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 12:50 AM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

I think we need more datapoints to be concerned.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
Airport PAX down just under 1% for August. First loss in more than 3 years. Correction coming? Concerns?
Could it have to do decreased flights due to the ongoing Max issues?

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynetwo View Post
Could it have to do decreased flights due to the ongoing Max issues?
That and days of flight cancellations due to Hurricane Dorian.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSPaul View Post
That and days of flight cancellations due to Hurricane Dorian.
I don't think Dorian made much, if any, of a dent in August numbers. SAT, was growing at a roughly 5% clip until the 1% drop in August. I fear it's more than the MAX groundings & weather. Additionally, MAX groundings have been going on for months.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 1:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
I don't think Dorian made much, if any, of a dent in August numbers. SAT, was growing at a roughly 5% clip until the 1% drop in August. I fear it's more than the MAX groundings & weather. Additionally, MAX groundings have been going on for months.
I really don’t know. MAX was grounded for a few months yes, but then we started losing flights.

The economy nationwide has slowed but not in a major way. The local economy keeps adding good to high paying manufacturing jobs. Yes I know they are not here yet, but even our own local job engines are adding decent numbers.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 2:12 AM

Mostly due to the cancellations of Frontier flights from last year...https://www.sanantonio.gov/Portals/0...-20-102040-843

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 2:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAhometown View Post
Mostly due to the cancellations of Frontier flights from last year...https://www.sanantonio.gov/Portals/0...-20-102040-843
A 1% drop is equivalent to about 8,750 PAX. That's a lot - considering we were hoping to see a net gain of at least 44,000 PAX (~4% growth) over last year's number. There is a delta of almost 53,000 PAX (if my abacus was correct).

Other comparable airports in the state recorded growth for August. I still fear it's more than Frontier vacating flights and Hurricane Dorian disruptions.

Anyway...let's see how September does.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 12:29 PM

San Antonio's new 'green street' in Medical Center just about ready for bikers, pedestrians

Quote:
The trail stretches from Fawn Meadows to Lous Pasteur Drive. The elevated section of the roadway has four feet of landscaping separating motorists from the 10-foot wide, two-way biking trail. Another four feet divide the bike trail from a 6-foot wide walkway.
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...l-14501868.php

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 1:03 AM

Dura Software Closes on $10M Fund, Eyes More Acquisitions

Dura has acquired maintain some of their operations elsewhere, all three companies on its roster have relocated their headquarters to San Antonio as part of the deals. Its portfolio includes mobile device administration platform Moki Mobility, which the firm bought in June 2018; Nordic IT, an email service widely used in the maritime shipping industry; and 6Connex, which offers to host webinars, virtual trade shows, and e-learning courses.

https://therivardreport.com/dura-sof...box=1571089045

Old Posted Oct 26, 2019, 6:23 AM

https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...d-monthly.html

September numbers are out. September passenger traffic up nearly 5%. YTD numbers also up nearly 5%.

Good bounce back month from August, I expected some decline due to Dorian and cancelled Houston flights.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2019, 8:51 PM
Member since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI0120 View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...d-monthly.html

September numbers are out. September passenger traffic up nearly 5%. YTD numbers also up nearly 5%.

Good bounce back month from August, I expected some decline due to Dorian and cancelled Houston flights.
If Dorian (an east cost storm) & "cancelled flights to Houston" were the causes of a monthly PAX decline at SAT, then there are bigger problems at hand. Thankfully, that is not the case.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2019, 9:23 PM

It's not Dorian nor the cancelled Houston flights. AUS had its busiest September ever (up 13.1%).

GB's right. There may be bigger problems afoot at SAT than simply blaming things on weather.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2019, 11:48 PM

I heard SAT is right on track again, so that's cool, & just a FIY, anyone wanting to talk about hout busy Austin's airport is, I'm sure they have their own site for that. No need to post their business here.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2019, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraDanPrime View Post
I heard SAT is right on track again, so that's cool, & just a FIY, anyone wanting to talk about hout busy Austin's airport is, I'm sure they have their own site for that. No need to post their business here.
It was a data point regarding an airport roughly 60 miles away to prove my argument. There are deeper challenges at SAT than continuing to blame things on weather & MAX groundings. If you cannot see that, it's on you.

So, if you're such an insider...spill the beans. Don't be so shy. What's new @ the port? New routes? Where are they with the master plan?

Old Posted Nov 8, 2019, 2:36 AM

So the SAT numbers are back on track. Can the person saying there is an issue make an intelligent argument about said issue?

If not then stop saying there is an issue. I mean we have had record numbers for 33 out of 34 months...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio